• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Badass List of Badass characters Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   HalfTere 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Doesn't matter. Power and badassery don't correlate. For instance, consider the real world. Gerald Ford was commander-in-chief at a time when the US was engaged in a cold war - if someone had needed to press the button, it would have been him, unleashing hundreds of millions of deaths.

Yet, was Gerald Ford badass? I think not.

#82 User is offline   Dance 

• Sergeant

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

HalfTere;362159 said:

And you're right, L'oric isn't badass. However, he's still more badass than whiskeyjack, though only by the tiniest sliver.

L'oric loses any badassary he had when he tries to lecture Scillara on the virtues of motherhood.

Also, I feel that Whiskeyjack has a far more badass name, which should count for some points.

#83 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...
  • Interests:West Haaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

HalfTere;362159 said:

Well, Torvald Nom will indeed be added. I must say, I forgot he existed, but your argument is heartfelt and strong, not to mention; so sarcastic it made my eyes bleed, and sooooo fucking funny!

Fixed!
QUOTE (amphibian @ Nov 11 2008) <Rake himself was a huge weight inside Draconus and he didn't go in with an army.>

#84 User is offline   Perashaman 

• Corporal

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

And L'oric had some severe Daddy issues, which is the opposite of badass

#85 User is offline   Squish 

• Recruit

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

How's about Toc the Younger?? I know he keeps gettin smoked by dudes but he is pretty wicked with that Bow and Arrow. Well, maybe not badass though eh?
This is a hard discussion because basically everyone has to be somewhat badass to make an impression on the readers right?
Is Leoman on the list? He his pretty dynamite with those flails I tell ya, even though he lives in a cloud of Durhang. Also his first in command. What was that dudes name with all the luck again?
Hey what about Trott's brother that he duels with. I always loved that guy the way he sacrifices his hand to judo chop Trotts in the troat!

#86 User is offline   Perashaman 

• Corporal

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Yeah that little guy that fought Trotts was kinda badass, but in the first fight we see with him he dies. Don;t think he really belongs on the list.

Corabb is the man with the luck. Maybe. Definitely has bravery going for him, as he consistently goes into battle expecting and somewhat hoping to die gloriously.

And Toc endures through a ton of torture, and is amazing with the bow and arrow. communicates with wolves, lives in different bodies... but definitely dies a lot. Unworthy IMO.

#87 User is offline   Raraku 

• Fist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Well Toc is more Badass than Rhulad cause after Rhulad died the first time he started to lose his sanity and Toc has died at least 2 times and seems very sane although to be fair the third time we see Toc he is a ghost and is dead. And Almost anyone who is a Mortal Sword of any God is bad ass by nature.(read ALMOST ...... Clip sux)

#88 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

WHERE IS TORVALD NOM IN THE LIST IN THE FIRST POST

WHERE IS HE

Damn forgetful HalfTere.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#89 User is offline   Old Hunch Arbat 

• Fist

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

Remind me, who is Torvald Nom?

OHA

#90 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

before the chicken gets back... you are joking, right?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#91 User is offline   Old Hunch Arbat 

• Fist

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

Oh fuck me, am I in deep shit now?

WILL HE YELL AT ME?

I'm old - I'm allowed to be forgetful FFS. And I've left work to drive home real quick, find the bloody book, sweat to find the appropriate page(s) and study for my Malazan Empire exam before the chicken comes home to roost. He of the broken Caps Lock key.

OHA

#92 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hey guys, what's going on in this thre-

Old Hunch Arbat;362963 said:

Remind me, who is Torvald Nom?

OHA

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#93 User is offline   Old Hunch Arbat 

• Fist

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

Oh crap. I got home to my books just a little too late.

When I get back from my vacation I'll make sure I post my family pictures too. That's sweet. Mom playing with dad, the pool boy and little chicken.

OHA

#94 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- *audible snap of a rage gland finally giving way*

Er, I don't think I'm angry anymore. In fact, I feel kind of relaxed. Almost peaceful...

OHA, you can get a reminder of Torvald Nom by going back a few pages and seeing my reminder in this post. There's no need for anyone to get worked up, really, is there? *starts singing happy songs*

#95 User is offline   HalfTere 

• Corporal

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Adding Toc, Redmask (can't believe none of you mentioned him!), and Torvald Nom.

I have to say, being mortal sword of anything automatically amps up badass levels. A lot of the mortal swords are kind of sour, so they need it pretty bad, but Redmask would be high on the list even if he weren't an object of KCCM worship.

#96 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

You might need to:

1. Adjust your list after RG and then TTH;
2. Add L'oric to just above Whiskeyjack;
3. Add Torvald Nom. I looked, but his name wasn't at the top of the list, and he wouldn't be lower, so you must have just forgotten.

#97 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

Perashaman;362220 said:

And L'oric had some severe Daddy issues, which is the opposite of badass

Well even Karsa had some Daddie issues at the start of HoC but I doubt you'll say that he isn't a badass.
Anyway I must admit that while the HoC L'oric was an awesome character, the BH L'oric really sucked.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#98 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

I don't know about Redmask. Yeah, he did a decent job beating up a couple town guards, but his military campaign was against a non-badass commander.

#99 User is offline   Perashaman 

• Corporal

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Bauchelain the Evil;363139 said:

Well even Karsa had some Daddie issues at the start of HoC but I doubt you'll say that he isn't a badass.
Anyway I must admit that while the HoC L'oric was an awesome character, the BH L'oric really sucked.

Well Karsa got over his Daddy issues real quick. He finally figured out, hey my dad was right and my grandpa was an ass AND as it turns out a coward. Even when he was pissed at his Dad it was just anger that would have probably resulted in his dad's death. With L'oric it's all whiny daddy abandonment and indifference issues.

HoC L'oric was definitely cooler, because he was shrouded in mystery. And then when the mystery is uncovered it turns out he's just a cranky old Republican.

And Redmask? He conducted his military campaign like a total chump. He had one good idea for a battleground, which the enemy figured out anyways, and then it was nonstop incompetence. If it weren't for Toc and the KCCM, he would have had his entire people wiped out even earlier.

#100 User is offline   Perashaman 

• Corporal

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Raraku;362925 said:

Toc has died at least 2 times and seems very sane although to be fair the third time we see Toc he is a ghost and is dead.

Um, did this happen in RG? I remember him dying, but not coming back as a ghost...

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users