• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prologue...

#341 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

QB was believed to be dead? by whom and when? i remember the others...and we've seen them alive to confirm that in any case (well...theoretically we've seen Dassem alive; we know he is anyway).

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

By Shadowthrone and Cotillion at one time as I recall :(

#343 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

really? haha oh well my bad. man, a yr and a half is too long without a re-read looks like. one is in order methinks...

anyway, away from that digression. i'm curious as to who (or what) is arriving to meet Edgewalker, Shadowthrone and mysterious figure #1 (with a mysterious hood as well! lol). so far all i seem to recall is Baruk having one carriage and the Trygalle Trade Guild having many on their insane forays through the warrens. SE gives us an ominous feeling about it, with "believe me, what's coming ain't her carriage." so i'm afire with curiosity, as i am about anything to do with our resident shadowy genius with a cane.

now, mysterious figure #2 is even more of a mystery. originally my first thought was duiker, but as SE has told us we haven't met him yet, that blew it out of the water.

i'm relatively new btw, so im probably reiterating ppl's thoughts lol. anyway, with my copy of GotM in hand, i'm going to leave and refresh my knowledge on this wonderful series - my favourite by far.

#344 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Mappo said:

QB was believed to be dead? by whom and when? i remember the others...and we've seen them alive to confirm that in any case (well...theoretically we've seen Dassem alive; we know he is anyway).

QB was believed dead by ST/ Cotillion as Hetan said... also, he was believed dead by Tayschrenn - he had been designated High Mage when fighting in Blackdog Forest but did not enjoy the spotlight - so he arranged his own 'death' and disappeared.

He mentions this to Tayschrenn in The Bonehunters I believe... pointing out that he is in fact a more senior High Mage than Tay... (don't have my book on me, but this is right before Kalam, QB etc. go investigating in the Imperial Warren)
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#345 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

yes QB was known as rule the rude in the blackdog campaign, saved tays ass then "died" in a fiery conflagration.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#346 User is offline   Bombjack 

• Recruit

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

Hi folks, sorry for a blatant repost, but I put this up in the "Message from Steve" thread (where it's fair to say it hasn't been warmly received :D) and it occurs this is really the proper spot from which it may be dismissed. Repost follows.

It seems to me the dogfight may fit as an allegory of the Genabackan campaign? In this interpretation, the foreign woman represents Laseen and her dog, Onearm's Host. The other dog is then Brood's army (or perhaps more properly, the native opposition to the Malazan army, which might be considered to include the Pannion Domin too), but I cannot for now think of who its affable and disinterested owner (who does not love or leash his dog) might represent.

The dogs fight and eventually the foreign one is killed (an admittedly imperfect analogy of the campaign's result, but close enough for me), but through her actions its owner refuses to recognise that it is dead and instead leashes it to her once more.

Assuming I'm anywhere near the right track, this still leaves a few questions, most notable that of who 'owns' the Genabackan forces? Also, if the shabby town is Genabackis, who were the garrison of three soldiers who departed long ago?

#347 User is offline   greenteam 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

hey sorry if this has been brought up before
but was re-reading memories of ice
and came across this little tidbit about kruppe and his "dance"

"carelessly constructed, kruppe allows,
yet none of you have ever seen kruppe dance!
And dance he can, with breathtaking artistry and grace."

was just wondering how important he will be to future books
and will he have a major role in the outcome of the series.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users