• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#541 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

I was hoping they would be a proper psycho colony that killed all males and male children.

I don't really mind this hopping around from colony to colony. The Alexandria lot are still reeling and a bit useless for now so there's no entertainment there until events push them into something. Lots of new characters means there's some free deaths coming too - we need more characters so that none of the regulars have to die. I'm half being sarcastic and half serious here as if too many regulars die the show won't be worth watching. It's hard enough without Glenn who was kind of the one remaining original "good guy".

I want Jesus and King Ezekiel to team up.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#542 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

Well, another smh of an episode at the stupidity Rick's group displays, especially when you consider how far long they are into the apocalypse now. It's amazing nothing has been learned. Most of them should have been zombie chow by now or murdered by another group.

And what's the deal with shaming Eugene into making a bullet, just one, bullet?

So I guess one of the big setups for next week's mid-season finale is Rick coming back to the sight of Judith in the arms of Negan. Gee, I wonder how Rick will respond.

#543 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 December 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

Well, another smh of an episode at the stupidity Rick's group displays, especially when you consider how far long they are into the apocalypse now. It's amazing nothing has been learned. Most of them should have been zombie chow by now or murdered by another group.

So I guess one of the big setups for next week's mid-season finale is Rick coming back to the sight of Judith in the arms of Negan. Gee, I wonder how Rick will respond.

No test rounds for Rosita, huh? Yeah, I'm not sure I'd trust Eugene enough to pour piss out of a boot, even if I wrote the instructions on the bottom.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#544 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

We've let the last (I think) three eps pile up....withy little to no interest to watch. Shows me what level the show is batting on for entertainment value.

Also, while the ratings are still better than most TV shows...they've apparently taken a header off a cliff since the premiere, and are not getting better, but are slowly still dropping.

I want to say that this SHOULD give AMC pause...and maybe they'll get their shit together and fire Gimple to get the ratings to climb again. But yeah, I think this just signifies exactly HOW burned everyone was with the S6 finale, and how annoyed they are with the slower-than-shit pace this season.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#545 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 06 December 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 December 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

No test rounds for Rosita, huh? Yeah, I'm not sure I'd trust Eugene enough to pour piss out of a boot, even if I wrote the instructions on the bottom.

Well that, but also if you're going to risk an excursion to the place Eugene can forge bullets, wouldn't you at least try to forage for enough material to fill up the gun's clip? I think since the setting is America, it might be easier to actually find the bullets on a supply search run then to gather the materials to forge them.

Also, the show seemed to have a high school mentality bullying/shaming theme, i.e. Negan making fun of Carl's eye, Negan making Carl sing, Negan making fat jokes about Olivia and Rosita shaming Eugene into making the bullet (and then apologizing after getting the bullet, which Eugene promptly rejected, so good for him).

#546 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

Another hour long episode, but don't worry...

Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#547 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

It was 90 minutes. I think that is the third episode this season that has been 90 minutes.

A rather predictable mid-season finale if you ask me.
Spoiler

And once again bonehead moves by Rick's group seems to dominate the day.

I guess I will try to hold on for when it starts up again in February, but I don't know how much more I can tolerate (if it moves at the same pace and nothing significant happens).

#548 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

Yah I mean a 90 minute episode has an hour of show, 30 min of commercials.

#549 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Anyone watch after the credits?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#550 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

We caught up on the three eps we'd missed (not including last nights mid-season finale)...WHAT the fuck was with that Tara episode?

So wait...the writer's idea of a clever episode is to have the lesbian character be the one who finds the ocean-residing all-female community...and the first thing out of the leaders mouth is "I hope you like fish"....I mean, are you fucking KIDDING ME here? That can't have gone over the writer's head as a piss-poor, sexist joke/comment, right?

I'm annoyed because I don't care about Tara much, and she's really not interesting to focus a whole episode on, but the writing in this ep was super super bad. Like this: Tara returns back to Alexandria (neither the wife or I could remember why she was out of the compound...that's how long it's been since they showed us) after having been SWORN to utter silence about the ocean all-female compound. The FIRST thing a character does (after telling her that her girlfriend is dead) is to ask her if she knows about ANYTHING or ANYWHERE they can go to so they can get out of Alexandria. The very thing that in the previous set of scenes she was sword to secrecy about. That's TERRIBLE writing. I mean, fuck. Insert that randomly down the line somewhere....you can't have the scene where she swears to secrecy, and chase it with a scene where she is asked to betray that word explicitly. The guy who wrote this ep doesn't have much on his resume, and I THINK he's involved in TWD due to having once been Darabont's production assistant...but shit, he didn't learn writing from him, that's for sure.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#551 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 12 December 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Was that
Spoiler

#552 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Was that
Spoiler

Spoiler

#553 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 12 December 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Was that
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#554 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

I think I know who Boots is.
Spoiler

#555 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 December 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

I think I know Worry prob posted a pic of Puss in Boots but I'm not clicking just in case it's an actual comic spoiler.

Safe to click. :p

#556 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

I'm caught up. Negan is my favourite character now.

What I don't get is that nobody has ever noticed that they just have to keep going until the zombies decay into nothingness. I know it's all about the human groups now but someone should at least say it.

I can't say I'm that bothered by the decline. I think I don't have the brain power to give a shit.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#557 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

I don't know if I even care about this show any more. I'm not quite ready to give up and will watch when it comes back on, but I've been close saying fuck it several times. There's a lot about this show that is bad. It's soooo damn formulaic. Rick's party discovers a place where they think they can finally settle down. There is an antagonist that makes that hard. They defeat the nysgonist but in the end the walkers break in and they have to keep movIng. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. They have killed off most of the characters I have ever been remotely interested in and replaced them with less compelling characters. I almost hope it gets cancelled so I can stop watching because I don't know if I will ever pull the trigger and stop on my own, just because of sheer momentum.
Error: Signature not valid

#558 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostCheesewiz, on 07 February 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

This starts back next Sun. I thought about Malan today. Land is being cleared by my house and there was a huge fucking 8 wheeled tractor with 4 workers standing next to it. There heads didn't even clear the tires. Wish I coulda got a pic of it.

They definitely need a construction vehicle vs horde scene in the show.

Posted Image

#559 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

Glad it's back on.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 13 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

#560 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 February 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

I enjoyed this one a lot. Curious to see what the bashers on here say about it.

While I didn't get my steamroller, I'm satisfied. :doh:

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users