• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New RPG

#141 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

@KaL - how does your character know about the Lauren mage?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#142 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

A question my characters were going to ask

#143 Guest_KaL_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

He doesn't know, he has suspicions and those are based on what his own inner seeking mage has told him, I didn't make it obvious enough I guess but Eriles (the lower mage with Teis) has been sickly due to an increased level of sensitivity to the outward ability of the man of power. Hence why I mentioned that she had seemed paler then normal and that she was with Teis rather then his sworn bodyguard.

She has alert Teis to her suspicions that something of great power that is possibly magical is causing to feel quite ill. As I would expect ordinary mages would feel towards the outward power mages.

I'd actually like the question to be asked because my character doesn't wish to reveal his current plans surrounding the mages.

#144 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

I like how you add details like the mages being sick and all. Such elaboration is mostly welcome :D Good answer btb

#145 User is offline   Valgard 

• Bored Microbiologist (not a good combination)

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

@ Illyunkas just to say had to change the background slightly to match the no armies now so I infact tend to train more archers from the river lands, the pikemen are in fact the normal troops of the legion, any though archers are not so useful in the mountains as mass fire power is much harder there.

#146 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

can those of you who have not posted your houses relations with the other houses please do so. Or give some indication of your houses plan. Need it to plan possible plots without contradicting or getting in your way

#147 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

Here is my additions to my house relation list, adding Orthus and Sorus, (its on page nine for reference)

Orthus- The other Northern house. Common Kios feeling is that they should have long fallen, and their interests in industries similar to Kios' means that there is no love lost between the two houses. Bravga himself is ambivalent about Orthus, but others feel different.

Sorus- Though willing to trade with Sorus, the common consensus from Kios is that the Pirate House has no class.

#148 Guest_KaL_*

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

Kios - Passing interest due to trade conflicts, nothing overwhelmingly threatening with a potential alliance on the rise due to house Khrorozor's growing influence.

Ryker- Teis himself is somewhat sceptical of the qualifications that House Ryker has and it's unmistakable influence in the miltary has Kaltita somewhat concerned. Ironically strong personal relationships exist between the fighting forces of Ryker and Kalitia which make matters complicated at best.

Tredenes-Largely unknown to Tredenes, agents of Kalitia are among it's major exporters of its produce. Aside from this little realised fact there is a large bridge of indifference between houses.

Dranwreaker- An old grudge between the houses keeps relationships largely forced. Traburk (Teis's great great Grandfather) accidently was caught with a large hull of smuggled goods sailing through the Dranwreaker river network, however after the ship was seized the ship was then seized by imperial forces shortly after and due to perversive diplomacy House Dranwreaker was blamed and chastised for the attempted smuggling effectively ceasing all but tentative relations between the houses.

Screlogue-A strong bond exists between these two houses as Kalitian lords have often used the Screlogue intelligence networks in exchange for market speculation advice and the use of Kalitian land as occasional training grounds for Screlogues other practices.

Khrorozor-Relationships are tottering and preparing to fall between these houses as Teis is deeply fascinated in magery and feels threatened by Khrorozors continued attempts to monopolise the north entirely.

Falona- Due to Kalitia's near luxuary market monopoly of the past and continued strength good relationships were struck with Falona to be one of the few supplies of Paracas to the nobility. Due to constant exchanges in the past the houses relationship remains resonably strong.

Orthus- Largly indifferent to the Orthus, Kalitia keeps a watchful eye on them yet remains passive.

Sorus- In more nefarious times Kalitia had stronger relationships with Sorus though these have fallen into disuse though a bond of sorts still exists.

If anyone dislikes what I've said or suggested just say and I'll see about a revision.

#149 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

Right forgot to ask. Can we please give the north a name. Its annoying calling the north the barbarians and whatever else we can think off etc.

@Kal-what do you mean by qualifications? Otherwise it seems fine. And what troops does your house have?

#150 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

wrote this post while being sick, hope it doesn't show :D

#151 Guest_KaL_*

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:52 PM

It means whether Teis believes you're fit to have the influence in the miltary that you do.

My house troops are a resonable complament of swordsmen, archers, not the most of any house by far but enough to be respectable.

Hey if no ones claimed them I wouldn't mind having skill at training Cavalary forces and convert my lands into a more open plains place to justify that. Since I've noticed we don't seem to have much cavalry soliders listed up.

#152 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:40 PM

Another sterling post Morgoth, is there going to be any explanation for the Bad Assness of the Imperial Guards, or will that be revealed as the story progresses?

Some other questions;
- Does the Emperor have a name?
- Does the Empire have a name?
- Does the Island have a name?

#153 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

The Emperor? Hm, I never thought of that... He's been the emperor for +- 5000 years, so for all others he is just named Emperor or perhaps Justice.. I'll have to think on his actual name :p

The Empire? .. Hm, same thing really.. The romans never considered their empire the Roman empire but the Empire... or so I was lead to understand.. The continent is named Morinn, if that helps.

As to the Island. No it does not have a name. It's the Capital or just the Island. It might have had one once, but after several thousand years, well, things change and now it is just that.

Hope you don't mind my sterling posts.. Erm.. I tend to write this way, throwing a whole bunch of balls into the air hoping I manage to catch about half.. If this bothers anyone I can cut a bit more through if you wish. And yes, I was planning to explain the bodyguards as the story progress :D

#154 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:23 AM

And yeah, my appologies. I was supposed to make a much loner post yesterday, but my creativity went into a bucket together with my breakfast and guts, so I'll try to remedy things today

#155 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

The north dammit what is the name of the north

#156 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

Bargath after the mountainrange .. Happy now, Cause? :D

#157 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

yes. The rage is lessening. Sorry Just been asking that for a while. Was just playing in the post above

#158 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

Rage hum? Try counting to ten, that works I'm told. Do a dance, have a whisky, fall asleep in the gutter somwhere. You won't really get in a better mood the following day, but at least you wont be able to muster enough energy for rage :D

#159 User is offline   councilor 

• High Fist

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:53 AM

sorry i haven't been able to post...
like i said before...
my comp has managed to go belly up...
scrapped together a new comp recently...
so i'll see what i can do...

by the way...
would it be bad manners to make two posts in a row...
Question:

Does being the only sane person in the world make you insane?

If a tree falls in the woods and a deaf person saw it, does it make a sound?

#160 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:45 AM

no, but you could just edit your first and add it in

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users