Malazan Empire: Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread

#61 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:05 PM

Incidentally, his name is Klaas :D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#62 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

So Spurs have allegedly made an official £24million bid for Eto'o... I would laugh so much is they actually pull this off. Barca seem willing to let him go if it's a good enough offer.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#63 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

He would appear to have changed his mind and wants to stay now Spurs are interested.
What Would Jack Do ?

#64 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Not suprising. Why would he want to get injured, after all?

#65 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

To be honest he is not the type of player you need, you need more honest grafter types like Keane not an overpaid prima donna who will sulk when things don't go his way.
What Would Jack Do ?

#66 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

Sulk when things don't go his way? So you mean Berbatov :D

Also Richard Dunne has "set his heart on a move to White Hart Lane", according to the BBC. He's a quality center back, so I would be very happy with that, but isn't he also a bit injury prone, like King and Woodgate?

#67 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

@ Brood
No-one is as injury prone as Woodgate and King!
(o.k. on reflection you could maybe also include Kewell and Dyer)

I wouldn't consider Dunne to be injury prone at all. He gets a few knocks, but that what you'd expect of a pretty physical defender. He'd be a good pick up for Spurs.

I was kinda hoping that he might go to Sunderland and join the irish revolution up there. He's the kind of quality that they need to be honest.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#68 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

Aye, pretty much any team outside the top 4 would take him (well ARSEnal would too if he was french) and he'd be a good buy, so it would be good.

I heard Roy Keane was gonna have £50million to spend. Haven't heard any rumours of targets yet though.

#69 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Sunderland had been briefly linked with a move for Dunne (but if i were him i'd go with the Spurs option, I think Ramos could be a great manager considering what he did with Seville)

A few other Sunderland rumours i've seen are possibly,
James McFadden from Birmingham. (6 million)
Aiden McGeady from Celtic
Michael Tonge from Shef Utd. (4 million)

I think Steve Sidwell has been mentioned as a possible target too (but he seems like a complete wanker so i hope that ain't true)

All of the above have also been linked with other clubs as well, and that would appear to be sunderland's biggest problem. It seems it isn't that easy to get some players to move up North.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

- Anonymous

#70 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Aye, same problem Newcastle and Boro have often encountered, I think.

McGeady would be a very good signing, incidentally. He's a class player. And I like Tonge, but 4million is ridiculously overpriced for a player with so little top-flight experience.

#71 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

caladanbrood+;310648 said:

I like Tounge.

Ooh err missus.

Fat Frank to Inter, if they manage that one Chelsea will be laughing their arses off, he's only going to get worse next year.
I AM A TWAT

#72 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

AC Milan failed to qualify for the champions league!! What affect might this have on the transfer market? Shevchenko will probably stay at Chelsea, for one.

#73 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Chelsea could well be in trouble this summer - if Lumplard and Drogba go, then they've got to replace them as well as thinking about ballack and makalele getting on a bit, and still trying to solve the RB problem.

Not to mention that Anelka and Shevchenko could be off and replaced. I just cant see that many new players gelling enough for next season. That;s why I think it'll be Arsenal's year! :p To gain 2nd I mean. Obviously Man U will win it, but we can still improve to 2nd dammit.

On that note, all the papers seem to be confident of a £13.5mil move to Arsenal from Nasri. This surprises me, I have to say. Ben Arfa I can follow as we need a winger, Makoun also as we need a defensive CM, but I dont see how Nasri will fit in unless we resort to a 4-5-1 with Nasri supporting Adebayor and RVP (when fit) on the wing.

#74 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

I don't think United winning it again is anything near obvious.

#75 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

I do. They're bound to strengthen well in the summer, and Im not convinced they'll have that bad run they had at the start again. A proper striker is all they need to ensure they score constantly, Vidic Rio and Evra are very solid and so a new RB, which theyre after, could well make them unbeatable there too.

#76 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

@ TT - If that kid Nasri is as good as people think, comparing him to Zidane, then I don't see how Arsenal can go too far wrong. Especially if the transfer speculation of Adebayor leaving has any truth to it. And considering Hleb is likely to go, and Rosicky is always injured, then that's two other places to fill.

The rumour i heard today was that Barcelona were looking to do a swap with Arsenal to get Adebayor, and were willing to offer Yaya Touré AND Samuel Eto'o!!!!! That's sounds way over the top, but maybe if there's money involved as well it could happen.

- Anonymous

#77 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'd take that if I were Arsenal. Why are there rumours about Adebayor leaving? He's gone on record multiple times of late stating he does not want to leave. On another note, I hope Barcelona get relegated next year :p

The Man Utd team look so strong, if only Ronaldo would pass slightly more often they'd be unstoppable. He's gone slightly to the selfish dimension, actually replace gone with always been.

I'm eagerly watching the transfer business but I have no real vested interest. Arsenal, Aston Villa and Tottenham seem the three most busy clubs at the moment media-wise.

#78 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Binder of Demons;312181 said:

@ TT - If that kid Nasri is as good as people think, comparing him to Zidane, then I don't see how Arsenal can go too far wrong.

There are some doubts about him, lack of end product etc. But he looks very gifted.
I AM A TWAT

#79 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

@ Dancer - The reason that there are rumours is because Barcelona have been quite vocal about wanting Adebayor. He's high up on some "wish list" of their's apparently.
There may be a big clear out of their forwards over the summer so they've been eying up several possible replacements.

- Anonymous

#80 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

liverpool have signed another right back, Philipp Degen from the switzerland, never seen nor heard of him but he'll be playing this summer.
He came on a free so I wont moan about spending money on another right back (i think finnan and arbeloa fill the position fine)

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users