• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 18 March 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 18 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostD, on 18 March 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 16 March 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Never trust a priest!
Yeah, what the hell was with that? What's his angle?

Right. Even reconciling that scene with the first scene where he's tearing up the bible - how does that connect? He tears up the bible, and then comes out quoting it to the senator.

My best guess is he's gone nuts over his own perceived sins and now feels he needs to "save" this community of innocents to make up for it?

I saw it as him tearing up the bible ashamed of himself: The town was giving him such a nice welcome, and he felt like if they knew what he had done, they wouldn't want anything to do with him. I feel like that's what kind of lead to his decision to betray Rick's group. They're the only ones who know about what he did, so he was trying to get them out of the picture before the new people learned of his sins. Trying to cover up his past and give himself a fresh start in the new town...

Yeah its probably a little shame on his part, and being scared for his fucking life because Rick's group are brutal as all hell. He hadn't seen a human kill another human for likely quite some time, and what they did to the Terminus crew...gotta see it from his eyes.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#262 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

Has anyone noticed that everyone has perfect eyesight in this universe? Outside of the former senator's husband, has anyone else worn glasses?

You might argue that some sort of exacting natural selection weeds out the glasses wearers first, except that even when you go back to all of the original people in the first episodes, none of them wore glasses either. Even old man Dale and Herschel didn't wear glasses.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#263 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

View PostShinrei, on 21 March 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed that everyone has perfect eyesight in this universe? Outside of the former senator's husband, has anyone else worn glasses?

You might argue that some sort of exacting natural selection weeds out the glasses wearers first, except that even when you go back to all of the original people in the first episodes, none of them wore glasses either. Even old man Dale and Herschel didn't wear glasses.

I certainly hadn't noticed that, but it's an interesting topic to consider. Which then leads me to: I can't recall ever seeing a walker with glasses still on it's face, either. In the show's current timeline, I think the virus breakout is well over a year old now (?) so at this point you probably couldn't expect any walkers to still have a pair manage to hang on their face, but earlier on I would think it might've been possible. Of course, new walkers are still being made... I wouldn't mind seeing Hardwick ask one of the writers or producers about that on Talking Dead sometime. I've not read the comics. Does anyone know if Kirkman and/or the illustrators ever included glasses at any point?

On second thought, did one of the male walkers in the country club that Daryl and Beth go through while she's questing for a drink have glasses? I can't be sure and now I keep picturing the Jacob Marley character to Bill Murray's Scrooge in Scrooged when I try to think back!!

#264 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 21 March 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

I certainly hadn't noticed that, but it's an interesting topic to consider. Which then leads me to: I can't recall ever seeing a walker with glasses still on it's face, either. In the show's current timeline, I think the virus breakout is well over a year old now (?) so at this point you probably couldn't expect any walkers to still have a pair manage to hang on their face, but earlier on I would think it might've been possible. Of course, new walkers are still being made... I wouldn't mind seeing Hardwick ask one of the writers or producers about that on Talking Dead sometime. I've not read the comics. Does anyone know if Kirkman and/or the illustrators ever included glasses at any point?

On second thought, did one of the male walkers in the country club that Daryl and Beth go through while she's questing for a drink have glasses? I can't be sure and now I keep picturing the Jacob Marley character to Bill Murray's Scrooge in Scrooged when I try to think back!!

OMG. Just told the rest of the family about this observation and my Mega-WD-fan daughter (almost 15) pipes up immediately and says, "Ya huh, Milton from Woodbury wore glasses all the time." So much for that! Ah, to have a memory that sharp again!

#265 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Not in the show, but one of the guys in the video game did have glasses: http://walkingdead.w...ark_(Video_Game)

Things don't go well for him, but I don;t think his eyesight has anything to do with it.

PS: Anyone else notice how black guys are disproportionately liable to getting killed on this show.

This post has been edited by D'iversify: 21 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

I am the Onyx Wizards

#266 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

Absolutely. Having had glasses..they are such a PITA at times. MY body wouldn't deal with contacts all that well...

Actually this was one of the reasons I bought LASIK, when the crash happens..glasses could get ya killed. 20/20 is neat btw!
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#267 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:12 AM

I remember reading somewhere that the greatest number of initial casualties in a full zombie-apocalypse would be everyone with a medical condition requiring constant medication. Basically, all your diabetics, heart-pill poppers etc would be dead within days or weeks from their condition, not likely from zombie attack or human looters or whatever.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#268 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:53 AM

NIN opening music sequence is brutal ..so legit

Fav band ever !!!

Totally unexpected for this show ...
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#269 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostBriar King, on 23 March 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

This was a FUN epi!
Sigh 1 more epi till October. :whistle:

/truth on one episode.

I don't know about FUN! next episode is going to be brutal

<gotta love leaving out important words! /fun >

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

#270 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 March 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

This was a FUN epi! We find out where gun is and get more of the "W" that ending was kinda funny even though it's meant to be intense I couldn't help but to lol

Sigh 1 more epi till October. :whistle:

I did not figure that coward Nicholas was the one who took the blender gun (and laid the walker trap, as well?). I actually suspected Carl's woods-runner girl Enid, since she seems to go outside the walls quite often and is apparently stealthy as hell! Yes, 90 more minutes left; it is rather sad.

#271 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, I was surprised to see it was Nicholas that had the gun. It adds a whole nother level of tension now...
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#272 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Man. Sasha has a nice zombie extermination business she's running on the side. Good for her.

So, I'm thinking next week's finale will see a major character killed off, one who's been on since season 1. My guess is Daryl. Posted Image

#273 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

They won't kill Daryl.

It's simply not going to happen from a business standpoint. Not yet at least. He might die later down the road...but not yet. We're talking about THE fan favourite character on the most watched cable TV show in history...even AMC and Robert Kirkman are not that stupid.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#274 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Plus they just got him a new bike.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#275 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 23 March 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Man. Sasha has a nice zombie extermination business she's running on the side. Good for her.

So, I'm thinking next week's finale will see a major character killed off, one who's been on since season 1. My guess is Daryl. Posted Image

My guess based on the comics of what the cliffhanger OMG moment will be:

Don't be tempted to click this if you haven't read the comics!
Spoiler

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#276 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

* must .... not .... click spoiler. Posted Image
Regarding the W on the Walkers forehead's, an interesting observation was made last night on Talking Dead, and that is that it's not an W, but instead an M for Morgan. Posted Image

Also, I would have chosen "March of the Pigs" to kick of my "RUNMIX" mixtape cd. That shit would get my hyped to go outside the walls of Alexandria looking for supplies.

#277 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Haven't watched the talking dead yet, usually watch it the next day (usually watch shameless or other whatever premium tv show happens to be on during that popular 9pm Sunday Night slot, then watch the DVR'd walking dead after to skip through commercials!)

I remember them showing the upside down W as an M at the end of one episode, fading out on it or something, but come on. Why would he be carving it upside down? ...even if it's somehow from his perspective as he's carving it, if he's letting the walkers go afterwards why would he want his M upside down?

I'm sticking with it as a W until it's revealed for sure :whistle:
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#278 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 23 March 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostJakovasaurus, on 23 March 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

My guess based on the comics of what the cliffhanger OMG moment will be:

Don't be tempted to click this if you haven't read the comics!
Spoiler

Indeed, that's a pretty safe bet, and I could see them going for that cliffhanger.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#279 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

The reason it's surprising that Nicholas had the gun is because it's stupid.

Other than that, decent episode.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#280 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

View Postacesn8s, on 23 March 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see it was Nicholas that had the gun. It adds a whole nother level of tension now...

I agree. In fact, when the Rick and Pete brawl got into the street and people came running, it looked like Nicholas was right behind Glenn. I half expected Nicholas to pull the piece then and there. Whether he would've had the stones to do anything with it is another story.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users