• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#7241 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:40 AM

The Last of Us trailer ran before Sunday night's episode of HotD. Looks pretty good to me. Based on what the trailer showed, they nailed the Clicker infected type. The guy from Chernobyl is involved, so that's good hands to help steer the LoU ship. So count me pretty excited for it.

#7242 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 October 2022 - 02:41 PM

View PostRenewed For 2 More Seasons, on 29 September 2022 - 04:27 AM, said:

Reservation Dogs s2 in the can. This season might have been even sadder than the first one, but also at least as funny, and that's saying something. Those last two eps -- very cathartic. Really one of my favorite things on TV right now.

I misread that as 'Reservoir Dogs s2' and was briefly wondering wtf i was missing.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7243 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 October 2022 - 08:40 AM, said:

The Last of Us trailer ran before Sunday night's episode of HotD. Looks pretty good to me. Based on what the trailer showed, they nailed the Clicker infected type. The guy from Chernobyl is involved, so that's good hands to help steer the LoU ship. So count me pretty excited for it.

I will definitely check this out if it's on a platform I can access!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7244 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2022 - 07:01 PM

Watched the Edge Runners Cyberpunk show on Netflix.

Really cool action but something about the show didn't really click for me. I think it's because I never liked any of the characters, maybe with the exception of Rebecca. They're all scumbags who get what they deserve one way or another.

Which in turn is probably why I like the ending so much:

Spoiler

#7245 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 October 2022 - 09:47 PM

Okay, it's Halloween spooky season and I just discovered Svengoolie. He's one of them Friday night/Saturday night horror movie hosts where they break in with segments of awful punny humor, cheaply produced bits and obscure facts about the movie being featured. And it is GLORIOUS! Shame on you midwesterners for hiding this gem from the rest of the country (I guess he got his start in Chicago?)

#7246 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 October 2022 - 01:10 PM

Watched episode 1 of AMC's INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE...and was pleasantly surprised.

As a long time fan of the books (IWTV was one of [if not THE] first "adult" books I ever read), and I really enjoyed the movie.

So when I heard about the changes - moving the timeline up to the Jazz Age, making Louis a pimp instead of a plantation/slave owner [honestly this change made sense], changing his brother's disability, aging up Claudia ect. - I was non-plussed and worried I'd dislike the adaptation.

Good news, this adaptation is EXQUISITE. I went in very sceptical and was pleasantly surprised by how even with the changes they've NAILED the vibe, tone, and general sweep of Anne Rice's work....and Jacob Anderson embodies Louis and makes him all his own, while also very much giving us the "stately, calm, and cadenced" Louis in the movie as well...and Sam Reid....jeezus I thought that Tom Cruise made a good Lestat....Sam Reid blows is performance out of the water...he is a revelation...especially in the one scene where Louis' mentally unwell but devoutly religious brother Paul asks Lestat about his relationship with the Lord.....and Lestat gives this response with the last sentence being utterly shouted...

“AND SO HE AND MY BROTHERS CONSPIRED TO PULL ME OUT, LOCK ME AWAY. WHERE BETWEEN BEATINGS, STARVATIONS, AND THE FAILURE OF CHRIST TO INTERCEDE THE BEATINGS AND STARVATIONS, I SLOWLY FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE TESTAMENTS, ASSISI, AQUINAS, ERASMUS — ALL OF IT. AND SO, TO ANSWER YOUR BORING QUESTION, THERE IS AN OCEAN BETWEEN CHRIST AND MYSELF.”

It. Was. Glorious. And so very much Lestat as I know him.

EDIT: Oh, and I want to add that the framing has shifted...MINOR spoilers for the table setting of the new show...which is the reason why Daniel (the interviewer) is not the young man he was in the books or the movie in this show, he's in his 60's...it turns out that the "interview" DID take place between Louis and Daniel in the 1970's when Daniel was a young man (up to and including Louis lashing out when Daniel asks him for the dark gift and Louis getting angry saying the wasn't listening to the tale)...there are tapes, it's what gets Daniel to come visit Louis again...this new interview takes place in present day (2022) in Dubai and it's hinged on Louis telling Daniel that he wanted to retell the story more thoroughly...and I think I know why this change was made...the original only encompasses the INTERVIEW book story but nothing else....but AMC ostensibly wants the show to be a multi-season thing (there is an "Immortal Universe" tag shows at the opening and is also on the MAYFAIR WITCHES show too) with likely crossover with the Witches and probably the Talamasca and possibly even Ramses The Damned (not sure how much of Rice's work they bought)....so this framing allows Louis to have lived almost 50 more years since the original "interview" and has more to tell...which I assume will include his knowledge of there events of Books 2-4 and beyond...it's ingenious really, and I gotta hand it to the show runners for having the original interview we know about still having taken place...and it appears the only difference from that is that Lestat never found Daniel after Louis leaves and thus didn't make him a vampire when he was young.

So not only am I on board for this show, I'm SUPER excited about seeing where it goes...WATCH THIS SHOW....

...and also super excited that they've also made a show (which I assume will cross over eventually with IWTV) for THE MAYFAIR WITCHES debuting in the new year as well:

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 October 2022 - 03:00 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7247 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 October 2022 - 02:33 PM

Looks great but I am getting tired of having to buy all of these streaming services
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#7248 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 October 2022 - 02:43 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 12 October 2022 - 02:33 PM, said:

Looks great but I am getting tired of having to buy all of these streaming services

That's a fair comment.

I'll have to curate away from a streaming service or two to accommodate. I usually keep about 3 spinning depending on the month and content. Once HOTD is done on Crave/HBO, in a couple of weeks, I'll turf Crave/HBO, which will make up for Prime/AMC combo.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 October 2022 - 02:49 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7249 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:12 PM

Oh yeah, you guys need to know this. New season of Documentary Now! starts next week. If you don't know or haven't watched this show, you should give it a chance. It's the best.

#7250 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:09 AM

SAS Rogue Heroes Sunday 30 Oct 9pm on BBC 1 apparently. Looks like fun.

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7251 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 October 2022 - 01:26 AM

Oh yeah, another one needs mentioning. Going to start with the newest (S4 and last season) of Atlanta. There are quite a few episodes available now as the end approaches (believe there are only three episodes left to air). Was weird to see this last season come so quickly after season 3 wrapped up at the end of May. It being the final season, I hope there are some interesting developments. Season 3 didn't disappoint on that note.

#7252 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2022 - 12:06 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 15 October 2022 - 04:09 AM, said:

SAS Rogue Heroes Sunday 30 Oct 9pm on BBC 1 apparently. Looks like fun.

This looks good. Right up my alley.

#7253 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 October 2022 - 08:23 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 August 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

Finished up the most recent season of Barry (s3). Yeah, I don't know, I definitely think seasons 1 and 2 are better. Season 3 seemed to suffer from covid interruptions? dunno, but there seemed to be some expedient or just not fleshed out story threads. Also, the toxic chaos that is a chain around Barry can be too much at times. But I think that is a key aspect of the show and it being a dark comedy, fits. Just be forewarned if you think Barry is going to be airy laughs and knee slapping comedy bits. The episodes propel forward with some momentum by the finale and on the whole I enjoyed season 3 (just not as much as 1&2). Maybe that will change after letting it set and marinate with me for awhile. It's my opinion the show should have the end in sight and hopefully season 4 will be the last. And on that, it will be interesting to see where season 4 goes because of how season 3 ended. Posted Image

So it's confirmed season 4 will be the final season. I think this is a good decision and am looking forward to how they wrap things up. It'll probably be dark.

#7254 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 October 2022 - 10:20 AM

So apparently some of you are fans of "Dark"?

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7255 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 October 2022 - 03:25 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 October 2022 - 10:20 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=p7OUQ9U2qIw

I'm intrigued.

#7256 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 October 2022 - 04:42 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

I'm intrigued.

It looks good, and word of mouth is that it's damned good storytelling. I will be checking it out.

#7257 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:17 PM

Stop tempting me now I've cancelled Netflix!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7258 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 October 2022 - 04:42 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

I'm intrigued.

It looks good, and word of mouth is that it's damned good storytelling. I will be checking it out.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 October 2022 - 05:17 PM, said:

Stop tempting me now I've cancelled Netflix!

Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in.

#7259 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:48 AM

Sweeeeeeeet. :)

and a slightly different version:

#7260 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:02 PM

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

I cannot wait! One of my all-time favourite animated shows ever. So unrelentingly funny.

Attached File  596tfmayvlx91.png (259.59K)
Number of downloads: 0

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users