Malazan Empire: Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread

#41 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

It'll probably be Rob Earnshaw, I heard he's on the move ;)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#42 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

I find Arsene Wenger's obsession with young Afro-French players worrying, I think he may have ulterior motives, I see him loitering round the showers with a covert camera whilst 'rumaging' in his pockets.

Seriously though, Ben Arfa is one of those players who was touted as a world beater but apparently coaches who work with him for a while find totally infuriating, no end product. another rough diamond for Wenger to work his magic on methinks?
I AM A TWAT

#43 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

So apparently the big news of the day is that Owen might be going to Japan. JEF United Chiba are preparing a bid :lachen70:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#44 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

I like Earnshaw. You've gotta think that someone that ugly is gonna be a footballing genius sooner or later. I mean, look at Ronaldinho. Or Rooney!

I remember when is was Van Nistelrooy and Rooney up front for Man Ure, we used to call them Shrek and Donkey. ;)

#45 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

Looks like Drogba could well be off, he's come out and said he dreams of playing for Milan, which you've gotta think isnt gonna go down well at Stamford Bridge.

With talk of Eto'o after a move to the Premier League, I reckon they might swoop for him (even though he's linked with spurs atm, I dont think there'd be many players who would decide to play non-CL footy and take a lower wage than go to Chelski).

#46 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Berbatov to Chelski I reckon. I think Fergie might not fancy him both for tactical and wankerishness reasons.

Eto'o isn't such a good investment since last time anyone did any digging it appeared he was at least 4 years older than he says he is!
I AM A TWAT

#47 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

Lol really? How old does that make him then?

Wiki says he was born in 1981, so I guess that makes him about 30?

#48 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

I can't remember the exact details at all but the gist is: he says in his autobiography that his favorite football memory was receiving a shirt from Roger Milla or something after they beat Ghana 2-1, saying he must have been about five unfortunately the match took place in like 1980 or simiilar when he wasn't born. The implication being that he is yet another African player whose age was lied about so he could be put into a youth team and sold on when he was actually like 19.

The same happened with Milla himself, who genuinely has no idea of his age and Ibrahim Bakayoko who everton bought beliveing him to be a young hot-shot but who turned out to be around 30.

I'm sure Eto'o would deny it though and he does look young.
I AM A TWAT

#49 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Oh ok, I've heard similar with Obafemi Martins.

Spurs have just had an offer turned down for some Brazilian at Cruzeiro, Marcelo Moreno.

He's 20 and apparently rated quite highly, but Cruzeiro only own 40% of him and by the looks of the setanta report want at least 5mil for themselves, so an offer of £12mil or so is needed.

Shaktar Donetsk currently have the highest bid at 6mil, so Spurs mustve bid lower than that. Apparently Man U, Liverpool, Ajax and a few others are also interested, so Cruzeiro feel no need to sell until they get a big offer.

Meanwhile, Mauro Zarate is supposedly being chased by an unnamed top 4 club, believed to be Arsenal. Al-Sadd only bought him for £10mil a short while back, so you'd expect the transfer fee to be extortionate. So not Arsenal, IMO.

#50 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

Never heard of this Moreno chap. Still, I don't like this recent trend where clubs don't own all of a player - it makes things epically complicated, as proved with Mascherano and Tevez.

#51 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

Yes I find it a bit of a drag. Maybe you could buy say...Carlos Tevez's legs and arse from Man Utd but MSI would own is Torso and head.

Even better you could have shares in a player and get dividend payouts depending on how much they make in a year
I AM A TWAT

#52 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

Though if you could buy a headless Rooney, for example, it would surely be a great improvement.

#53 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

I just find it amusing that having already shelled out £10mil on a few years loan deal for Tevez, Man URe will still have to splash out another £20mil or so if they want to get him from MSI for good. It's a lose-lose situation, if he plays well they'll have to pay more, and if he plays shit, why buy him?

#54 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

that Arshavin for Zenit ST petersburg was looking pretty good. wouldn't be surprised if someone came in with an offer for him.
meh. Link was dead :(

#55 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:48 AM

Aye, and it's not like Zenit will need to hold out for a ludicrous price, being owned by Gazprom as they are :D

#56 User is offline   q21 

• Condemned of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

There are romours of Yaya Toure joining his brother at Arsenal. The deal would probably be too expensive for Wenger's tastes... but it would make me happy.
Flying Monkeys definitely win.

#57 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

I'm not sure about Arshavin, he only looked OK against a Rangers side who were a total fucking disgrace with their anti-football. Before the game, although I have no love for them, I wanted Rangers to win. By the time Zenit scored I was pleased they had.

Apparently Barcelona have offered £16m plus Ronaldinho and Deco for Kaka. I wouldn't sell Kaka for all the tea in China. You'd have to offer at least 10 Decos, Camp Nou, about £50m and the souls of your first born children for Kaka and I wouldn't want to be aflicted with that borderline retard Ronaldinho Gaucho as part of the deal. It would be the biggest transfer coup since Man Utd got Aston Villa to buy Eric Djemba Djemba if Barcelona can extract any residual value from Ronaldinho.

I had a think about it last night and I think Utd should have a look at Klass Jan Huntelaar, looks tdy, scores goals, pretty mobile available for a reasonable fee either him or Luis Fabiano from Seville.

Oh, and Broody, Tottingham would be lucky to have a headless Rooney.
I AM A TWAT

#58 User is offline   q21 

• Condemned of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

But as soon as he moved there he's start to suck. Its called the Tottenham virus and no one is immune.
Flying Monkeys definitely win.

#59 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

Cougar;308812 said:

I had a think about it last night and I think Utd should have a look at Klass Jan Huntelaar, looks tdy, scores goals, pretty mobile available for a reasonable fee either him or Luis Fabiano from Seville.

Huntelaar has turned down United because of the new coaching team at Ajax next season - Van Basten and Bergkamp.

#60 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

caladanbrood+;309110 said:

Huntelaar has turned down United because of the new coaching team at Ajax next season - Van Basten and Bergkamp.

Unless they are both coming out of retirement to play they'll still be shite:

DONG, DONG, DONG.

Hear that Klass, that's the sound of the bell tolling the hours and days as you waste your career at a gash club instead of having the balls to step up to the plate.

Hofland did the same thing and his career crumbled shortly after. If you can't develop any more you should move on he's already shown he's top class for the Eredivise, he should seek the challenge of one of the top leagues.
I AM A TWAT

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users