• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So..Whats coming after 10th book ?

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:40 AM

Well, I'll be damned... another dane. We're growing in numbers, soon, soon the viking raids will begin.

I can tell you while I have something that is in essence a revamp of elves in the story, they're so far from being Elves, Tolkiens Elves would probably had wanted to destroy them... and been wiped out.

There's still plot holes and enourmous problems with the world building though.

#42 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:58 AM

I'm going through the same thing with what I'm writing Apt.

Of course, mine deals with sex starved dwarves and their endless machinations.....:)

I can't wait for Bakker's next installment personally.

#43 User is offline   OtataralDragon 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

Aptorian;328358 said:

Well, I'll be damned... another dane. We're growing in numbers, soon, soon the viking raids will begin.

Får jag också plats på skeppet? :)

#44 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Of course if a Danish says it I am surely wrong but since now I had always thought that Vikings were Swedish and Norse not Danish.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nonsense. There's a reason for Iceland, Greenland and the faeroislands belonging to Denmark for a thousand years. Sweden and Norway should have been ours aswell but they wouldn't play along...

I still say we should merge our three countries and just call ourselves Scandinavians. Then Denmark gets a piece of Norways oilmoney and their delicious goatcheese along with Swedens metaldeposists and superior weaponsmanufacturing, they'll get our cheap beer and bacon. It's a win-win situation.

EDIT: Then we'd invade Canada, because no-one likes Canada and it is essentially just Scandinavia... only bigger and more annoying.

#46 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

Aptorian;328604 said:

Nonsense. There's a reason for Iceland, Greenland and the faeroislands belonging to Denmark for a thousand years. Sweden and Norway should have been ours aswell but they wouldn't play along...

I still say we should merge our three countries and just call ourselves Scandinavians. Then Denmark gets a piece of Norways oilmoney and their delicious goatcheese along with Swedens metaldeposists and superior weaponsmanufacturing, they'll get our cheap beer and bacon. It's a win-win situation.

EDIT: Then we'd invade Canada, because no-one likes Canada and it is essentially just Scandinavia... only bigger and more annoying.

Well, as long as you stay out of Germany .... :)

#47 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

Bauchelain the Evil;328592 said:

Of course if a Danish says it I am surely wrong but since now I had always thought that Vikings were Swedish and Norse not Danish.

Oh yes, there were Danish Vikings as well. Ask the English. :)

Or read Bernard Cornwell's Saxon books, it may prove a more fun way to find out. :p

#48 User is offline   OtataralDragon 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Aptorian;328604 said:

Well, Norway did have to play along for a few centuries, remember? (That is, until we stole them, then set them free...)

Mmmm, mesost! Oil money would be nice, too - but what does Denmark have to offer, really? :) Oh, maybe we could get a couple football (soccer) players to help us out against Spain Saturday?

More seriously: Swedish Vikings mostly went east across the Baltic, through Russia, then down to Constantinople. Norwegian Vikings went south to France and the Mediterranean, the Danish west to England and Ireland. Mainly. Never as clear cut as that, of course. It's not like they sat down around a table and drew straight lines to divide the world between themselves...

#49 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

If you meet this talking faux-doughnut again, please grab hold of it and sell it to Ripley's.

:)

Ok that came off as mean, even for a grammar snob. BUT...

Dane = guy living in Denmark
Danish = sweet pastry in the doughnut family, a speciality of Denmark

Skywalker - also advises against calling a citizen of Denmark a Great Dane. :cool:
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#50 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

To get this thread back on track...

It would be cool if Erikson started a new series centering upon an eminent invasion by the KCCM. An armada of Skykeeps descending upon the world. The gods being pushed back by the Matrons powers of old. KCCM swarming over the continents easily destroying the weaker empires untill they only stand opposed by the Malazan and/or Lether Empire.

#51 User is offline   magicrealist 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Aptorian;328746 said:

To get this thread back on track...

It would be cool if Erikson started a new series centering upon an eminent invasion by the KCCM. An armada of Skykeeps descending upon the world. The gods being pushed back by the Matrons powers of old. KCCM swarming over the continents easily destroying the weaker empires untill they only stand opposed by the Malazan and/or Lether Empire.

Hopefully that happens during this series... lol.

Anyways i'd like to see a new malazan series centering around the head of the assasins guild in daruhisjtan way before this series started ( so not vorcan.)

Or i'd be down for a series about the furst human empire and dessimblackis.

#52 User is offline   rickee 

• Recruit

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Did anyone else read the bit at the start of a chapter in HoC that was the 'story of the three'? and grub being first sword?

#53 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

rickee;329848 said:

Did anyone else read the bit at the start of a chapter in HoC that was the 'story of the three'? and grub being first sword?

Yes, that's in the Late Empire Period. There's been a lot of speculation about this and all we can figure is that Grub becomes First Sword in around 15-20 years after the events in this series....we don't know the other two as far as I know.

Could be something SE touches upon later...

#54 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • I like cake.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

Steve: I don't think it's a secret any more that I've signed with Bantam UK for six more fantasy novels. Two trilogies, in fact. But not one a year – that pace (with novellas thrown in) is wearing me out. I won't get into any details on the books, or whatever stand-alone works I may squeeze in here and there. Not yet. Too early.

Taken from;
http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2008...en-erikson.html
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#55 User is offline   rickee 

• Recruit

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Xander;329852 said:

Yes, that's in the Late Empire Period. There's been a lot of speculation about this and all we can figure is that Grub becomes First Sword in around 15-20 years after the events in this series....we don't know the other two as far as I know.

Could be something SE touches upon later...

I assumed the other 2 were nil and nether but that might have been me picking it up wrong

#56 User is offline   Oseric 

• Corporal

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

The Lether Empire will probably be the first Empire wiped off the world, i mean come, Bluerose is gonna run out of cavalry eventually...

then what are they gonna do? send in Lether cavalry with their wonderful stirups?? i think not lol

but malazan vs. KCCM would be pretty amazing.

i would have enjoyed Red Mask facing Fiddler... or maybe even Kalam... i think Fiddler would give me a better laugh though

Cusser onto the KCCM :)

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

The Lether Empire has one of the most brilliant minds for an emperor and an elder god for its Ceda.

I don't think the Lether Empire is falling before the day Tehol dies... if he dies.

#58 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

Though Bugg will just walk away after Tehol dies/retires/blows all his money :)

I'm trying to wrap my mind around Tehol staying Emperor...it's got "shit your pants hilarious" all over it.

#59 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

Mael/Bugg's the Ceda? Goddamnit, that is the fiftieth obvious thing I've missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"calms down"

I am very interested in what Tehol will do with the Bolkando Conspiracy. He needs troops, and he's just about out of them. Unless the 14th and the Perish and the Khundryl are in fact the Bolkandans.

I'd love to know how the Perish and Khundryl stirred the eastern kingdoms to war, if that's what they did.

Perish: Hey, can you guys rebel?
Bolkandan: Oblahahasjhajhjjskfskdf.
Perish: Right....... We'll give you cookies.
Bolkandan: Ireyfnyfmufdgudgiduf.

Probably just threatened them with war.

#60 User is offline   Oseric 

• Corporal

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

but how much can a god intervine (spell check i need you) like that?

although he is Elder right? so maybe its different for them

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users