• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Show off your Malazan collection! book pix plz

#41 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

This is missing non-malazan stuff, and also the US hardback of GotM, which I had leant to a friend. 

Attached File  malazan.jpg (168.72K)
Number of downloads: 21
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#42 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

Whats the big box looking one? Looks awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#43 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

Is that a DG book proof I see?

And I'm shuddering to even think about what you've done to MoI that makes it look so shiny...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#44 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Ha. The Trade paperbacks have all got plastic dustjackets. Dirty bastard :) RotCG and DhG are both proof copies.

@SB - Lettered edition of Gardens of the Moon :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#45 User is offline   Eleint 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:24 AM

I can't find any Healthy Dead book anywhere for less than $80 anymore. :D Missed my chance.

I'm very jealous. So the lettered edition looks like that, eh? o_o Isn't it supposed to have an extra pullout illustration or something, too? :D Show us more!
Listen then, to these words carried on that breath.
These tales are the tales of us all, again yet again.
We are history relived and that is all, without end that is all.

~Steven Erikson

#46 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostEleint, on 25 February 2010 - 05:24 AM, said:

I can't find any Healthy Dead book anywhere for less than $80 anymore.  :D  Missed my chance.

I'm very jealous.  So the lettered edition looks like that, eh?  o_o  Isn't it supposed to have an extra pullout illustration or something, too?  :D  Show us more!

1) Healthy Dead:

AmazonUS marketplace, used (in virtually perfect condition) from $2.93 - http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

AmazonCA marketplace, from $CAD 6.29 - http://www.amazon.ca...67104152&sr=8-1

Amazon UK marketplace, from £1.91 - http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Abebooks.com, from $2.98 - http://www.abebooks....hy+dead&x=0&y=0

2) A lot of the images from the limited editions are lurking in the art forum, but here is a photo of the Fall of Pale pullout illustration: http://img690.images.../fallofpale.jpg

Hope that helps :p

#47 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

With the arrival of my SFBC order last weekend, I now have the entire MBotF series in SFBC hardcover and Tor MMPB, as well as Esslemont's two books in Bantam MMPB:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 21 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#48 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

Damn that special edition GotM looks good. I'd go for the lettered DG when it comes out, but I can't wait that long so I'll probably just get the numbered again.

#49 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

That DoD really does stand out amongst the US covers... crazy Tor and their importing cover art...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#50 User is offline   NickO 

• Recruit

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Haha XD Every time I go to the local book store and see the Tor covers next to the Bamtam ones I feel a tiny shred of pity and empathy to everybody who owns the Tor covers XD They just look so freaking bad XD

This post has been edited by NickO: 28 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

#51 User is offline   Crimsonblade 

• Corporal

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 21 March 2010 - 05:28 PM, said:

With the arrival of my SFBC order last weekend, I now have the entire MBotF series in SFBC hardcover and Tor MMPB, as well as Esslemont's two books in Bantam MMPB:

Posted Image

Oooh, nice! I've been collecting the SFBC editions too. I still need GOTM, DG, and DoD. The first two are impossible to find at used bookstores, but I was able to snag 3-8.

#52 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

View PostCrimsonblade, on 05 April 2010 - 03:54 AM, said:

Oooh, nice! I've been collecting the SFBC editions too. I still need GOTM, DG, and DoD. The first two are impossible to find at used bookstores, but I was able to snag 3-8.

I managed to find 3-7 used (BH at Half Price Books, the rest cheap on eBay.) But I actually joined the SFBC just to get the others. You can get a GotM/DG bundle that counts as one book for $1 (for your introductory package) and I got TtH bundled with a Star Wars book. In fact, DoD was the only book I didn't bundle with another one for my introductory offer. (Total of 14 books for $27.)

Hopefully The Crippled God will be out within the year, so I can purchase that as part of my member commitment.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#53 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

View PostD, on 22 March 2010 - 04:17 AM, said:

That DoD really does stand out amongst the US covers... crazy Tor and their importing cover art...

Aye, I really don't understand why they didn't keep the font in line with their previous ones, even if they did use the same image.

#54 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on 05 April 2010 - 12:38 PM, said:

Aye, I really don't understand why they didn't keep the font in line with their previous ones, even if they did use the same image.

Exactly. That worked well enough for DG.

What really gets me, though, is how they started playing with the cover format with the MMPB of TtH (compare it to the other MMPBs) only to switch to the Bantam design for DoD.

#55 User is offline   Rolland 

• Recruit

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostDolorous Menhir, on 15 July 2009 - 08:46 PM, said:

Why do American edition always have such ugly cover designs? It's almost like they are trying to drive away casual browsers who might buy something that didn't have an embarassing fantasy cliche cover.

I quite like the American covers barring the 1st book...that was a bit "too" Harlequin'esk for my tastes lol

But the rest have been quite good imo
"believe in what gods you may, but Trust in cold hard steel!"

#56 User is offline   Crimsonblade 

• Corporal

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 05 April 2010 - 04:04 AM, said:

View PostCrimsonblade, on 05 April 2010 - 03:54 AM, said:

I managed to find 3-7 used (BH at Half Price Books, the rest cheap on eBay.) But I actually joined the SFBC just to get the others. You can get a GotM/DG bundle that counts as one book for $1 (for your introductory package) and I got TtH bundled with a Star Wars book. In fact, DoD was the only book I didn't bundle with another one for my introductory offer. (Total of 14 books for $27.)

Hopefully The Crippled God will be out within the year, so I can purchase that as part of my member commitment.

That's what I'd like to do, but I don't want to get caught in some subscription thing that will end up costing me a lot

#57 User is offline   Knight of Darkness 

• Knight of High House Dark

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

Here's mine:
Posted Image
'None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering -all wondering- at my secret wellspring of wisdom...'
'Let's kill him,' Crokus muttered, 'if only to put him out of our misery.'

#58 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

Lol, have you even read those books Knight? They look så new!!

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#59 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

im not gonna even bother getting a picture, I only have 5-9 hard cover. Maybe some day i'll have a collection but I didn't start buying them til the 5th book so, ehh. Oh and i have return iof the crimson guard and knight of knives.
all of them regular

This post has been edited by High Mage Quick Ben: 16 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

-

#60 User is offline   Knight of Darkness 

• Knight of High House Dark

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostSindriss, on 16 May 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lol, have you even read those books Knight? They look så new!!

The NoK and RotCG hardcovers are unread, as I just received them in the mail yesterday :)
Read the other ones though, but didn't start reading the Malazan books before last year, so they're all relatively new.
'None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering -all wondering- at my secret wellspring of wisdom...'
'Let's kill him,' Crokus muttered, 'if only to put him out of our misery.'

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users