Malazan Empire: So..Whats coming after 10th book ? - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So..Whats coming after 10th book ?

#21 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Aptorian;324447 said:

By then my series will hopefully have begun and you can begin worshipping me instead :D

Of course it will be in danish and probably not be translated unless I pay for it myself or the series sells remarkabaly well for a fantasy book on the danish market.

Hehe, I can even read Danish. I knew there was a reason I learned all that exotic stuff - aside from being able to write a PhD about Icelandic sagas. ;)

#22 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, that was Bottle - but I have to echo Nequam here:
NO!!! NEVER!!!!! AARRRHHGGGHHHRRRAAAA!!!!! I would burn the book if Bottle was granted any special storyline and especially if he was a flippin high mage!

But after the main sequence there should be some other novels, as has been stated, with such things as Anomander Rake, possibly the campaigns of Dancer and Kellanved, and the Encyclopaedia Malazica will eventually get created....although given the sheer size of the lore it might end up having numerous revisions......
Then there are the other possibilities: movies, games, other author's.
But I don't think SE would just abandon the world he and ICE have created - ever.

Anyway, after repeating everything that's already been said, I think that, once again, we really don't know, beyond a few major possibilities.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#23 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

I'd expect he would take a break for a while, pursue something in his writing that is completely different, and then come back to the world he and ICE have created with either prequels or stories further into whatever future is left after this first series is done.

Stories about Rake's past, Kallor's rise and fall, etc would be awesome.

#24 User is offline   Rat Mentor 

• Captain

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

I seem to recall that Pat had an interview with another author, Bakker? And in that interview it mentions that Bakker had a "chat" with Erikson regarding what would happen next and that he "Bakker" was exicted about what was to come after the 10 Malazan books....

I'll try to find it on Pat's Fantasy Hotlist....

#25 User is offline   Rat Mentor 

• Captain

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Found it, April 2008 Interview with Bakker...

If you could go back in time and make a few changes to The Prince of Nothing, what would those changes be? With that in mind, are you attempting to steer clear of some "mistakes" you may have made in the first series when you sit down to write The Judging Eye and its sequels?

Steve Erikson and I had a conversation about this very thing at the ICFA a couple of weeks ago. Both of us are building very tall series on narrow foundations simply because of the sheer complexity of our first books. My bold prediction is that Steve’s next series will be every bit as successful as A Song of Ice and Fire.

On reading this I wonder if its a mistake and that Bakker ment G R R Martin?

Interesting... Need details...

Pat can you help out!

#26 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hetan;324233 said:

Steve has said he and Cam will not do anything about an encyclopedia until the series is finished.

Good. That way all will be explained. No doubt more embarrasment-causing revelations are in store for me.

Apt's theoretical book has sparked off my imagination. Here's some more.

Chain of Dogs-Your Guide to the Five Month Journey from Hissar to Aren.
How to Stage a Realistic-Looking Death-Foreword by Urko and Kellanved.
Iskaral Pust's Guide to Managing your Own Winged Monkey Colony (incl. third person interpretation section).
Sapping for Sucks by Fiddler and Hedge.
Punching Faces In, a biography by Gesler.
Quick Ben's Twelve-Soul Guide on How to Become a Kickass Mage
Masterminding Economic Downfall While Wearing a Blanket by Tehol Beddict.
Witness; Lowlanders Must Die, an album by Karsa Orlong.
Coping with Reincarnation by Rhulad Sengar
Aggression..... in a Black Mask by the Seguleh First.

#27 User is offline   SSOCB 

• Recruit

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

Well would have to say that i would probbly be quite willing to part with money for some of those titles. Sapping for sucks could be a fun read, espesially if it has a step-by-step guide section. Or maybe not. All the material would probbly be restricted anyways.

I would read almost anything that SE writes, even a cookbook. I dont like or dislike Bottle much, but a book that features his granny to some extent may be rather interesting as he remembers her with something akin to holy terror.

#28 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

here's one: Diabolical Deals for Dummies by Dessimbelackis

or: Re-adjusting to Mortality by Onrack
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#29 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

Things that go 'Bump' in the Dark----By Whatever the hell was around then :o

#30 User is offline   Atton 

• Recruit

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

I'd really love to see the Surly/Kellanved/Dancer group when they all meet each other and plan the take over of Mock's Hold, so many one day powerful people in a small *commoners* group would be great.

#31 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Seven Cities Campaign FTW.

#32 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

I would really like to see a book about the reborn Coltaine struggling against a corrupt and overthrown Malazan Empire ruled by Kallor :o

(It'll happen in the last book. You heard it here first folks:p)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#33 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:33 AM

caladanbrood+;325661 said:

I would really like to see a book about the reborn Coltaine struggling against a corrupt and overthrown Malazan Empire ruled by Kallor :o

I'm recording your prediction in a journal. It happens, I'll donate all my rep to you.

#34 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:15 AM

Apparently Erikson and Bakker talked about what they'll do next when their big series are finished (more of a concern for Erikson, who in little over a year's time may pen the final words of the MBF; Bakker's got another 5-6 books to go) at a recent con and Bakker confidently predicted that Erikson's 'next series' will be huge but may not be as built on the same foundations as the MBF (which apparently means that next time Erikson's isn't going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the reader in the first thirty pages, but may start off slightly more conventionally). How much of that came from what Erikson actually said and how much from Bakker's own intepretation is unclear. And of course, SE may have just been thinking out loud about possible ideas rather than a firm course of action for when he finishes the series.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#35 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

Ammanas;325663 said:

I'm recording your prediction in a journal. It happens, I'll donate all my rep to you.

And I'll give you Apt's virginity (of dubious quality, I'm afraid).

#36 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

I think you a need a timemachine to get back to the midnineties to find my virginity...

#37 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

caladanbrood+;325661 said:

Coltaine is a Wickan.
One of the big selling points of his character is that he's the one that sacved the Wickans from assimilation, as it happened to the Seti. Thus, I can't see him getting excessively invplved in Malazan politics--that is not the Wickan way.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#38 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

Mentalist;326037 said:

Coltaine is a Wickan.
One of the big selling points of his character is that he's the one that sacved the Wickans from assimilation, as it happened to the Seti. Thus, I can't see him getting excessively invplved in Malazan politics--that is not the Wickan way.

I meant militarily, not politically - as resistance to the Wickan-hate.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#39 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

Aptorian;324447 said:

By then my series will hopefully have begun and you can begin worshipping me instead :o

Of course it will be in danish and probably not be translated unless I pay for it myself or the series sells remarkabaly well for a fantasy book on the danish market.

Spotted in a local bakery:

"Buy a dozen day-old cinnamon or chocolate danish and get a copy of some guy's book about elves and stuff, FREE!"
- Abyss, more of a muffin fan...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#40 User is offline   Lundos 

• Recruit

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

Aptorian;324447 said:

By then my series will hopefully have begun and you can begin worshipping me instead :p

I'll read it. Just tell me your author name and the title.

EDIT: Jeg skal nok købe den og læse den. :)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users