Show off your Malazan collection! book pix plz

#81 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

And on that note, here's my completed MBotF collection of SFBC editions:

Posted Image
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#82 User is offline   Crimsonblade 

• Corporal

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

Was going to wait until my two limited copies of DG showed up, but Salt Man motivated me to do a full series shot
Posted Image

#83 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Another SFBC collector, I see! (And, hey, I didn't realize SW was out in the US yet.)
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#84 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Almost complete. Need a Crack'd Pot Trail.
Spoiler

edit: a little big on the photo size. sorry.

This post has been edited by Gust Hubb: 08 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#85 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

My haphazard collection.

Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Bonecaster 

• High Fist

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

Mine's also haphazard.

Posted Image
'All Eres were bonecasters, Trull Sengar. For they were the first to carry the spark of awareness, the first so gifted by the spirits.'

#87 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Love it. Random editions.

#88 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

SabreUr, how is the Polish translation anyway? Did you read the book in both English and Polish? I wanted to buy gardens of the moon for my cousin. He lives in Poland so obv it would be easier for him to read it in Polish. I think it would be slightly difficult for him to get through the English version.
No Touchy.

#89 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 12 June 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

I can't believe Kobayashi's the only one thus far to post a pic of a completed MBotF series set! (And yes, I've been meaning to do mine.)

You forgot me! ;)

#90 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostRhand, on 19 October 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 12 June 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

I can't believe Kobayashi's the only one thus far to post a pic of a completed MBotF series set! (And yes, I've been meaning to do mine.)

You forgot me! ;)

I did indeed! My apologies.

#91 User is offline   SabreUr 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Fencing, IIWW Reenactment, Sportshooting, ASG, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Military History of XX and XXI century

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 15 October 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

SabreUr, how is the Polish translation anyway? Did you read the book in both English and Polish? I wanted to buy gardens of the moon for my cousin. He lives in Poland so obv it would be easier for him to read it in Polish. I think it would be slightly difficult for him to get through the English version.

IMHO it is very good. I didn't read whole series in english, just some fragments - it is a little confusing, because most names were translated to Polish, and it's sometimes difficult to figure out who is who in both versions (Iskar Jarak in English, Sui Etkar in Polish, Stormy in English, Chmura in Polish (it's not direct translation) and so on. I find Polish Malazan Book Of The Fallen satisfying, nevertheless my first re-read will be in English.

I hope that helps.

This post has been edited by SabreUr: 28 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

He is one d'ivers short of a convergence.

#92 User is offline   Deck of Dragons 

• Lieutenant

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Can any of you SFBC hardcover version owners do me a favor?

1. Post a pic of one without the dust-jacket showing the spine
2. Post a pic of one without the dust-jacket showing where the pages are glued to the spine
3. Post a pic of one without the dust-jacket showing showing the interior text

Usually I hate bookclub versions, but since these are the easiest to get I am curious to the quality of the binding. I know it is less than a standard hardcover, but please post some pics.

#93 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

Okay, I grabbed DG and TtH to give a couple different looks (DG is shorter, TtH is longer.) The second picture shows the two different binding styles you'll find in the book club editions. I had at one point assumed that the top style (reminiscent of hardcovers) was used for shorter books only, but the SFBC omnibus edition of the Night Angel Trilogy is 1400 pages long and has that same style. In full disclosure, both were purchased new within the past couple years; DG has been read once, this copy of TtH has not yet been read. I have read through my SFBC editions of DoD and TCG and they look almost exactly like the brand-new TtH. I have a SFBC omnibus edition of The Book of the New Sun which was purchased used, and which I've read 4 times now; the exterior cover surfaces are showing some wear, but the pages are still in great condition. If you're kind to your club editions they should last quite a long time. Click the images for slightly larger versions:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#94 User is offline   Deck of Dragons 

• Lieutenant

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 19 January 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Okay, I grabbed DG and TtH to give a couple different looks (DG is shorter, TtH is longer.) The second picture shows the two different binding styles you'll find in the book club editions. I had at one point assumed that the top style (reminiscent of hardcovers) was used for shorter books only, but the SFBC omnibus edition of the Night Angel Trilogy is 1400 pages long and has that same style. In full disclosure, both were purchased new within the past couple years; DG has been read once, this copy of TtH has not yet been read. I have read through my SFBC editions of DoD and TCG and they look almost exactly like the brand-new TtH. I have a SFBC omnibus edition of The Book of the New Sun which was purchased used, and which I've read 4 times now; the exterior cover surfaces are showing some wear, but the pages are still in great condition. If you're kind to your club editions they should last quite a long time.

Thanks for the pics and info. You can pick up a complete SFBC set for around $90-$110 new from them depending on the sale.

#95 User is offline   T'lan Imass 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Attached File  P010212_11.29.jpg (418.93K)
Number of downloads: 4

Sorry for the photo quality.
Not possible to compete with the beasts above (limited editions and so forth), but still, they are my precious!

#96 User is offline   jp_fal 

• Recruit

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I must get a photo on here but for anybody interested I'll give you the list...ps TPB is the Trade paperback UK

Malazan Books of the Fallen

GotM - UK TPB 1st printing (2 of these, still looking for a less creased spine)

- Advance Reading Copy US TPB
- Sub Press Lettered edition
DG - UK TPB 1st printing (2 of these, bought my own copy on release. The 2nd was bought online hoping for a better quality less battered copy)
MOI - UK TPB 1st printing (dirty page edges after loaning to a biker friend, I assume he was reading during an oil change or something)
HOC - UK TPB 1st printing (originally had a 4th printing but seen a 1st in local bookshop and did a swop :()
- UK Hardcover 1st printing (bloody hard to find)
MT - UK Hardcover 1st printing
BH - UK Hardcover 1st printing
RG - UK TPB 1st printing (not sure how I ended up with this, bought on release instead of the HC which took ages to find, but...)
- UK Hardcover (was in badly bumped condition but I tidied it up a bit)
TtH - UK Hardcover 1st printing signed
DoD - UK Hardcover 1st printing
tCG - UK Hardcover 1st printing signed

Bauchelain & Korbal Broach
Blood Follows - ps pub hardcover
- ps pub uncorrected proof
Healthy Dead - ps pub hardcover
Lees of Laughters End - ps pub hardcover
Crack'd Pot Trail - Traycased
Collected stories - Hardcover (slipcase missing)

non malaz books
Devil delivered - ps pub hardcover
Fishin' Grandma Matchie - ps pub hardcover
Revolvo - ps pub hardcover

Ian Cameron Esslemont
KoK - ps pub slipcased hardcover
RotCG - ps pub slipcased 2 vol hardcover
SW - ps pub slipcased 2 vol hardcover

This post has been edited by jp_fal: 02 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

#97 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

View Postjp_fal, on 02 February 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I must get a photo on here but for anybody interested I'll give you the list...ps TPB is the Trade paperback UK

How are you only registered 2 weeks ago?! That's an impressive list.

I suppose I'd better put mine up, I'm missing a few in this shot but don't fancy getting them all out again, mostly main arc that I was lending out. And Crack'd Pot which I actually forgot where I'd put it :( The short stories are pretty much all there too although I still want Revolvo.

Posted Image
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#98 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm very jealous of some of these collections! My paperback collection is finally complete - had to wait a bit to get the US mmpb edition of TCG, so I could have them all the same size (cos the UK ones have been larger format since TtH).

Posted Image

And here they are on the shelf, along with my ICE ones and the novellas:

Posted Image

#99 User is offline   Mataglap 

• Recruit

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

To celebrate the arrival of a package from Michigan...
Attached File  MalazShelf.jpg (1.89MB)
Number of downloads: 20

#100 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Day-um!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users