• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toll the Hounds Discussion Thread

#221 User is offline   powermad 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

well i realy hope there is more of kruppe and iskaral pust and tehol and i just hope they all meet up and start talking in riddles while at the same time kruppe is trying to stesl food from there bags i dont think i could stop laughing. comedy genius

#222 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

Karsa leading an army of Toblakai....
Draconus freeing himself from the sword
Caladan Brood hitting things with his hammer
Korlat and her brother catching up with Kallor
Rake blowing everybody to shit
Kruppe talking

These are the things I want

#223 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

Don't forget Traveller fighting the Seguleh.
That would be so awesome.
I wonder if Rake will fight 'his own vengeance'...
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#224 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:34 PM

I just have this thought that Rake's death....if it happens....will bring Mother Dark back...like coming to collect her son

#225 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Also...anyone know when we may see some cover art?

#226 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:30 AM

Xander;233117 said:

I just have this thought that Rake's death....if it happens....will bring Mother Dark back...like coming to collect her son

hmmm.. she didn't come for Andarist... hence, I doubt it...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#227 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:49 AM

But wasn't what happened to Andarist the reason why Rake turned his back on Mother Dark? I get the feeling he is the "prodigal son" almost...and his death could bring her back into this war

#228 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:34 AM

well for a second it looked like an intelligent convo was going on so I had hoped the prologue had been put up...alas backtracking a few pages shows this not to be true....

when apt dies he will be chillen in the darkest pits of hell with hitler, Big Bird and people who talk in the movie theatre...
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#229 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:42 AM

and Richard Simmons....a fat brittney spears and fat paris hilton fighting over a tub of butter.....and a raging case of the Herp

#230 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

xanth13;233215 said:

well for a second it looked like an intelligent convo was going on so I had hoped the prologue had been put up...alas backtracking a few pages shows this not to be true....

when apt dies he will be chillen in the darkest pits of hell with hitler, Big Bird and people who talk in the movie theatre...

Others got bored of spam for the moment and decided to start some intellectual discussion.

My question for the moment: How effective is Kallor?

#231 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

In what way? As a villain overall or fighting prowess?

#232 User is offline   Zendog13 

• Ale House Regular
  • Dulce et decorum est pro natura mori.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

How effective? Well, lets see...apart from killing a tired, chronically injured WJ and 2 unsuspecting marines, making snide comments and inhaling smoke from candles made from the ear-wax of an underwater worm of dubious origin....well...he only enslaved and then destroyed an entire continent. No biggie. Actually I cant say I like him all that much but he does make a pretty good villain. I do want to see his demise, in a draw out, painfull way.

#233 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

Well, my new favorite theory is that the magic power we saw him use to incapacitate Tay and Korlat, destroy the qurrels and survive his wounds, were in fact his own power.

The CG only helped him escape.

#234 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:19 PM

Aptorian;233327 said:

Well, my new favorite theory is that the magic power we saw him use to incapacitate Tay and Korlat, destroy the qurrels and survive his wounds, were in fact his own power.

The CG only helped him escape.

Not sure i agree with that one but it is a good theory, i always thought it was the CG power as Kallor Crys for aid and there just so happens to be chaotic power in the mix that whisks him away.

But we will see.
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#235 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

True but it is only after Tay recovers and start pummeling him with sunfire that he calls for help, perhaps it was only then that the CG interfers. The argument being if the CG had already given him power, a person like Korlat or Silverfox would have seen/felt the power infused by the CG.

#236 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

I meant our Kallor, I want this prologue now!

#237 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:04 PM

LMAO...holy shit that's funny.

Kallor HAS to have some sort of abilities beyond a normal person...how else did he enslave an entire continent? Maybe he used KCCM technology he unearthed...but I'd say the CG has definitely given him some new abilities...prob not magic though...he despises that

#238 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

Xander;233605 said:

Kallor HAS to have some sort of abilities beyond a normal person...how else did he enslave an entire continent? Maybe he used KCCM technology he unearthed...but I'd say the CG has definitely given him some new abilities...prob not magic though...he despises that

The MoI prologue says he won his empire through his prowess as a warrior. He almost certainly used KCCM devices to destroy that empire. During the fight against Whiskeyjack he used mundane fighting techniques. The burst of chaos that disabled the mages almost certainly came from the CG, as did the teleport out of there when Kallor was about to buy it.

There's no reason to think Kallor has any magical skills at all. He's a warrior and a military commander, and that's all.

The obvious thing to point here is his cursing of the three Elder Gods in the MoI prologue. I don't have any simple explanation for that, but I don't think it proves that Kallor has some personal magical powers. It was a one-off of some kind.

#239 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

his ability to curse the three EGs comes from the most ancient power of all--power of blood. Essentially, he ordered X million (billion?) ppl of Jakurucu to commit suicide in his name. By obeying his wish, their deaths became a sacrifice to him as a god, and thus, he gained the untold power that came from their belief. He used all of it in ongo to curse the three EGs. aside from that, he has no magic.
At the end of MoI, all the warrens were still poisoned by the CG, so Tay and Korlat couldn't help WJ. Silverfox couldn't summon the T'lan Ay, b/c they abandoned her, like the T'lan Imass said they would when she refused to release them at Capustan. I think it might also have had somthing to do with the fact that at that point Togg inside Toc's body was almost dead...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#240 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

It was six million I believe.

Kallor wasn't an ascendant, and the beliefs we've held her for years have been:
A God has to be an ascendant BUT an ascendant is not always a god.

If that assumption holds your suggestion can't. I don't have a definitive point on this issue at the moment.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users