• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toll the Hounds Discussion Thread

#281 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

yeah i have also wondered about who is going to succeed Laseen. If Kallor truly thinks he can regain his lost position as all powerful ruler...he definitely has to have some hidden/secret abilities...I'm really hoping for more of his POV in this next book.

#282 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

Of course Kallor could lead the Malazan Empire. If his boasting is anything to go by, he's lead armies of a hundred thousand, ruled more than one empire and is a tactical genious and a supreme fighter.

The question is how he would keep his throne, since 20 different powers would probably arise to kick him off the throne again.

#283 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

Exactly! So what does Kallor hope to gain that will enable him to stay in power? I mean assuming that ascending will give him more power...that still wouldn't be enough to fight off all the peeps Apt mentions...

Kallor has got to be planning something that will get rid of A LOT of powers

#284 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:19 AM

Xander;234252 said:

Exactly! So what does Kallor hope to gain that will enable him to stay in power? I mean assuming that ascending will give him more power...that still wouldn't be enough to fight off all the peeps Apt mentions...

Kallor has got to be planning something that will get rid of A LOT of powers

Planning? Like getting them all killed in a war with the CG...:) :heyhey:

EDIT: i mean he was indirectly the cause of the CG being pulled down... its all in his master plan, killing his empire, the chaining, the curses, and the killing of all ascendants muhahaha.../end crazy rant

though it would be ironic for the gods/adcenants to be killed by the very tool ment to kill Kallor.
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#285 User is offline   Kalahinen 

• Sotijalo

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

I can see Kallor's spirit rising over his dead body and saying (to quote the arch-enemy of Silver Dragon Ninja) :
" This is just a physical death...and it means NOTHING AT ALL!!! Some day I'll rise up again, like a spirit of the Kallorean Empire, that exists everywhere - AND SURVIVE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! "

For the original: http://www.malazanworld.com/forums/showthr...4352#post234352

#286 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

*Grunt* *Gasp* (pulls thread back on topic)

I was looking at recent threads and realized that we are seriously running out of things to discuss to death and nitpick on the main sequence. Activity in Discussions and Other Fantasy and TV and Movies etc. is beginning to outpace the discussion on things MBoTF. NoK, the B&KB novellas etc have little activity on their boards too.

Since the anticipation for RG/ the release/ the aftermath, anyone notice that the RG forum has dried up a wee bit (we finished discussing most topics)... Sure, the occasional noob will post a "Traveller = Dassem" or "what's on Tavore's mind" or "KCCM/ KCNR" thread, but we are fresh out of apples to convert to cider.

All that of course was lead up for an ardent early christmas gift request...

Give us the prologue!!! :)
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#287 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

So if Icarium, Rake, Karsa and Greymane had a fight, who would win????

- Abyss, ....what?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#288 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

sky_walker;234365 said:

*Grunt* *Gasp* (pulls thread back on topic)

I was looking at recent threads and realized that we are seriously running out of things to discuss to death and nitpick on the main sequence. Activity in Discussions and Other Fantasy and TV and Movies etc. is beginning to outpace the discussion on things MBoTF. NoK, the B&KB novellas etc have little activity on their boards too.

Since the anticipation for RG/ the release/ the aftermath, anyone notice that the RG forum has dried up a wee bit (we finished discussing most topics)... Sure, the occasional noob will post a "Traveller = Dassem" or "what's on Tavore's mind" or "KCCM/ KCNR" thread, but we are fresh out of apples to convert to cider.

All that of course was lead up for an ardent early christmas gift request...

Give us the prologue!!! :)

Yeah, this is the way it was last year aswell. It peaked when we got the prologue for RG and then it rose again when we got the actual book.

When the new stuff arives new readers join and ask the same old questions and the old people get all flustered because their favorite theory they've been nurturing since DG was published, is suddenly disproved, etc. etc.

Luckily we have Cerveza to start a couple of threads in RG every week.

#289 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Abyss;234371 said:

- Abyss, ....what?

It depends who had the greatest air speed velocity going into the fight. We all know Greymane is the best anyway so there's no need to dispute this.

#290 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

Aptorian;234372 said:

Luckily we have Cerveza to start a couple of threads in in RG every week.

Hehe...

What the crap will Cerveza post next? :)
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#291 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

Rake would win :)

Now if Karsa has the same leaping ability the Incredible Hulk has....

#292 User is offline   Kalahinen 

• Sotijalo

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

Maybe they could add some character info's to the last books, to answer questions like these:

How much can Karsa lift?
Who is stronger, Karsa or Caladan Brood?

Hulk!

#293 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

Well we still don't really know all of Brood's racial makeup do we...Barghast...human...what else?

I'd love to see a prequel book about Brood in his younger years

#294 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

Xander;234512 said:

Well we still don't really know all of Brood's racial makeup do we...Barghast...human...what else?

I'd love to see a prequel book about Brood in his younger years

back when it was young Caladan Cheer?

#295 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:11 AM

nice...corny...but nice *reps*

There has to be something to ties Brood, Rake, Osserc and their other "companions" as they are mentioned in one of the books. Brood and Rake have apparently gone through everything...the highs..the lows...the women

#296 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:41 AM

True, that would be an interesting read, how slightly younger rake/brood battled evil dragons and destroyed the one ring or some such thing...

maybe we will get lucky and after the main series we will get a Rake and Brood spin off...hooray...

#297 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

something titled Portrait of a Demon Killer: The Blood Drinking Years :)
~Anomander's Tale

Kallor: The Geriatric Times :banana:

#298 User is offline   q21 

• Condemned of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

Abyss;234371 said:

- Abyss, ....what?

Obviously Wolverine wins.
Flying Monkeys definitely win.

#299 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

In the next book I'd like to see a series of events between Karsa and Brood aimed at determining the strongest: Atlas stones, dead lift, holding a couple of hammers at arms length for the longest time, walking round a sand circle carrying a bemused K'Chain Matron in a basket, dragging B&KBs house sized carriage down a track in the fastest possible time, that kind of thing.
I AM A TWAT

#300 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

look, folks, i know y'all think i'm ignoring you, but i'm not ... i, mal, hetan and the other advance readers have all been sworn to absoloute secrecy regarding 'Toll' ... you know i'd like nothing more than to abuse you with leading tidbits, but, alas ... i'm even losing sleep over my restraint ...

i have asked or the prologue and been advised that there are ... wait for it ... timeline issues ...

in the meantime, perhaps y'all might keep track of the kosovo independence issue ... which, if nato goes through with, may have russian troops fighting nato ones and thus gore and his good intentions may becomne irrelevant ...

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users