• You cannot reply to this topic

Publishing in US

#21 User is offline   no_survivors 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Cats, reading, guitar and cats

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

Ah OK. Thanks!
See ten thousand ministries, See the holy rightous dogs.
They claim to heal, but all they do is steal, Abuse your faith, cheat, and rob.
~ God was Never on your Side, Lemmy Kilmister

#22 User is offline   jasewell 

• Recruit

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Night Shades website has updated that The Lees will be coming out on April 15, 2009.

#23 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

yeah i've paid the money already, or at least given them approval to charge my c/c when it does come out. i did this back in january when i expected it at the end of the month. book is now expected on may 30th. fingers crosses they hold to this date though...

#24 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:04 AM

Website now says June 3rd.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#25 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:21 AM

View Postchthonian, on May 10 2009, 04:47 AM, said:

yeah i've paid the money already, or at least given them approval to charge my c/c when it does come out. i did this back in january when i expected it at the end of the month. book is now expected on may 30th. fingers crosses they hold to this date though...

I did the same thing and then sent follow-up emails. Someone got back to me with an April 15th release date. Evidentally that has changed. Still waiting. :)

#26 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on May 18 2009, 01:04 PM, said:

Website now says June 3rd.

I can deal with it being pushed back only a few days, thats just an issue with getting copies to stores more than likely. When it gets pushed back by a month, 3 or 4 times in a row, is when it hurts...

#27 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

June 3rd has passed, its still listed as June 3rd, and yet when I email there contact line they don't get back to me... not even a "Sorry about all the delays you've experienced James, its going to be mailed out in a couple of days. Please hold out just this bit longer..."

Pleh.

#28 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

If you can wait until September, Tor will be releasing the omnibus edition stateside, in trade paperback.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#29 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on Jun 18 2009, 02:21 AM, said:

If you can wait until September, Tor will be releasing the omnibus edition stateside, in trade paperback.

I have the other 2 released to date... just wanted some coherance in my series and its taking forever and a day... ;)

#30 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

So here were are in July, and still no book. Getting rather irritated and might see if I can cancel and go for the Tor edition. :huh:

#31 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

View Postmurphy72, on Jul 5 2009, 04:12 AM, said:

So here were are in July, and still no book. Getting rather irritated and might see if I can cancel and go for the Tor edition. :wallbash:

i hear what your saying mate

#32 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

wish there was a rep from nightshade books here on these forums... tell us what on earth is going on.

edit: spelling

This post has been edited by chthonian: 25 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

#33 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

I sent Nightshade books an email saying that if they didn't ship the book this week, they could cancel the order. The next day I was sent a confirmation number for the book that is now in the mail and on the way. Finally!

#34 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

I saw Lees sitting on the shelf at Barnes & Noble today. Those of you who haven't gotten your books may want to just cancel your order and pick the book up yourself.

#35 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

In checking B & N in the LA area, the books are listed in stock all over the place. ;)

#36 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

View Postmurphy72, on Aug 7 2009, 01:26 AM, said:

I sent Nightshade books an email saying that if they didn't ship the book this week, they could cancel the order. The next day I was sent a confirmation number for the book that is now in the mail and on the way. Finally!

guess i'ma have a look around melbourne (australia) for it, and if not i'll do things your way murphy. :ermm:

#37 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

View Postchthonian, on Aug 8 2009, 01:52 AM, said:

View Postmurphy72, on Aug 7 2009, 01:26 AM, said:

guess i'ma have a look around melbourne (australia) for it, and if not i'll do things your way murphy. :ermm:

You'd be better off ordering it from The Book Depository. Free shipping worldwide.

My copy arrived today. It's a very small book, but they packaged it in a very large box. ;)

This post has been edited by murphy72: 09 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

#38 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

Quality over quantity ;)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#39 User is offline   Lousy 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

I've got a ? that may be a bit OT, but does relate to the novellas ... in what format did they first appear? I've been wiki'ing around, and see that they have come out in book form previously, but was that their first appearance? Or did they originally appear in some SF/F periodical? Tnx

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users