• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anomander Rake

#21 User is offline   sundaymonkey 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Doesn't Rhulad have to sort-of physically manifest in the CG's pocket warren in order to retrieve the sword from the CG? If Dragnipur exerts its energies to prevent this, it would all come down to what was more powerful; the Elder magics woven into Draconus' sword, or the CG's link to Rhulad.

Roll those dice.

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Imnsho, the fundamental point is given the link between Rhulad and the CG's power, if Rhulad's soul ends up in Dragnipur, then perhaps the CG has a link there too, and that just can't be good.

Draconus told Paran in MoI that the sword had to be broken because it was actually drawing KG/Mommy D/something closer to chaos, presumably via the KC Matrons' death spell ref's in MT. Maybe the link between the sword and KG and/or Mommy D is actually a significant vulnerability the Cg wants to exploit.

- Abyss, then again, could be full of bhehedrin poo.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   Clip 

• Archaeologist

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

The reason why Drakonus says the sword had to be shattered was because it was drawing darkness on a flight from Chaos while before Darkness was migrating by itself on its own path.

And also since when have we suddeny decided that Rake will kill Rhulad, or even show up in Reapers Gale. Having two of the sons of Darkness in one place, in the same book seems kind of like overkill.

And If darkness has to flee from chaos then I would think that Chaos would have to be more powerful than everything else, just difficult to control.
Eyes like moonlight on barbed wire

#24 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

Draconus told Paran in MoI that the sword had to be broken

He would, though, wouldn't he.;)

#25 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

@Clip: Well, we had Ruin and Scabby (Mommy D is his mom, before anyone rushes to point out he's aspected to Shadow) in the same place in the MT prologue and look how that turned out. :p
And we haven't "decided" anything. We're brainstorming/theorizing/bullsh!t!ng. Like about 90% of the book thread on this forum. ;)

@SMongoose - That he would. Because it's ALL part of his diabolical master plan. Mwa hah ha ha haaaaa... :D

- Abyss, needs to work on the evil foreboding laugh thing.

#26 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

Rake's crew is bounding in to the fight, but I wouldn't count on the Edur being alone, and remember, they don't fight fair.

Rake could get poked in the eye whilst he's combing his hair, unprepared. If Rhulad Sengar is getting stronger with every fight, then one must assume that he is far more powerful than he was when Iron Bars spammed him to death and Beddict taught him a lesson in swordplay. If he takes any of these warriors' skills -- assuming that he must learn from those warriors that have defeated him -- and adding those skills to others he has aquired since, he may well be a foe capable of deafeating Rake himself.

Ok, maybe not, but he's going to be hard, and he's got the twisted warlock to back him up, and Bloodeye, if he can escape the Jaghut's grasp ...

I can't wait, yet I must.

#27 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

Abyss: do we know Scabby is a immediate child of Mother Dark?

If he took power by assassinating the Edur royal family, then that would suggest that he was just a normal Edur beforehand - it seems natural to think the royals were the direct descendants of Mother Dark. (Scabby's Soletaken nature being separate from his parentage).

#28 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:32 AM

sundaymonkey;151321 said:

That's what I thought, and given that he chose to make the Edur such an Anomanderphobic threat in the first place, it certainly looks like the CG wants to goad Rake into having to use Dragnipur.

Which makes me wonder if Rake will risk laying the sword aside when he takes on Rhulad. Even without Dragnipur, he was one of the most powerful Ascendants around. Hell, he can just veer into dragon form and eat him. But then Rhulad's body would be trying to resurrect from inside Kurald Galain - not a good idea.

Rake's a bit f*#$3d on this one, isn't he?

Of course, he could just cut Rhulad's hand off first. He seems to like stealing swords.

#29 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:22 AM

Moreover, just as Dragnipur creates a vulnerablility in terms of access to KG, so too does Rhulad's sword: It creates an access to the Crippled God.

Buddhacat

#30 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

sort of a double edged sword really :D ;)

Anyway. Is any sure that the warren in Dragnipur isnt simply the realm of the tiste andii. The true realm. Still KG but in the way KT has Kurald Liosan. Maybe a a K andii? It seems possible. Maybe the 'battle' version of KG is now used because of Krul but there realm is being hunted by choas and thats whats in the sword. Possibly 2 realms of Andii.

#31 User is offline   Bl1nder 

• Fist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

So, when did we abandon the idea that Karsa or Icarium will kill Rhuald and moved to Rake ;)? Anyway I doubt Rake will show up in RG, since he did agree with that elders goddes to keep the throne unoccupied, and they are repairing that warren, so I would think he will be absent
I have stolen princesses from sleeping barrow kings
I have burned the town of Trebon
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life
I was expelled from the University at a younger age most people are allowed in
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during the day
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make minstrels cry
You may have heard of me....

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

Dolorous Menhir;151343 said:

Abyss: do we know Scabby is a immediate child of Mother Dark?

If he took power by assassinating the Edur royal family, then that would suggest that he was just a normal Edur beforehand - it seems natural to think the royals were the direct descendants of Mother Dark. (Scabby's Soletaken nature being separate from his parentage).

We don't for certain, no, but Buruk seems to have thought so... as Scabby is on the draconean family tree, derived from Father Light and Mommy D.

Now i don't discount the possibility that that's all a load of pr bs Scabby spread around, but he does seem to be on par with Ruin and the other 'elder' draconean Tiste we've seen, right down to getting his freak on with Tiam.

- Abyss, doesn't take trees at face... ummm... trunk value.

#33 User is offline   sundaymonkey 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

Bl1nder;151427 said:

So, when did we abandon the idea that Karsa or Icarium will kill Rhuald and moved to Rake :D? Anyway I doubt Rake will show up in RG, since he did agree with that elders goddes to keep the throne unoccupied, and they are repairing that warren, so I would think he will be absent

Rake and Killimandros waged their war inside Kurald Emurlahn hundreds of thousands of years before the events of RG.

And given that the CG has chosen the Tiste Edur to be his main army, Rake has got to at least suspect that putting Rhulad on the Throne of a reunited Kurald Emurlahn is part of the CG's plan.

BTW, Karsa and Icarium might well be on their way to challenge Rhulad, but everything we've learned about Rake's personality through the novels more or less demands that he's going to lay down some judgement on the Edur sooner or later. Rhulad's challenge alone should be enough to prick Rake's ego. This is, after all, the guy who refused to turn away from the individual challenges thrown his way by the entire Segulah nation until he a) Got a bit bored, and ;) Realised he'd have to commit genocide before they stopped coming.

I'd imagine that Rake would see killing Rhulad as an obvious responsibility for the leader of the Tiste Andii. Just one of the jobs that comes with the title.

#34 User is offline   Clip 

• Archaeologist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

Battalion;151339 said:

Ok, maybe not, but he's going to be hard, and he's got the twisted warlock to back him up, and Bloodeye, if he can escape the Jaghut's grasp ...

I can't wait, yet I must.

I kind of doubt that The Warlock King is really going to help Rhulad to retain his throne, he didnt help him against Brys...

And Bloodeye is dead, his body has been destroyed and his power and soul is in a finnest is it not?

buddhacat;151395 said:

Moreover, just as Dragnipur creates a vulnerablility in terms of access to KG, so too does Rhulad's sword: It creates an access to the Crippled God.

Thankyou!!! ;) at last someone else says it!!! :folken:
As Ive said on many other threads the way to kill Rhulad would be to stop him from getting the sword and ressurecting, while he's inside the CG's realm.

And since Rhulad ressurects when he gets the sword from within the CG's realm, if Anomander kills him he'll probably just appear within Dragnipur and without the ability to ressurect, and if that happens the CG will just discard him.

#35 Guest_Maybe_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Is Rhulad totally beyond help? I mean, it's clear that everyone else is out to kill him or otherwise topple him and the CG from their stranglehold on the entire continent of Lether but Fear and maybe even Trull would still try and save him once they've achieved their current goals (of reviving Scabby and living to see the back of ST respectively).

I guess I'm not asking if there's ever going to be a happy ending for Momma Sengar's brattiest boy (because I doubt it) but is his soul going to be bound to the CG's unpleasant fate when the rest of the world cripples him further? Or is there a chance that his chains really could be broken and he might find death at last and end his madness?

Or is the only change going to be who's holding the end of his chain?(Dragnipur, Hood, hideous 3rd option...)

#36 User is offline   Clip 

• Archaeologist

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

I like the questions but I doubt that any one here can give any sort of answers that actually have a proper meaning, all we do here is speculate.

#37 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

clip;151748 said:

I like the questions but I doubt that any one here can give any sort of answers that actually have a proper meaning, all we do here is speculate.

and interesting speculations! Rake killing Rhulad... now that's something I've never thought of before. I just thought we might be seeing Rake soon as he's been absent for a few books.

#38 User is offline   Bluerose Rider 

• Recruit

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Didn't Rake give up Dragnipur in MoI to Kallor? So even if he does show up in Lether to fight the Edur, trapping Rhulad in the sword isn't an option unless Kallor does it. So if he shows up in Lether he'll have to fight in more "regular" means.. as Rake goes anyways, which might make for a better fight then just using Dragnipur to end it in one stab.

#39 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

No Rake did not relinquish Dragnipur to Kallor, I dont think he'd willingly give it to anyone- it contains a gate to KG, after all.

#40 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

Bluerose Rider;153419 said:

Didn't Rake give up Dragnipur in MoI to Kallor? So even if he does show up in Lether to fight the Edur, trapping Rhulad in the sword isn't an option unless Kallor does it. So if he shows up in Lether he'll have to fight in more "regular" means.. as Rake goes anyways, which might make for a better fight then just using Dragnipur to end it in one stab.

Um, "he has earned Dragnipur" means that Rake is going to kill him with it, not gift it to him. Ha.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users