Malazan Empire: Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Football Transfer News/Rumours/Discussion Thread

#81 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

Binder of Demons;312181 said:

The rumour i heard today was that Barcelona were looking to do a swap with Arsenal to get Adebayor, and were willing to offer Yaya Touré AND Samuel Eto'o!!!!! That's sounds way over the top, but maybe if there's money involved as well it could happen.

This would simply never happen, either of those are better, or at least more valuable to a team, than Adebayor.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#82 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Adebayor leaving is a big pile of horseshit. Multiple times he's stated he's happy at Arsenal and will bestaying, a story came out in Marca (so clearly a lie) which was refuted vigorously by player and agent. In reporting the agent's refutation, places like skysports just re-ran the "he's leaving" story with a one line "his agent denied adebayor wanted to move, despite this appearing in spanish papers" disclaimer at the top.

It's like last year when, having freshly signed an 8 year contract and saying he wanted to stay at Arsenal forever, Real said they were going to sign Fabregas. Since then he's signed a 2 year extension and they still claim theyre gonna buy him. Insanity.

Apparently pompey are interested in Kaboul. If spurs manage to shift him, it's the best piece of business since Pascal Cygan was sold without making a loss. :p

I've not heard of this Degen, apparently he's not bad, but I think Finnans brilliant so not sure why Liverpool need him. But I spose as he's on a free it doesnt matter.

#83 Guest_Hugin & Munin_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Well last years free signing didnt turn out shit out, Voronin scored what, 6 goals this season? granted he was injured but after his blistering first goal I was pretty optimistic about him, hopefully he'll find the form hes reputed to have next season

#84 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Kaboul... he's useful at attacking corners, and that's the best I can say about him;)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#85 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

latest rumours in the pool camp
Alsonso will be staying because MON won't let barry leave
Crouchies heading to pompie
David Villa and Kranjcar in

I'm more than slightly sceptical

#86 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Villa and Torres would be a mouthwatering strike partnership.

But Crouch won't leave until Benitez drops his asking price, no one is going to pay £15million for him.

Other rumours today:
Coupet to Spurs for an absolute bargain £2.5million. He's not as good as he was anymore, but still pretty damn decent ;)
Arshavin to Man City for £12million.
Baros will leave Pompey, and be found playing in the US next season for the New York Sloths syncronised tv-watching team to support their audacious bid for a fifth successive Gregory Championship.
Jo (no, no idea either) will move to either Man City or Everton.
Aiden McGeady could well be playing in the Premiership next season, at a top-mid-level club like Villa (but only if Barry leaves), Pompey, Everton (possible replacement for Lee Carsley).
Spurs will make a profit in the goalkeeping market by selling Robinson to Bolton or Villa for £5million.

#87 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

Ah, Hleb's definitely going, that's a relief. In a statement via his agent he's essentially said he would purposely play shit if he was forced to stay. So, no change from the last 3 years then.

How could he possibly play worse? Shoot even less? Score even less than 11 goals in all competitions as an attacking player in 3 years? Intentionally get yourself a 3 match ban at the end of the season so you can sod off on holiday early again?

Good riddance to bad rubbish says I. I'd like to think we'll replace him with a proper winger, but I imagine it'll be Nasri, and you cant imagine he could do any worse, so it's an improvement as far as Im concerned.

#88 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

I could have sworn someone said he was pretty decent, recently. Might even have been you, though I guess that's unlikely:confused:

#89 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Who, Hleb? Cant have been me, Ive always dislike him, far too wasteful. He's one of the main reasons Arsenal pass it around the edge of the area so much and dont bloody shoot.

He had one good patch at the beginning of this season where he got 4 goals, but since November, reverted to type. So that's over a third of all his Arsenal goals in 3 years, and a couple of months. And of those 11, I recall a fair few were tap-ins. Call me picky if you will, but I personally feel someone who spends most the season playing as the support striker should get more than 4, especially if it's their best season.

I mean, Ray Parlour, the Romford Pele, outscored Hleb by miles. Hell, he even grabbed a few hat-tricks, and at least he wasnt felled by light breezes.

Now, if we can shift Eboue and possibly Senderos, I will be delightedly chuffed. ;)

#90 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:I am a sponge and I soak up everyone else's interests. I am however partial to socks.

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

i dont watch arsenal often(only champ.L and what i see on match o the day) but i have always been impressed by hleb, decent passing and skill and unlike some players with those atributes is not scared of playing it rough and chasing back, though 4 goals for a support striker/winger is nowere near enough, how many assists? do you know? i suppose if i watched arsenal more often i might have a more rounded view.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain(wrong series, ed)

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#91 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hleb didn't get too many assists this season, either. Certainly not as many as someone of his obvious skill should have done. He did well earlier in the season because he was being played by Wenger as a support striker to Adebayor and seemed to enjoy that. Then he got put back on the wing and has been fairly disappointing.

The guy is fantastic and frustrating to watch in equal measure. Handles the ball at his feet like it was on a piece of string, but, ffs, shoot! ;)

#92 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

Oh, and Villa and Torres would be amazing, and I don't even particularly like Liverpool. I've watched them playing for Spain together, and they seem to have a really good partnership. But it looks like Villa might go to Chelsea.

#93 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

This from the 14th January, I guess TT meant just different, not better!

Thelomen Toblerone;242615 said:

I'm just pleased we've improved so much without really buying, I was a little anxious pre-season I must admit. Adebayor, despite being inconsistent, has improved lots, Eduardo's coming on nicely, Hleb looks like a different player, Flamini's been fantastic, and Cesc is just Cesc.

I AM A TWAT

#94 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Chelsea are set to trim their squad from 28 to 22 plus three goalkeepers. Any ideas of who will and should go?

It's going to be an interesting transfer period.

#95 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Cougar;315562 said:

This from the 14th January, I guess TT meant just different, not better!

Bear in mind that was only a month after his good run where he was undeniably a better player, and then was injured for a bit. Being the forgiving soul I am, I was prepeared to be patient for a few weeks. :) ;)

#96 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Dancer;315652 said:

Chelsea are set to trim their squad from 28 to 22 plus three goalkeepers. Any ideas of who will and should go?

It's going to be an interesting transfer period.

Depends on who takes over, I would imagine, but I think 22 players is far too small a squad to contest as many different competitions as they're in and expect to do well in.

Shevchenko, Malouda, Beletti, Ferreria, SWP, Sidwell could easily all leave though.

I did hear Spurs are trying to buy SWP, which would make me very happy ;) Even if his dad was a gooner.

#97 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist
  • Interests:I am a sponge and I soak up everyone else's interests. I am however partial to socks.

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

anelka is throwing a sulk cause he has been played on the wing so much so maybe he might leave, shevchenko as overpriced as he was never really got a fair go at it, now if drogba runs of to join jose shev could well become a very important player.

reckon bridge might get fed up sitting on the bench.

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#98 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well if Drogba leaves, Anelka's problem dissapears;)

#99 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

ha true!!

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#100 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

I'd bite their fucking hand off if this was true:

Real Madrid are prepared to pay an estimated £150m to secure the services of Cristiano Ronaldo. They will pay Man Utd £39.8m as well as offering Robinho, Sergio Ramos and Mahamadou Diarra in exchange and will pay the Portuguese winger £7.6m a year. (Daily Express)
I AM A TWAT

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users