Malazan Empire: World Cup Final - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Cup Final

#21 Guest_Lily_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

What the hell I've done Zin?dine ? Why did he do that ?

Lose versus Italia , pfff I dunno right now if I will ever watch soccer again ...

We dominated them in the end and what ? I'm disgusted , finish second it's the first of the last

That's it

#22 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Zidane is a silly old fart. He's basically cost his country the World Cup in his last ever game. It also means he'll probably be remembered more for that headbutt than all the great things he's done in his career.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#23 User is offline   Valgard 

• Bored Microbiologist (not a good combination)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:52 PM

Brilliant I have now won my lab sweepstake thank you Italy brilliant. Also beating france that is always a brilliant thing to happen well done again.

#24 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

Lord Baelish said:

Zidane is a silly old fart. He's basically cost his country the World Cup in his last ever game. It also means he'll probably be remembered more for that headbutt than all the great things he's done in his career.

I would hardly blame Zidane for the loss. They would most likely have gone to penalties anyways
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#25 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

Valgard said:

Brilliant I have now won my lab sweepstake thank you Italy brilliant. Also beating france that is always a brilliant thing to happen well done again.

Uh , why you guys dislike so much France ? I live in France and oh ! I think we live like all people over the world and have the same goal , there are assholes in our country and great people like everywhere ... Sorry , I am perhaps paranoid :D

For the world cup , really Zin?dine , finish his career like this ... What the man did say to him ? Their word was on vit ensemble , on meurt ensemble , they die together ...

And sure , disappointed , congradulation none the less to the Italians , my favorite one Totti didn't play very well tonight ...

#26 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! What happened though? Didn't watch it. :D

#27 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

thats the strangest end to a final i ever saw. he could of really done damage to materrazi, foolish...

i thought italy would win though. damn good final, had it all:)

#28 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

@Lilly ~ I was supporting France...well I would have been if I had watched it, but I was there in spirit!
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#29 User is offline   Bucklund 

• Recruit

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Zidane Omg what was he thinking :confused:
I thought it was brilliant in a way though as its the first time Ive ever seen an Azurri go down genuinely injured.
Roll on 2008.

#30 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

lmfao

pwn3d

#31 User is offline   Valgard 

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

@Lily nothing against you personnally i just havbe lots of french friends and have heard enough from them over the 98-04 period to not be able to stand another french victory as I would never hear the end of it also I won £40 quid off it.

#32 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:55 PM

On the one hand i'm still thinking WTF.

On the other...

... badass. If only he had been aiming for the head.

#33 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

Fool said:

On the one hand i'm still thinking WTF.

On the other...

... badass. If only he had been aiming for the head.

lol:)

#34 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

What an exit. WHAT AN EXIT!

Now if only he'd nicked the world cup on his way past.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#35 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:27 PM

Woo, the team I chose won! I'm usually a jinx.

Told you Zidane was shifty :D Loved the way Materazzi went down though. The last thing Zidane ever did in football. Not wanting Materazzi to die or anything, but if he'd aimed for the face, the pictures would have been a lot more colourful. If he's going out like that, he may as well have drawn blood!! The Fifa ban won't bother him!

Trezeguet might have another bad day tomorrow if he finds out he's playing in Serie C.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#36 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

Well, hes an idiot. Who did he think he was playing, England? Only the English wouldnt have flopped to the ground. If you sneeze in the direction of the Italians they fall down, just plain stupid on his behalf.

But you have to give Italy credit, how many teams make all 5 penalty shots? Not many.

POOR POOR Trezuget. He plays 3 minutes in injury time prior to today, then plays 10 more today and costs them the WC. Thats why Domenich(sp) will say he didnt play him.

But Italys strategy worked. Tire out the French by sitting back and taking the brunt of the attack. Seriously their entire midfield was infront of France's strikers. They just focused on defense and stayed back.

Italy played well the first half, but got dominated the second. They couldnt even pass the ball to their teammates, but it didnt matter cause they wanted to go to penalties.

#37 User is offline   No-God 

• Fist

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

Poor sportsmanship from the French player cost France the World Cup. The irony is staggering.

Go Italia!

#38 User is offline   Aimless 

• First Sword

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:05 AM

1. I hope it was worth it.

2. I hope Materazzi really felt it :-O

3. The image of the head-butt is too funny to ever be forgotten, but Zidane will always be remembered by those who actually love the sport as the genius he is. And we always knew he was crazy.

4. It didn't cost them the cup. I feel for poor Trezeguet though :D

5. I found it to be an involving game right up to the last kick, which was surprising because usually I can't stand to even see Italy on TV. While I would've loved to see France win, and while I still feel oddly empty inside, I'm not too bothered that France lost the penalty lottery. They gave us a good show, for better AND for worse :p and they pwnd the Italians in MY mind :p

Man, I can't believe it's all over. All that's left is to find out what Materazzi said :D

Looking forward to Euro, and to the next WC. I wanna see what Ribery and the other youngsters can do :p Does anyone know who the next captain will be?

#39 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:35 AM

Aimless said:

1. I hope it was worth it.

2. I hope Materazzi really felt it :-O

3. The image of the head-butt is too funny to ever be forgotten, but Zidane will always be remembered by those who actually love the sport as the genius he is. And we always knew he was crazy.

4. It didn't cost them the cup. I feel for poor Trezeguet though :p

5. I found it to be an involving game right up to the last kick, which was surprising because usually I can't stand to even see Italy on TV. While I would've loved to see France win, and while I still feel oddly empty inside, I'm not too bothered that France lost the penalty lottery. They gave us a good show, for better AND for worse :D and they pwnd the Italians in MY mind :p

Man, I can't believe it's all over. All that's left is to find out what Materazzi said :p

Looking forward to Euro, and to the next WC. I wanna see what Ribery and the other youngsters can do :p Does anyone know who the next captain will be?

I dunno what captain it's going to be , Ribery is excellent and I do hope he'll keep doing wonderful things . Sagnol were also were very good . It's sad for Zizou , dunno what Meterazzi told him (he came back for a little talk , so not a nice thing at all) but for William Gallas , when Italian see they're in troubles , they try to unsettle the other team like they can , William even what to beat the **** out of them when they do so (cheating) hi hi hi

http://www.football365.fr/cdm2006/finale/s...a-gueule-.shtml

(sorry it's in french) I am not myself a big fan of Italian team , and lose versus them it's something painful . I do not like actors , I think some football players (C.Ronaldo , too) should make movies Posted Image

I am not really angry at Trezeguet , he tried something, that didn't work , that's the game . But we went far , we were good , we played as well as Italian team , we won versus Spain , Portugal and Brazil . We can be proud , the most important is that they tried very very hard and gave their guts :D

Valgard : And have you a lot of Italian friends ? Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Valgard 

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

No this is why them winning will not affect me in the same way am sure that people who do will never hearthe end of it but at least i won't hve to spend every day for the next year hearing how wonderful france are, which makes me happy as have already had to live with it for to long.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users