• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Movie you've ever Seen?

#241 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on Feb 14 2009, 05:04 AM, said:

I have this thing that if I start a movie i have to finish it. The only two i havent been able to are the New World and Dust-I got it cause it had David Wenham from LOTR. Terrible terrible movies.

And Eragon made me want to throw things at the movie screen, what a waste of Jeremy Irons.

much like Dungeons & Dragons, which incidently is my contribution to this thread.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#242 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever as I've said in the past: you'd think a film involving Lucy Liu with loads of guns and lots of shit blowing up would be fun. And you'd be wrong.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#243 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

Any very loosely interpreted historical/ WW2 movie. Or ones with very bad fantasy cliches.
Like the ones in which all heroes are americans but weren't really, and/or everyone is blundering about until a random GI Joe walks in to set them right. I don't know where it went wrong... somewhere after The Longest Day, I guess. In the same vein, I detest the remake of The Italian Job. All of the feel good momentum of the original is lost :p

I turned off Arthur after 15 minutes, and as such, that's going to be my nominee.
I also never finished watching Pearl Harbor (as said before by RLY, Tora Tora Tora is a much better movie).
Lastly, I haven't seen the Inspector Clouseau movie(s) by Steve Martin, but he (and the director and script writer) should be burned on a stake for doing what Peter Sellars did so magnificently already. At least the movie still is based in France...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#244 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

My Lucky Stars. I win!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#245 User is offline   GanoesSavesTheWorld 

• Corporal

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'll echo some already mentioned: Ultraviolet and ANYthing by Uwe Boll.

I'll add two I may have missed: Windtalkers (I know womeone said anything with Nic Cage but this one deserves specific mention), and There Will Be Blood. Day-Lewis is incredible in whatever he does, but he couldn't even save the Horribleness that was this movie.

#246 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:25 AM

Are you kidding? There will be blood was fantastic!

#247 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

There Will Be Blood was awesome. "BASKET BABY BASTARD!" Fantastic movie about the megalomaniacs that built American industry.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#248 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

I am the third revelation! I AM THE THIRD REVELATION! :(

#249 User is offline   GanoesSavesTheWorld 

• Corporal

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

What was great about There Will Be Blood, other than Day-Lewis' acting? All I saw was a story about a guy doing horrible things to people, including his own son on more than one occasion. I felt sick after watching it.

#250 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

View PostGanoesSavesTheWorld, on Feb 18 2009, 08:06 AM, said:

What was great about There Will Be Blood, other than Day-Lewis' acting? All I saw was a story about a guy doing horrible things to people, including his own son on more than one occasion. I felt sick after watching it.

His acting is enough to raise the rest of the movie to greatness. Without him, this movie would only be ok.
Error: Signature not valid

#251 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

View PostVarunwe, on May 11 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

Vanilla Sky. Boring.

Hood balls on an anvil, that movie is fucking awesome. Dunno how you can think it is boring, lol.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#252 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

I agree, i've seen Vanilla Sky about 20 times and is friggin great!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#253 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:34 AM

I can see what GSTW is saying about There Will Be Blood. With the exception of a few great scenes (especially the finale) and DDL's acting there was nothing in the film I really liked. I thought the score was awful - it was jarring and took me completely out of the film. Pacing was horrible - the film crawled along, felt like it was about 4 hours too long. The plot really didn't work for me - individually, there were some good scenes (the oil derrick on fire was very striking, and the scene in the church was another good one), but the overall story linking them together? Not so hot - too meandering, too wandering, too unfocused. TWBB is an alright film, for me. Definitely not an amazing film, and there's no way you'd catch me watching it again.

It will inevitably be compared with No Country For Old Men long into the future due to them coming out at the same time, competing for the same Oscar, etc. I liked NCfOM a lot more - a film is not just about its ending: an important part, certainly, but it has to be worth going through the rest of the film to get there. Despite the headfuck of an ending, the rest of NCfOM is filled with tension - it makes you want to watch it. On the other hand, TWBB was something I had to force myself through.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#254 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

Frost, portait of a vampire

god awful fucking B movie..

Disaster Movie

the only movie i have ever left the theater early on, it was trash and a rip off...

word
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#255 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

View PostBrynjar, on Feb 15 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

garbage, that's a cracking film.

if you're willing to trawl the Chan back catalogue for tripe, i'd put the accidental spy as a far worse film. The medallion too.

And Sammo has had a few stinkers as well. Gambling ghost for one.

but my lucky stars? nah, there's a hell of a lot worse than that out there.
meh. Link was dead :(

#256 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

View PostTapper, on Feb 14 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

Lastly, I haven't seen the Inspector Clouseau movie(s) by Steve Martin, but he (and the director and script writer) should be burned on a stake for doing what Peter Sellars did so magnificently already. At least the movie still is based in France..

The Pink Panther was really funny. I enjoyed the comedy and wouldn't put it on this list.

#257 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

View PostGanoesSavesTheWorld, on Feb 17 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

I'll echo some already mentioned: Ultraviolet and ANYthing by Uwe Boll.

I'll add two I may have missed: Windtalkers (I know womeone said anything with Nic Cage but this one deserves specific mention), and There Will Be Blood. Day-Lewis is incredible in whatever he does, but he couldn't even save the Horribleness that was this movie.

With You 100% with Uwe Boll, who on earth keeps funding this ham spanking muppet ?

Nic Cage ? Yeh pretty awfull although I do have a soft spot for Con Air, " put down the bunny", " It's your barbecue cyrus and it smells good...." or something like that. Over the top but fun.

Sorry clart, There will be Blood was one of the best films of last year.
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#258 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

Oh, suddenly with the mention of Nick Cage, it hits me... Ghostrider! What the hell were they thinking?! And he even claims to be a comicbook fan. Fuck me.

Honorable mention to Bangkok Dangerous...

#259 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

View PostAptorian, on Feb 19 2009, 08:58 PM, said:

Oh, suddenly with the mention of Nick Cage, it hits me... Ghostrider! What the hell were they thinking?! And he even claims to be a comicbook fan. Fuck me.

Honorable mention to Bangkok Dangerous...

I recently discovered, on a site that shall remain nameless, that Nic Cage was recently voted Hollywoods leading "Paycheck Whore". Apparently he ticked every box for wage demands vs crapness of film/ box office takings.

To quote the great Bill Hicks, Nic Cage is " Sucking Satan's cock !"
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#260 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

View PostStalker, on Feb 19 2009, 05:20 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on Feb 14 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

Lastly, I haven't seen the Inspector Clouseau movie(s) by Steve Martin, but he (and the director and script writer) should be burned on a stake for doing what Peter Sellars did so magnificently already. At least the movie still is based in France..

The Pink Panther was really funny. I enjoyed the comedy and wouldn't put it on this list.

But did you see the originals?
They were big movies for their time, with star-casts and awesome acting: Steve Martin simply can't attain the level of Claudia Cardinale and David Niven.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users