Posted 03 December 2021 - 10:43 PM

Bought this (vocals in Elvish, supposedly---Quenya? Sindarin? Welsh? IDK):

Considering this one:

#11902 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2021 - 10:10 PM

Grimes descends even deeper into cringe:

Is Musk's influence making her swerve towards crappy techno, as well as smhb (shaking my head barfing) lyrics?

Really hope she beheads him for the Singularity. (Well, maybe not really... will be more fun if she flays his face first.)

Next to that this is a (slight) step (back) up:

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 December 2021 - 10:10 PM

#11903 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 December 2021 - 10:53 PM

I'm not fond of either one, but Player of Games in particular is so lazy and tuneless it's insulting.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11904 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:09 PM

I was listening to Latino USA and they had a segment about Bedroom Pop and an interview with one of the prominent artists (Victor Internet) representing the genre. I didn't know what it was, but was intrigued. It's allright/so-so, not sure if I would delve more into though.

https://www.google.c...+is+bedroom+pop

#11905 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:45 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 December 2021 - 09:09 PM, said:

I was listening to Latino USA and they had a segment about Bedroom Pop and an interview with one of the prominent artists (Victor Internet) representing the genre. I didn't know what it was, but was intrigued. It's allright/so-so, not sure if I would delve more into though.

Wonder what microphone that is. Sounds a bit like:

Slate VMS modeling system emulation of ELAM 251. I've been considering it while it's on sale ($500 instead of $800). Interesting emulations of U47, C800 etc. too. Here's a blind shoot-out of Slate vs. Sphere (higher end emulation) vs. original microphone (vintage tube microphone, each one sounds a bit different) vs recent clone:

Slate sounds thinner---less saturated and less spread out, transients not softened as much. Sphere is a better emulation in those regards, but I actually like the timbre of the Slate 251 a lot. Plus Slate has a model of a different 251 with more saturation in their Blackbird Studios expansion, though that's another $200 (might go on sale at some point for $100 again).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 10 December 2021 - 04:31 AM

#11906 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 December 2021 - 09:00 PM

#11907 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 December 2021 - 09:03 PM

#11908 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 31 December 2021 - 07:49 PM

Might buy this (AI vocalist sings anything you type / whatever you want):

#11909 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:52 AM

Finally got around to buying the new version of this on sale (drums used in a large number of films, games, etc. over the last decade+):

Also upgraded to Iron 2 (virtual guitarist):

#11910 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 January 2022 - 01:57 AM

New sci-fi fantasy video for Player of Games + Angels something something veers between unintentionally hilarious (most of it) and (visually) awesome (sometimes both at once). Second song is better musically (though lyrics are meh):

PoG is definitely one of those songs that work better as the backdrop for a video that keeps your (conscious) attention away from the music.

Musk as an empty suit of armor? Fitting....

#11911 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:55 AM

This song is so delightful:

https://youtu.be/I04cDyVbTbM
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#11912 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 January 2022 - 10:29 AM

Band-Maid - "Cartharsis" - Acoustic version from the live stream they did on Christmas Day - without the maid costumes

#11913 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 January 2022 - 06:52 PM

AI sings 'Let it go' in 25 different languages (currently still in closed beta, but I'm thinking of buying this):

#11914 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 January 2022 - 04:53 PM

Bought this recently (virtual instrument/sample library performed by Mongolian composer, morin khuur player, and singer/throat singer Bukhu Ganburged):

Here's one of his songs:

His Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....lpMCMYF7HRyD5DA

The morin khuur, 'also known as the horsehead fiddle, is [...] is one of the most important musical instruments of the Mongol people, and [...] a symbol of the nation of Mongolia. The morin khuur is one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity identified by UNESCO.

[...] Many Mongolians have the instrument in their home because it is a symbol for peace and happiness.

During the winter time, but also at the beginning of the spring time, a morin khuur player is called in for the "жавар үргээх", the "ceremony for scaring away the frost".''

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Morin_khuur

#11915 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:27 AM

What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You

#11916 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:09 PM

#11917 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 January 2022 - 01:31 AM

All sounds synthesized from cat noises (of course I already have this library and every other virtual cat instrument I know of):

#11918 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 January 2022 - 08:34 PM

'Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market. Even worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking.

Those who make a living from new music—especially that endangered species known as the working musician—should look at these figures with fear and trembling. [...] All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

The 200 most popular new tracks now regularly account for less than 5 percent of total streams. That rate was twice as high just three years ago. The mix of songs actually purchased by consumers is even more tilted toward older music. The current list of most-downloaded tracks on iTunes is filled with the names of bands from the previous century[...]

[...] the youngster at the cash register was singing along with Sting on "Message in a Bottle" (a hit from 1979) as it blasted on the radio. [...] local diner[...] entire staff was under 30 but every song was more than 40 years old. [...]

Never before in history have new tracks attained hit status while generating so little cultural impact. In fact, the audience seems to be embracing the hits of decades past instead. Success was always short-lived in the music business, but now even new songs that become bona fide hits can pass unnoticed by much of the population.

Only songs released in the past 18 months get classified as "new" [...] so people could conceivably be listening to a lot of two-year-old songs[...] But I doubt these old playlists consist of songs from the year before last. Even if they did, that fact would still represent a repudiation of the pop-culture industry, which is almost entirely focused on what's happening right now.

Every week I hear from hundreds of publicists, record labels, band managers, and other professionals who want to hype the newest new thing. Their livelihoods depend on it. The entire business model of the music industry is built on promoting new songs. As a music writer, I'm expected to do the same, as are radio stations, retailers, DJs, nightclub owners, editors, playlist curators, and everyone else with skin in the game. [...]

[...] musicians would probably do better getting placement in Fortnite than signing a record deal in 2022. At least they would have access to a growing demographic.

Some would like to believe that this trend is just a short-term blip, perhaps caused by the pandemic. When clubs open up again, and DJs start spinning new records at parties, the world will return to normal, or so we're told. The hottest songs will again be the newest songs. I'm not so optimistic.

[...] The pandemic is [...] hardly the only contributor to the growing crisis.'

https://www.theatlan...w-music/621339/

Not only killing new music, but mutilating it and trying to impregnate the corpse with rotting zombies (aka lofi?...) (or at best, zombie-chimeras that can't mutate enough to escape the zombie roots)?... But the rotting is so beautiful, so deep, so wide....

Guess the 'old music' that's popular rarely goes further back than the 50's or 60's, with the possible exception of the most famous (not necessarily the best) works by long dead Western 'classical' composers (more because of misguided ideas about Western 'classical' being unusually good for studying or brain enhancement or the epitome of being cultured, and because of their fame or easy recognizability rather than because they're better than all the other options). I'd be happily surprised by a resurgence in popularity of the best of ancient music, which could indicate listeners are becoming more discerning (small chance of that? but more discerning relative to how they'd been...).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 January 2022 - 08:35 PM

#11919 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 February 2022 - 12:18 AM

Two new tri-lingual AI (will sing any words in English, Mandarin, or Japanese) virtual singers for Synthesizer V:

#11920 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 February 2022 - 02:58 AM

Ryo in English:

They're still working on reducing his Japanese accent, but I do like it as it is---sounds like J-Rock.

Share this topic:

• 612 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users