• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#4061 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

One of the better commercials run during the Super Bowl.

I also liked the string of commercials for Tide featuring the dude from Stranger Things. Overall I thought it was a pretty weak line up of commercials for the Super Bowl. Which ones did you guys like?

#4062 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

I would just like to say that Doritos Blaze are surprisingly delicious.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4063 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 February 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Dinklage shines in that. Rhymes has always been fantastic to hear. Non GoT watchers won’t get the fire and ice stuff. This was a brilliant ad.

I geeked when I saw Dinklage and marveled at his Busta lip-syncing. The Mountain Dew Ice follow up was so cool. It really elevated the ad.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#4064 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Finally got enough time to finish off Season 2 of THE CROWN. Just consistently a spectacular show, and a great finish for the season.

I will miss Claire Foy, Matt Smith, and Vanessa Kirby in the lead roles as they time jump for Season 3 & 4....but looking forward to seeing what Olivia Colman, Paul Bettany, and Helena Bonham Carter bring to those roles respectively in Season 3.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4065 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostBriar King, on 06 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Idk they were doing that.

Yep, Seasons 3 & 4 will the new actors I mentioned as they time jump (likely to the late 70's early 80's...I heard they will be introducing Diana, so that would be around that time)...and then Season 5 & 6 (which will be the last two seasons, should Netflix greenlight them) will apparently cover the 90's through the 2000's...and will again feature new age-appropriate actors in the roles for another time jump.

It's a really cool concept to be honest.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4066 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

New Netflix TV series that is ESSENTIALLY my life as a teenager in the 90's. Like down to the posters on the walls and songs and attitudes...

#4067 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

Why they listening to MMB and not Reel Big Fish if it's called Everything Sucks? That's it, I am never watching this show.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4068 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Finished watching Britannia. Bizarre, surreal, violent, surprisingly funny, great car, great writing, visually stunning, made me really want a second season. I started out thinking it'd be like The Last Kingdom but with Romans. How wrong I was... But that's OK!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4069 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 06 February 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Finished watching Britannia. Bizarre, surreal, violent, surprisingly funny, great car, great writing, visually stunning, made me really want a second season. I started out thinking it'd be like The Last Kingdom but with Romans. How wrong I was... But that's OK!

I didn't realise they had cars in ancient Britannia. I wonder how they make that work!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4070 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

STRANGER THINGS S2. 4 eps in. I love this show.

Finished.

Awesome.

They took more or less everything that worked in S1, amped up just enough, threw in some new elements, and overall just did a great nine eps of solid genre tv. Loved it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4071 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Finished.

Awesome.

They took more or less everything that worked in S1, amped up just enough, threw in some new elements, and overall just did a great nine eps of solid genre tv. Loved it.

Did you notice the Gremlins score play when the critter first got out int the school? Such a subtle nod.

#4072 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 07 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Finished.

Awesome.

Did you notice the Gremlins score play when the critter first got out int the school? Such a subtle nod.

Heh, I did NOT!

Some of the nods were very very subtle. I need to google a list soonest.

#4073 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:35 AM

View PostBriar King, on 06 February 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

BOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAA KAAA SHAAAAAA!!!!

Ed: Rose ceremony went about like I expected it to. Chelsea and Jenna(uhm I don’t even remember this girl from past eps honestly) gone. Krystal GONE on two on one. Called it! Really thought I was gonna be wrong for a bit there. Phew!!!

Still feel the top 3 will be Behka, Kendall and Tia with (after tonight Jacqueline) being the 4th hometown. I don’t see Seine or Becca(again after tonight) getting to that point. I’d be very happy if Seine makes it though. No way Lauren gets past next week.

I REALLY want to know what Arie said to Kendall when he pulled her away right before the rose was handed out on two on one...

Lauren is going to get to the final two and we are going to have no clue why. She's a blank.

Jenna would be great for follow up shows. She's fun and seems to have a great goofy wavelength that gets along well with others.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4074 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:00 AM

View Postamphibian, on 08 February 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 06 February 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

BOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAA KAAA SHAAAAAA!!!!

Ed: Rose ceremony went about like I expected it to. Chelsea and Jenna(uhm I don't even remember this girl from past eps honestly) gone. Krystal GONE on two on one. Called it! Really thought I was gonna be wrong for a bit there. Phew!!!

Still feel the top 3 will be Behka, Kendall and Tia with (after tonight Jacqueline) being the 4th hometown. I don't see Seine or Becca(again after tonight) getting to that point. I'd be very happy if Seine makes it though. No way Lauren gets past next week.

I REALLY want to know what Arie said to Kendall when he pulled her away right before the rose was handed out on two on one...

Lauren is going to get to the final two and we are going to have no clue why. She's a blank.

Jenna would be great for follow up shows. She's fun and seems to have a great goofy wavelength that gets along well with others.

Et tu, Amphi?

#4075 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 07 February 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 06 February 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

I didn't realise they had cars in ancient Britannia. I wonder how they make that work!

Yeah you'd think the bit where the Celtic druid rocks up in a Jag to help them escape the Romans would throw you out if the narrative but it really doesn't!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4076 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 February 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

QT did you check out Burried/Knightstemplar that comes on before Knightfall? It’s been interesting. Seeing old ruins and tunnels in the quest to see if they actually survived as an order that went into hiding.

I didn't. I haven't even watched KNIGHTFALL yet. Too much TV and too little time.

And my wife is dominating nightly TV viewing now that Celebrity Big Brother started.

#4077 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

QT did you check out Burried/Knightstemplar that comes on before Knightfall? It's been interesting. Seeing old ruins and tunnels in the quest to see if they actually survived as an order that went into hiding.

I've got this to watch. Looking forward to it.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#4078 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

QT did you check out Burried/Knightstemplar that comes on before Knightfall? It’s been interesting. Seeing old ruins and tunnels in the quest to see if they actually survived as an order that went into hiding.

I didn't. I haven't even watched KNIGHTFALL yet. Too much TV and too little time.

And my wife is dominating nightly TV viewing now that Celebrity Big Brother started.

This is grounds for a divorce

#4079 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

View PostCause, on 08 February 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

This is grounds for a divorce

In her defense, when we started dating a decade ago she got me into it too, and now I watch avidly every year as well (and hate myself for it)....it's just the three week celebrity edition I was not all that into so I'm finding that a bit tedious.

#4080 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 February 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Need to get on the Bachelor train

Nah, we used to watch years ago and got off when we realized it was always the same format each season for the "drama".

Big Brother is as far as I can stretch my Reality TV game show watching.

Share this topic:

• 390 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users