• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6661 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:09 PM

Olympic opening ceremonies.... h-o-l-y-s-h-i-t! Those drones (1,800) of them over the stadium. That is some Close Encounters of the Third Kind / First Contact communication shit right there. It's gonna happen!

#6662 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 July 2021 - 01:55 AM

Masters of The Universe: Revelation.

I'm 2.5 eps in of only 5 eps and ... hmmm ... not sure. I can see what they tried to do but it's so far only half and half with me.
The enhanced yet true to the original style art is working for sure. The story ... not so much. I guess I'll see how I feel after the rest of the eps.
I can't really go into detail because spoilers and I don't want to use tags this early.

Some ubernerds are sooking about Mark Hamill's Skeletor voice being too Joker-ish. I kinda see what they're saying but it quickly went away for me.
Remember the original voice was an over the top stereotype too, so YMMV. SMG as Teela was more distracting initially for me. Far and away the best voice is Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn, you can feel the disdain dripping from her lips. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 July 2021 - 01:56 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6663 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:07 AM

Only 5 eps?! That's a little skimpy.
Re: Bosch. I too am currently Bosching. Started S4 tonight. All I can say is if you're looking for some Bosch, this show is a high-yielding source of it.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6664 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 July 2021 - 09:11 AM

The best show of 2020 has commenced season 2 - Ted Lasso!

My quandary is ... do I watch it week by week, or do I wait for the season to end and binge it? They say delayed gratification is better but I want it NOWWWWWW! :cry:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6665 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 July 2021 - 12:41 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 24 July 2021 - 09:11 AM, said:

The best show of 2020 has commenced season 2 - Ted Lasso!

My quandary is ... do I watch it week by week, or do I wait for the season to end and binge it? They say delayed gratification is better but I want it NOWWWWWW! :cry:

I really want to see this but I also really don't want to get Apple TV!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6666 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:26 PM

I’m waiting to get Apple TV in September due to FOUNDATION. Starting then.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6667 User is online   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

Please recommend me something, anything, to put on to distract my wife from watching Love Island.

We've ripped through Better Call Saul, rewatch of Breaking Bad, then The Nevers which she really liked.. but we've stalled, and while we've stalled she's started Love Island, which I can't even try to tolerate.

We've started Dexter, but after 5 or 6 episodes it's getting a bit boring because it has to narrate every single plot point and thought, leaving nothing to guess at or hook into. Worst dumbing down I've seen for ages. The Fall would have been absolute garbage if Spectors every thought was done as a voice over.

I need something, not too sci-fi (so no Expanse) nor too heavy, that we can both watch, preferably with a couple of seasons at least to work with!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#6668 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:31 PM

View PostTraveller, on 24 July 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

Please recommend me something, anything, to put on to distract my wife from watching Love Island.

We've ripped through Better Call Saul, rewatch of Breaking Bad, then The Nevers which she really liked.. but we've stalled, and while we've stalled she's started Love Island, which I can't even try to tolerate.

We've started Dexter, but after 5 or 6 episodes it's getting a bit boring because it has to narrate every single plot point and thought, leaving nothing to guess at or hook into. Worst dumbing down I've seen for ages. The Fall would have been absolute garbage if Spectors every thought was done as a voice over.

I need something, not too sci-fi (so no Expanse) nor too heavy, that we can both watch, preferably with a couple of seasons at least to work with!

What all services do you have access to? I'd suggest a bunch from HBO, but if you dont have it, it doesnt matter.

The wife and i are powering through Homeland right now and we really like it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6669 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:04 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 24 July 2021 - 06:31 PM, said:

What all services do you have access to? I'd suggest a bunch from HBO, but if you dont have it, it doesnt matter.

The wife and i are powering through Homeland right now and we really like it.

For something dealing with heavy-ish material in a light way, go with The Good Place if you haven't already. 4 seasons of 12 or so easily digested 22+ min eps. Utterly brilliant.
Have you tried Mindhunter? The semi-fictionalised version of how profiling of serial killers was started in the FBI back in the 70s. Really good. I read the books years ago and the series presents it in a faithful way.

Both on Netflix.

#6670 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:38 AM

SONS OF ANARCHY
Not sf, biker gang high action, high drama, great characters, even when it dips it's pretty good and it rarely dips. Seven seasons.

VIKINGS
It's about Vikings.

BLACK SAILS.
Pirates. Good fun.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6671 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 July 2021 - 11:05 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 24 July 2021 - 01:55 AM, said:

Masters of The Universe: Revelation.

I'm 2.5 eps in of only 5 eps and ... hmmm ... not sure. I can see what they tried to do but it's so far only half and half with me.
The enhanced yet true to the original style art is working for sure. The story ... not so much. I guess I'll see how I feel after the rest of the eps.
I can't really go into detail because spoilers and I don't want to use tags this early.

Some ubernerds are sooking about Mark Hamill's Skeletor voice being too Joker-ish. I kinda see what they're saying but it quickly went away for me.
Remember the original voice was an over the top stereotype too, so YMMV. SMG as Teela was more distracting initially for me. Far and away the best voice is Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn, you can feel the disdain dripping from her lips. :thumbsup:

Watched the rest of Part 1 (end of ep 5).

Well. Quite a twist, although I kinda suspected something like it was coming. Not bad though.
Lena Headey is definitely the MVP for me. Now to watch the Aftershow with Kevin Smith et al.

Keen to see the rest of the eps when they drop.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 July 2021 - 11:06 AM

#6672 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:00 PM

Started up the Loki TV show.

First episode was very good. I'm all in

Gotta say, I still hate the way Loki and all the Asgardians are used. There's nothing godlike about him. No reality altering powers, no supernatural deistic aspect to him, he's not particularly intelligent let alone manipulative, he's not even strong enough to take out a random guard in hand to hand fight.

What's the point of writing a god like this?

#6673 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:13 PM

View PostAptorian, on 25 July 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

Gotta say, I still hate the way Loki and all the Asgardians are used. There's nothing godlike about him. No reality altering powers, no supernatural deistic aspect to him, he's not particularly intelligent let alone manipulative, he's not even strong enough to take out a random guard in hand to hand fight.

Budget.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6674 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:21 PM

What if I told you that what you've seen so far in then MCU is only a baby-Loki?...keep watching. ;)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6675 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:29 PM

Bay-bee Loki do do do do-do-do ...

#6676 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 26 July 2021 - 01:13 PM, said:

Budget.

If they can afford to put Ironman in every other scene, they can afford Loki punching a hole through somebody or turning somebody into a newt.

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 July 2021 - 01:21 PM, said:

What if I told you that what you've seen so far in then MCU is only a baby-Loki?...keep watching. ;)

What if I told you there's been like 5 movies with Loki ... and now is the time they want to make good?

Like they demonstrate in the first two episodes of the show, Loki is an arrogant loser.

That said I'm reading some Asgaard related comics surrounding the Marvel King in Black event and it's not like they do much with the gods in the Comics either.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

#6677 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 July 2021 - 06:09 PM

!!!!!!! NERD ALERT !!!!!!!

LeVar Burton begins hosting Jeopardy! for the next two weeks beginning tonight. Really pumped to watch him do the show.

Posted Image

#6678 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

^^ Well damn, night one didn't go that great. He seemed to be nervous, consequently there were some mistakes on his part. The out of time foul seemed to have caused him difficulties. Hope he does better tonight.

#6679 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:04 PM

I read an excerpt with an interview with him -- he asked his wife how he did after the first game, and she said "Ehhhhh" so he had to push himself to let go of his anxiety / focus on perfectionism on the procedure stuff, and just be himself in the role. At least from his own POV, he did better after that so hopefully that's the case.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6680 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:06 AM

View PostBriar King, on 28 July 2021 - 03:20 AM, said:

Posting here to…

Bob Odenkirk who plays Saul Goodmen on Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul has collapsed on set while filming S6 and rushed to hospital.

“Heart related illness”. Apparently he’ll be fine.

Coincidentally, finally getting back to Better Call Saul. Watched the first 2 season years ago. Decided to rewatch them before jumping into 3.

Damn. I forgot how good this show is. The cast is so f’ing good.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users