• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So..Whats coming after 10th book ?

#1 User is offline   Severian 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

Anyone know what will follow after crippled god published? i mean will there be another malazan series from SE ? or what (i know theres 3 books to go for now i just cant help but wondering...)

#2 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

Well... there are all those side stories by ICE and there are the B&KB novellas but I don't think that after TCG SE will write other books on malazan:(
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Not true. Erikson has suggested he might write more novels. Stories about Rakes past have been suggested.

It's a big universe.

#4 User is offline   Danyah 

• Fist

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Severian;324112 said:

Anyone know what will follow after crippled god published? i mean will there be another malazan series from SE ? or what (i know theres 3 books to go for now i just cant help but wondering...)

No? We are a fuckin' goldmine. Maybe he'll take a break... but then...

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

Even after the THE CRIP GOD is finished, we'll still have 2-3 ICE books in the same universe.

After that, who knows? I can't fault SE if he wants to try something different. Based on THE DEVIL DELIVERED, i'd try pretty much anything he writes.

- Abyss, does however draw the line at cookbooks...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

COOKING WITH BUGG
- recipies to die for.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Corporal

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

he can write about earlier adventures of the bridgeburners also (young whiskeyjack and dujek..)

#8 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • I like cake.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Aptorian;324133 said:

COOKING WITH BUGG
- recipies to die for.

COOKING WITH BUGG
- recipies to die from

Fixed that for you.
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#9 User is offline   Altamont 

• Recruit

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Isn't there a "Encyclopedia Malazica" in the works or did I imagine that?

AR

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Steve has said he and Cam will not do anything about an encyclopedia until the series is finished.

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

He'll probably douse his hands in cold water first.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

i woulda swapped mine with the robot devils before i even started
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#13 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

I would read any book about Rake and the like but I really like it best when the storyline/world/universe timeline moves forward.

It seems there is a trend to go back to the beginning of a lot of series. In movies. Star Trek. Batman. Superman. In books Jordan was going to write prequels to his series. Feist returned to the Riftwar for a few books before moving onward. Eddings told the tale of Polgara and Belgarath.

I just find the future-present, with some exceptions, to be more interesting than the past.

So I say bring on Rake as a main character. Have him remember and flashbacks all that happened so many years ago, but keep the timeline moving with his personal story.

Bring on Fiddler as he discovers his magical talents, or Bottle as high mage, or Coltaine returned. Those are the stories that would get me to order books from Amazon UK just because I want to read a book a month early.

Sincerely
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#14 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

I wonder what will happen to these forums if he abandons the universe after finishing the series. Where will we all go?
Error: Signature not valid

#15 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

MAD! MAD I TELL YOU! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Though really that should be 'what do we all go' but I can't be bothered with grammatical rules right now.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#16 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

L said:

I would read any book about Rake and the like but I really like it best when the storyline/world/universe timeline moves forward.

It seems there is a trend to go back to the beginning of a lot of series. In movies. Star Trek. Batman. Superman. In books Jordan was going to write prequels to his series. Feist returned to the Riftwar for a few books before moving onward. Eddings told the tale of Polgara and Belgarath.

I just find the future-present, with some exceptions, to be more interesting than the past.

So I say bring on Rake as a main character. Have him remember and flashbacks all that happened so many years ago, but keep the timeline moving with his personal story.

Bring on Fiddler as he discovers his magical talents, or Bottle as high mage, or Coltaine returned. Those are the stories that would get me to order books from Amazon UK just because I want to read a book a month early.

Sincerely

I agree with you completely. On all accounts. ;)
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

Raymond Luxury Yacht;324441 said:

I wonder what will happen to these forums if he abandons the universe after finishing the series. Where will we all go?

By then my series will hopefully have begun and you can begin worshipping me instead ;)

Of course it will be in danish and probably not be translated unless I pay for it myself or the series sells remarkabaly well for a fantasy book on the danish market.

#18 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

I was your first fan, never forget that.

#19 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hmm, well I see your point I guess...but I disagree with it. Well not wholly I would very much like to see all those thing you named (a lot), but I don't find them more interesting thatn the past.

WHAT IF THERE WILL BE NO FUTURE AFTER TCG!!! :eek:

I personally think that there is way to much potential to not go to the past. I also don't think it would at all be less intersting. I want to see the struggles of the people of Quon Tali as the Malaz Empire took them over. I want to see what Osserc has been doing and the people who blindly follow him. I want to learn more of Shal-Morzinn (spelling?) empire and it's inhabitants...the list could go on and on. (I also really, really, really want stories of the BB's in the beginning...and the middle)

NO!!! NEVER!!!!! AARRRHHGGGHHHRRRAAAA!!!!! I would burn the book if Bottle was granted any special storyline and especially if he was a flippin high mage. (sorry I know many don't share my hatred with Bottle but I absolutely hate that character with a passion)

#20 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

Nequam;324475 said:

NO!!! NEVER!!!!! AARRRHHGGGHHHRRRAAAA!!!!! I would burn the book if Bottle was granted any special storyline and especially if he was a flippin high mage. (sorry I know many don't share my hatred with Bottle but I absolutely hate that character with a passion)

Awww but one of my favorite/funny scenese is when Bottle lies to Captain Faradan Sort about who he is and makes someone else pay for it. At least I think that was Bottle and since I think that it could be why I like him so. Plus he is always so...annoyingly correct.

Also
Apt: Do you really want to be worshipped knowing that some of the people you like least will probably end up being your High Priest or Priestess?
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users