Malazan Empire: An Old Musing, which needs some help - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Old Musing, which needs some help

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

The Archivist;320061 said:

Good points, Hetan. However, the Tanno can not be the other "hand" because they grew from one on the hands, the Nameless ones. Thus they can't be the other hand as they only existed after the NO's and their other hand.

However, the Cabalii might be the other hand, assessing who was ready for ascendancy and then the (original) Nameless Ones would aid them in this. I am guessing the Tanno are following the NO's original function of aiding ascension not balancing power (note: corrupted by the Azath). The First Human Empire seems to have been obsessed with the rituals of ascendancy (Ritual of the Beast etc) so I think this may not be too far a stretch but it is still a WAG.

The Assessors people came later, so they could not have co-existed at that time together, ergo - cannot have been left and right :o

#42 User is offline   The Archivist 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

*sighs* A good point ... I missed where it states they came after the human FE but I trust you to be right ... *snaps a tome shut with a rueful air*

#43 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

Damn lol, there goes my theory... Dejim was sealed by the Master of the Hounds... Im assuming the Shadow Hounds but I dont know...
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users