• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shal-Morzinn

#21 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

the whole liosan arrogant thing doesnt wash in my eyes. As Onrack said 'there is no shortage of arrogat beings'. It must be said that there more likely to be human and simply powerful arrogant mages

#22 User is offline   Kimloc 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

tiam;292386 said:

the whole liosan arrogant thing doesnt wash in my eyes. As Onrack said 'there is no shortage of arrogat beings'. It must be said that there more likely to be human and simply powerful arrogant mages

True, but humans tend to be social and murderous so I'm backing the Liosan theory of the Three on the strength of the isolationist tendencies but you make a great point about arrogance being found in all races.

#23 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

Id actually prefer it to be simply a human empire that has existed for a thousand years rather than something extra ordinary ,although three incredibly powerful mages ruling an island empire is far from mundane. I liked the idea of a possible last bastion of the FE like the seguleh/letherii

#24 User is offline   Tehol Beddict 

• Corporal

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

Repeating the general theory, with some good ol' fashioned Tehol spice: Maybe Shal-Morzinn is ruled by 3 Liosan, and they're just being racist and elitist by ruling the 'inferior' folk of their empire, à la Jaghut Tyrants? Or, maybe, they're just 3 ordinary tyrannical, unstable human mages and there's an Azath we don't know about and they have it and are using it to live for an apalling amount of time, kinda like Kellanved and Dancer? Who knows? Cheers:D:p
Bugg: 'What will you be doing today, master?'
Tehol: 'Why, I think I shall go back to bed.'

#25 User is offline   Jimmy 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:52 AM

Personally, I thought the Liosan were pretty inept. Somehow I don't believe the Sorceror Kings are.

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:07 AM

The Liosan from HoC survived a direct hit from a cusser, with no real marks. That's pretty damn impressive.

#27 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

Yes, although I'm not sure how that worked.....maybe by some hardening that occured in the fires of Tellan, Liosan etc?
It shouldn't be magical though.....

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#28 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Aptorian;300482 said:

The Liosan from HoC survived a direct hit from a cusser, with no real marks. That's pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, and there was Onrack slicing one of them open when they first arrived. The guy yawned and said "heal me", like it was nothing.

#29 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Any race that decides to fight scores of Forkrul Assail has got to be some hard bastards, IMO.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users