• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vs

#1 User is offline   Cain 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

Following the Same vein as my Top 10 most powerful thread.

Fights I REALLY want to see:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 Daseem Ultor vs Seguleh 1st

Round 2 Anomander Rake vs Cotillion

Round 3 Karsa Orlong vs Silchas Ruin

Round 4 Clip vs Gruntle

Round 5 Quick-Ben vs Tayschrenn

Round 6 Apsalar vs Kalam

Round 7 Osseric vs Shadowthrone+Hounds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Put all your who would wins here. Tell me who you think would win those matches I put up!!!

(If this belongs somewhere else or is already another thread sorry, I couldnt find it.)

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

Gods I hate these threads. WOLVERINE AND MAGNETO!!! :p

The only one I'd like to comment on is the Kalam vs Apsalar fight. Unless Erikson pulled some magic trick. Apsalar would absolutly annihalate Kalam. Kalam is probably as physically strong and fast as a guy of his bulk is capable of being. Apsalar is a carbon copy of the Patron God of Assassins. She kicked a Shadow Hound through a stonewall. She'd only need to get a punch or a kick in and Kalam would turn into ketchup. Besides that you have her shadow dancing, dancing in and out of shadows that make her appear and disappear, probably deflects attacks and speeds up her fighting.

You would need an Ottataral knife to level it out some, and then you still have an ascended dancer copy kicking ass. And it would be besides the point because it would defeat the point of the excercise.

EDIT: Also we've never seen the First, Osserc (RCG is not proven yet) or ST fight, so we have no idea of what they are capable of.

#3 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

Aptorian;313581 said:

You would need an Ottataral knife to level it out some.

Apt, Kalam has a pair of the fuckers. Lying right next to his shallow breathing body in the deadhouse.

I also hate these threads, I'd like to see a thread comparing which forum members you'd like to see fight.
I AM A TWAT

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Kalam still has those knives? I thought Shadowthrone gave them to Apsalar... or something?

#5 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

No pearl took them as trophies and they stopped him entering his warren but the Apsalar took them back i think.

Also some of these are quite obviosly unbalanced such as Rake vs Dancer. Completre whitewash.

I would of course beat them all with my ninja skills

#6 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

tiam;313883 said:

Also some of these are quite obviosly unbalanced such as Rake vs Dancer. Completre whitewash.

Too right, I don't think logically Dancer would have much chance. But you never know, if anyone can pull something out of the bag like this, it would be Dancer, Dassem Ultor or Karsa etc. (Two of three whom have never lost to our knowledge)

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

What makes you think Cotillion (not dancer) vs Rake would be silly?

Rake shows a clear reluctance to take a fight with Cots in GotM. Cot is the Patron God of Assassins, in hand to hand/melee fight I have no doubt he could stand up against a sword wielder of Rakes talents. I'm sure him and Dassem spared in the olden days.

About the knives. I remember ST had to take a walk because he was carying the weapons, I think it was to Obos house.

Where are the knives now. I'm sure they're not in the Deadhouse seeing as there's no way Rake would walk onto those grounds comepletely helpless.

#8 User is offline   Avon 

• Recruit

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Pearl took them from Kalam, then Apsalar took them from Pearl and gave them to Shadowthrone who left them back with Kalam when he had him put in the deadhouse.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

But didn't ST deliver Kalam in the Deadhouse before he met Apsalar? I really need to reread BH, it's all fuzzy.

#10 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Aptorian;313889 said:

What makes you think Cotillion (not dancer) vs Rake would be silly?

Rake shows a clear reluctance to take a fight with Cots in GotM. Cot is the Patron God of Assassins, in hand to hand/melee fight I have no doubt he could stand up against a sword wielder of Rakes talents. I'm sure him and Dassem spared in the olden days.

I thought Wj sparred with Dassem in the olden days like it ses in MOI. If your simply commenting on they must have sparred then yeh your probably right. However in GOTM Rake only hesitated because he was facing both ST and the Rope. The actual quote is ' you may prove my match here ST especially if your Rope is about, but there are those whod avenge me' showing that only a combined effort of sorcery and melee skills would beat him.

Also WJ sparred with Dassem in the olden days as before mentioned and its even mentioned 'it took Dassem a while to get passed his guard'. Doesnt mean WJ would have stood a chance. I no thats a bit different but an Assasin would never go toe to toe with Dassem, a man/God even Iccy thought might beat him in full form

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

I'm not talking about WJ, I'm talking about Dancer. Dancer, Kellanved and Dassem are described as being the original team. I can't imagine that Dancer and Dassem didn't test each other once in a while, just for the heck of it.

Your quote does in no way show that a combined effort of sorcery and melee is needed to take down Rake. It just says that Rake would lose a fight to the both of them. A fight between Rake and Cots on the other hand would be interesting.

Why do you think that a knife weilder, which I'm guessing you mean when you say assassin, can't defeat Dassem? Dassem was the best fighter over all that empire had to lead the army. That doesn't mean that Dancer/Cots couldn't or can't press or even kill Dassem.

#12 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

Shadowthrone has to walk to the deadhouse because of Kalams knives, he says something like 'How quaint, perforce I must walk' or some bollocks beacuse he can't use his Warren whilst he has the otatarl blades.
I AM A TWAT

#13 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

I want to see Ormulogum vs Gumble: The Showdown.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#14 User is offline   Cain 

• Sergeant

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

I just have this sneaking suspicion that crazy rope whip will snake around Rakes guard and give him a few lashings when all is said and done if not outright kill him. No we haven't seen ST's full power but then again we haven't seen Osseric's full power but we have heard mention of both of their potentials. Does'nt mean its not a fight I would WANT to see, sorry so many of you do not like these threads but this type of stuff is what gets me so excited about this series.
Aside from his great storyline, complexity and intruiging plotlines, how badass alot of his characters are really get my blood pumping. -shrug-

#15 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

Oh come on, Rake isn't crap enough to let people "sneak around his guard" in the middle of a fight. He'd probably just go all elient on him anyway.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Yes, Rake veers and as the giant dragon is hanging there above Cots getting ready to annihalate the shadow god with KG, Cots rope snakes out and disembowls the giant dragon in a split second.

Cots, knowing he's already won, disappears and the shadow hounds close in and tear Rake to pieces.

#17 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

A valid point Brood

Apt- The quote shows that Rake would be killed by a combined effort of ST andt the Rope. I cant see how the Rope would hope to stand against Rake. Would you put the Seguleh First below Dancer in a fight? The WJ thing is simply because its mentioned in MOi. Im sure Dassem and Dnacer did go at it and im not realy sure how dancer would cope.

A possibl example could be found in NOK. Dassem, already battered and mortally wounded foought off 3 Clawmasters unarmed. Although i would in no way argue that any of these were as good as Dancer it still shows how effective Dassem is.

#18 User is offline   Cain 

• Sergeant

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Whos to say that Rake wouldn't be honourable and not veer during their duel. But by the time he decides he needs to shift to win it might already be too late. And if he does beforehand...well we seen people like Raest put up a fight against Dragons just fine. Also do you remember the Cot/Edur fight on Drift? He was turning them to jello with one touch of a knife and flicking his wrist with the other and making heads roll. Also I dont think....that we have seen any magical power from Cot which upon ascending he might have? I dunno. Obviously he can bless knives and such or whatever so he has SOME kind of magical power.

#19 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

Why would he be honourable?

We keep forgetting, because everyone likes him, that Rake is a ruthless bastard.

#20 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

Cain;314088 said:

Whos to say that Rake wouldn't be honourable and not veer during their duel. But by the time he decides he needs to shift to win it might already be too late. And if he does beforehand...well we seen people like Raest put up a fight against Dragons just fine. Also do you remember the Cot/Edur fight on Drift? He was turning them to jello with one touch of a knife and flicking his wrist with the other and making heads roll. Also I dont think....that we have seen any magical power from Cot which upon ascending he might have? I dunno. Obviously he can bless knives and such or whatever so he has SOME kind of magical power.

Cotillion can probably utilise shadows but i doubt hes a high mge of Shadow. In any case there a difference beetween injuring the son of darkness and mowing down a couple of Edur. Ad yeh Raest did well against a load of dragons but that was a magic user batling dragons not simply a very gifted assasin with a knife and a rope.

Also Raest only beat 4 soletaken dragons and 1 genuine eleint whereas Rake beat 3 real Dragons

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users