• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#301 User is offline   Demon X 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

polishgenius;124992 said:

Because Karsa's Karsa, not some puny demon or dragon or whatever.
>_>
Bit unfair to dismiss something as a stupid theory because you've decided to ignore the part where he's dragging a bunch of souls around, which is a completely unknown factor.

Oh my God. Your post is after making something click in my head. What if Karsa is going to take Hoods place as the new God of death?? He certainly seems to be carrying around alot of souls that need a place to stay!!

#302 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:49 PM

Why didn't Samar Dev notice the chained souls? If anyone would have in RG, it would be her. Unless it came up in a sentence I've forgotten. Perhaps he released them already?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#303 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

At a guess, Samar Dev, while a powerful witch, is not Thelomen, nor ascendent, nor otherwise empowered beyond a normal human. Iirc, only Mappo, Sha'ik and Heboric actually mention seeing the souls, although that's an off the cuff recollection with no reading to back it up.

- Abyss, likes french cuffs.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#304 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:56 AM

perhaps she did notice it but never said anything. karsa is odd and scary enough she might have intentionally ignored that fact.

#305 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

I'm pretty sure we'd know if he released them, and anyway, BH happens pretty quickly after HoC, when would he have time?
Like Abyss says, she's only a human, and iirc, she never calls upon any particularly significant spirits that could have noticed and told her about the souls during BH.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#306 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

Commenting on a few posts over the last few pages:

The whole Dragnipur braking, Hounds, Rhulad, Karsa, Paran has been going on for a while.

From MoI, after kallors curse, we know that Draconus added some flaw or hole in Dragnipur. What it is we probably won't see before Paran, Tehol, Kruppe or some other slippery character figures it out.

One hole seems to be were the Chains disappear into the Wagon of Darkness. This was the way the Hounds got out, Paran, using Oponn-boy as bait, tricked the Dogs into jumping into Darkness. This isn't a sure way though, what happens when a soul plunges into the darkness of the wagon? The hounds souls seemed to reanimate the two Deragoth in the Nascent. Does this mean that they got out and was then caught in the Statues? Or did something unknown happen to them that let them give life to the Deragoth? Nobody knows and since it was GotM, their escape method might not count.

About Karsa's souls in Bonehunters. I can't actually remember his soulchains being mentioned in BH. Neither does he display the same anguish or torment he was suffering from in HoC, the knowledge that he was pulling his own dead in HoC was something he dreaded and was almost ashamed off. Neither the chains nor Bairoth and Delum were refered to much... or at all. I wonder if this entire character trait was left out by mistake by the high lord himself, SE.

#307 Guest_Stieglitz_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

As for Bairoth and Delum: I think they were put into Karsa's new stone sword or their soul were used to make the sword unbrakeable or something like that.

#308 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

They were, the sword is called Bairoth Delum though that's only mentioned once, just after he makes it.

#309 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

polishgenius;125457 said:

They were, the sword is called Bairoth Delum though that's only mentioned once, just after he makes it.

Yes yes, I remember that when they entered the sword they lost the ability to appear before him or speak... but still. They were weighing on his countions as much as the dead were.

Didn't mean to overlook that fact.

#310 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

Yeah, true.
The thing is, in HoC we get a Karsa PoV, in TBH the only part that is his is the bit where he kills the K'Chain, the rest is all from Samar Dev's perspective, and he does most of his agonising in private, or at least in his head.

#311 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

He may be learnin to live with it now, it seams that when he has a goal his determination seams to override his thoughts of the dead. Samar Dev as noted was only dealing with weak spirits, she would be overwhelmed by the feelings of those chained to Karsa i'm sure

#312 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

polishgenius;125461 said:

Yeah, true.
The thing is, in HoC we get a Karsa PoV, in TBH the only part that is his is the bit where he kills the K'Chain, the rest is all from Samar Dev's perspective, and he does most of his agonising in private, or at least in his head.

I hadn't thought of that, it is mostly from Devs perspective. Well, that pretty much explains every question I had about Karsa's actions in BH :D

#313 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:28 PM

I actually only twigged that as I wrote it.

#314 User is offline   henk 

• Corporal

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:18 PM

im almost certain in the part where he makes his sword he says to his 2 dead friends who go in the sword that he will release the dead not sure if that was in thb or hoc

#315 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

It was in HoC, like you say as he makes the sword and they flow in, but there's nothing been mentioned that he's actually broken them yet.

Just thought, about what Demon X said - what if Hood's request to Paran was to retire?

#316 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

What if it is Karsa who kills the Crippled God and then asumes Hood's roll?

#317 User is offline   Dragnipurake 

• Captain

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

@Polishgenius

I think this was one of the theories as to what Hood asked, mentioned on the forum somewhere. Hood responds to Paran, "Death is always serious". think Hood is referring to his own death.

#318 User is offline   Demon X 

• High Fist

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:09 AM

polishgenius;125461 said:

Yeah, true.

Was that a K'chain he killed? I thought it was something else!

#319 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:51 AM

Demon X;125647 said:

Was that a K'chain he killed? I thought it was something else!

K'chain is misleading, since they are all called K'chain.

It's K'chain Naruk or K'chain Che'malle. Short tail or Longtail if you want.

#320 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

Though Mappo calls one Short tail a Che'malle anyway, even though he's surprised at the short tail so he knows there's a difference.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users