• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#7901 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

This is coming in August and imma be all over it.

#7902 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

I should get around to reading that book.

#7903 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

Something very important is airing tomorrow and you all should watch it.

Posted Image

#7904 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

Not that I watch THE FLASH anymore, but Hartley Sawyer who played Ralph (Elongated Man) has been fired for some really bad tweets from around 2012.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#7905 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• Make the Empire Great Again

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

Aren't those who dredge up old tweets and are the loudest about cancel culture usually the same bunch or have a strong crossover with those who want us to give criminals a second (third, fourth ad infinitum) chance?

It's like you can be forgiven for violence (especially if you can sing, eh Chris Brown?), but heaven forbid you wrote some truly facepalm type shit on social media a decade ago before you grew up ...

Sometimes I truly wonder about people's priorities. I guess nothing feels as good as self-righteousness.

Yes I'm aware of the irony, thank you. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesnít work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7906 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 09 June 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Aren't those who dredge up old tweets and are the loudest about cancel culture usually the same bunch or have a strong crossover with those who want us to give criminals a second (third, fourth ad infinitum) chance?

It's like you can be forgiven for violence (especially if you can sing, eh Chris Brown?), but heaven forbid you wrote some truly facepalm type shit on social media a decade ago before you grew up ...

Sometimes I truly wonder about people's priorities. I guess nothing feels as good as self-righteousness.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

#7907 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 09 June 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't get it either.

While these were some pretty bad tweets, and in some cases so dark that I wonder if Hartley has sociopathic tendencies (Like weirdly serial killerish, sexism and racism stuff)...I agree that disallowing him to have learned to be a better human in the last decade stinks of cancel culture, and I don't care for cancel culture at all.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#7908 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

The bigger atrocity and crimes against humanity is that shitty DC programming that airs on the CW channel. Why anyone would watch that garbage is beyond me.

#7909 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:18 PM

huh, Cops got cancelled. I didn't know that was even still a thing. Didn't Cops start in the 1980s sometime? That is quite a run. I guess the current state of the world precipitated its cancellation?

#7910 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

What are the bad boys going to do now?

#7911 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 June 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

huh, Cops got cancelled. I didn't know that was even still a thing. Didn't Cops start in the 1980s sometime? That is quite a run. I guess the current state of the world precipitated its cancellation?

Yes, Cops has been running since 1989 and throughout its history, it's been an awful show full of racism, full of horrors and constant reminders that the police basically have three tools - move people along, use force to arrest them, ignore them.

Live PD is maybe coming back. It shouldn't.

Tellingly, the population that most loves these shows is the same population that isn't protesting police brutality against black people.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#7912 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

View Postamphibian, on 10 June 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yes, Cops has been running since 1989 and throughout its history, it's been an awful show full of racism, full of horrors and constant reminders that the police basically have three tools - move people along, use force to arrest them, ignore them.

Live PD is maybe coming back. It shouldn't.

Tellingly, the population that most loves these shows is the same population that isn't protesting police brutality against black people.

It blew my mind that it was even still on the air/being made. I could have sworn it had been gone since the early noughts.

Yeah, terrible show even back when more people watched it.

#7913 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

Anyone here watching Dark? Damn it is so good.
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#7914 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

View PostGorefest, on 10 June 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

Indeed. It's excellent. We have a thread for it around here somewhere too. Join in once you're caught up!

#7915 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

I am caught up, waiting for season 3, but I hadnt seen the thread. Thanks.
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#7916 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Indeed. It's excellent. We have a thread for it around here somewhere too. Join in once you're caught up!

Sweet. Iím starting it tonight once I wrap up The Last Kingdom.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7917 User is offline   paran falcon 

• First Sword

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 10 June 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Sweet. I'm starting it tonight once I wrap up The Last Kingdom.

Perfect timing. Season 3 drops on the 27th!

#7918 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

More like the current state of the cops.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#7919 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

Anyone checked out Space Force on Netflix? I liked the trailer but. Bounced off the first episode. It's just not fun. You can see what they're going for but nothing really hits home for me.

#7920 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:04 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 June 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Anyone checked out Space Force on Netflix? I liked the trailer but. Bounced off the first episode. It's just not fun. You can see what they're going for but nothing really hits home for me.

Apparently it's the lowest rated/watched Netflix show ever?

My problem is that someone thought making a satire show that is associated with something Trump started (Space Force)...was ALWAYS a mistake. No matter how much they make fun of the idea in the show, or how much they try to make him look imbecile for creating it....you are still giving him space on a prestige TV show with an idea he came up with...so for me that's why I'm not bothering.

Share this topic:

• 401 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users