• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6101 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:18 PM

huh, Cops got cancelled. I didn't know that was even still a thing. Didn't Cops start in the 1980s sometime? That is quite a run. I guess the current state of the world precipitated its cancellation?

#6102 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

What are the bad boys going to do now?

#6103 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 June 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

huh, Cops got cancelled. I didn't know that was even still a thing. Didn't Cops start in the 1980s sometime? That is quite a run. I guess the current state of the world precipitated its cancellation?

Yes, Cops has been running since 1989 and throughout its history, it's been an awful show full of racism, full of horrors and constant reminders that the police basically have three tools - move people along, use force to arrest them, ignore them.

Live PD is maybe coming back. It shouldn't.

Tellingly, the population that most loves these shows is the same population that isn't protesting police brutality against black people.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#6104 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

View Postamphibian, on 10 June 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yes, Cops has been running since 1989 and throughout its history, it's been an awful show full of racism, full of horrors and constant reminders that the police basically have three tools - move people along, use force to arrest them, ignore them.

Live PD is maybe coming back. It shouldn't.

Tellingly, the population that most loves these shows is the same population that isn't protesting police brutality against black people.

It blew my mind that it was even still on the air/being made. I could have sworn it had been gone since the early noughts.

Yeah, terrible show even back when more people watched it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6105 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

Anyone here watching Dark? Damn it is so good.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6106 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

View PostGorefest, on 10 June 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

Indeed. It's excellent. We have a thread for it around here somewhere too. Join in once you're caught up!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6107 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

I am caught up, waiting for season 3, but I hadnt seen the thread. Thanks.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6108 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Indeed. It's excellent. We have a thread for it around here somewhere too. Join in once you're caught up!

Sweet. I’m starting it tonight once I wrap up The Last Kingdom.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6109 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Sweet. I'm starting it tonight once I wrap up The Last Kingdom.

Perfect timing. Season 3 drops on the 27th!

#6110 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

More like the current state of the cops.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#6111 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

Anyone checked out Space Force on Netflix? I liked the trailer but. Bounced off the first episode. It's just not fun. You can see what they're going for but nothing really hits home for me.

#6112 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:04 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 June 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Anyone checked out Space Force on Netflix? I liked the trailer but. Bounced off the first episode. It's just not fun. You can see what they're going for but nothing really hits home for me.

Apparently it's the lowest rated/watched Netflix show ever?

My problem is that someone thought making a satire show that is associated with something Trump started (Space Force)...was ALWAYS a mistake. No matter how much they make fun of the idea in the show, or how much they try to make him look imbecile for creating it....you are still giving him space on a prestige TV show with an idea he came up with...so for me that's why I'm not bothering.

#6113 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

My problem is that someone thought making a satire show that is associated with something Trump started (Space Force)...was ALWAYS a mistake. No matter how much they make fun of the idea in the show, or how much they try to make him look imbecile for creating it....you are still giving him space on a prestige TV show with an idea he came up with...so for me that's why I'm not bothering.

I liked it. It's quirky, weird and has downplayed humour to it.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#6114 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 17 June 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

Agreed, although I do understand the criticism that it didn't quite know what it wanted to be. The season finale was ... a bit of a turn too.
I'll watch season 2 if they do it, but after COVID and shaky reviews, they'll want to tighten it up a fair bit.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6115 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 20 June 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 17 June 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

Agreed, although I do understand the criticism that it didn't quite know what it wanted to be. The season finale was ... a bit of a turn too.
I'll watch season 2 if they do it, but after COVID and shaky reviews, they'll want to tighten it up a fair bit.

I agree with you on the season finale. It just kinda seem to come out of nowhere. I think parts of it was that
Spoiler

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#6116 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 27 June 2020 - 01:02 AM, said:

Is Apple TV worth a shit? All I can think of when I see this is the rather strange ad for See. I just got a notification on the new phone that I can activate within 90 days a free year of it. So what's the verdict on the service/quality?

Dunno, I got the free year thing so that I can watch Foundation next year.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#6117 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

Doug Marcaida got away with saying "fuck outta here" on last night's episode of wholesome, family friendly, History channel program - Forged in Fire. We are entering a brave new world people.

One caveat, and a hint on how this was allowed to pass; the weapon being tested was the Falcata. *a-hardee-har-har! Posted Image

#6118 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:33 AM

Anybody else watch Locke and Key?

It's a YA tv show on Netflix about kids who move into a house that has magical keys that have different powers (very much so a nod to Narnia and it is even brought up). I quite enjoyed it! It definitely has its moments of "not even teenagers are this stupid" reasoning about certain actions, but all in all a very visually impressive (I'm assuming) cheap t.v. show for Netflix.

Kept me entertained throughout and waiting for the second season
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6119 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:22 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 06 July 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

Anybody else watch Locke and Key?

It's a YA tv show on Netflix about kids who move into a house that has magical keys that have different powers (very much so a nod to Narnia and it is even brought up). I quite enjoyed it! It definitely has its moments of "not even teenagers are this stupid" reasoning about certain actions, but all in all a very visually impressive (I'm assuming) cheap t.v. show for Netflix.

Kept me entertained throughout and waiting for the second season

Yep. And you described it perfectly. It’s got some flaws, but it was good fun.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6120 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:12 AM

I started it, but after having read the comic it was way too drawn out YA teen-angst for me.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users