Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

i wishes sweden win too

@ gothos
and that france win its match tonight Posted Image

#482 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:25 AM

I've got to say that the premiership is the best football to watch from a spectators point of view. And the best team to watch at the moment are Arsenal.- (this from a Newcastle fan!!)
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#483 Guest_D\'Yamba_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:29 AM

we can only hope that they'll keep their slick little mitts off Bruce....

I'm surprised it took Newcastle this long to sack Bobby Robson. To be honest he should have gone at the end of last season, and it was always gonna work out this way after the board released a press statement saying that it was the last year on Sir Bobby's contract...it did wonders for Southampton!

In other news the final day of transfer window saw Yorke come to Birmingham. Not sure what to make of this one, obviously I'll support him whilst he wears a blue shirt, but could this be a Brucey mistake?

I'd join in the conversation more if I cared about Champions league, which I manifestly do not Posted Image) Wait 'till next season when Birmingham are there, then I might!
N

#484 Guest_Ashnak_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:46 AM

sweden 100%

(okay, so I didn't see any poll... there are dissidents, but they will be shot at first opportunity.)

Then again, most people realise holland will win the quarter final... bah!

#485 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:10 AM

the question is, after coming good on debut, will the rest of Rooney's career be one long dissapointment (ala Owen after the Argentina game)?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#486 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:29 PM

Finally- I'd even play bleedin' Gary Neville before turning to Forlan again. Although, he hardly got a fair run in the side- still, with RVN, Saha, Smith and even Scholes and Bellion in the pecking order, it was time for Forlan to go. Who knows, maybe he'll rediscover the scoring touch and come back to us?...

...As if! Posted Image

#487 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:22 AM

english |**-*-^/-*-**|boy - he IS pathethic. he WAS good at some time. but he's nowhere near players as Morientes or Saviola. another overrated player, same as Raul and Figo.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#488 Guest_Ashnak_*

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:04 AM

yeah, that chip was excellent. he must have practiced a long time....

#489 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Miracle Mets of '69.

But I doubt many here watch baseball or care.

But I do.

So there. Posted Image

#490 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:03 PM

dude, you haven't heard of benetiz? try watching some spanish football for once. heck, just try regular champions league!

but I doubt he'll win with liverpool on the first season. he should improve the team greatly, but if they win anything (of substance) it will be a ****ing miracle.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#491 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:15 PM

Bare days to go before Euro starts, and a good morale-boosting win by England. I think Scholes should be dropped though- his NT form is crap and a holding midfielder will definitely be required against France.

Come on Holland, you gotta do well! Seriously hope this Dutch team can salute, otherwise another waste of talent.

And Brood: I'll believe it when I see it Posted Image

#492 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:48 PM

Go GreecePosted ImagePosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#493 Guest_Bed Head_*

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:22 AM

Hahaha, true. I think he'll end up going to Spain anyway. Maybe Valencia with Aimar going to Liverpool? Now he is a great player and Benitez would love to have him again.

#494 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

like we was last year. if I didn't hate you so much I would cry with you.

#495 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:10 PM

well the champions league qualifers were interesting. Liverpool leaving Owen on the bench so he wouldn't be cup tied. Surely he's gone to Real with Morientes supposedly coming to the Kop. Utd are also supposedly after Morientes after lsoing Ole for the year, Ruud is out till sept and Saha is carrying a knock as well.
There was a great result for an Irish side Shelbourne tonight as they drew O-O with Deportivo in Dublin in the champions league. Depor had 10 of the side that started last seasons 4-1 beating of AC Milan. I reckon the Shelbourne side barely spend as much on wages in one whole season as some players get per day.

#496 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

ooooooohhh. cheltenham - darlington is a must see, which, I'm sorry to say, I can't see. but you can see my tears. look. it's right there. look right in the corner of my eye. here it comes. ahh. that was it. did you get it?. shame.

bed: liverpool's just had their worst year economically, ever, so I doubt they'll go for such star players (expencive players) come january. we'll probably never have heard of who ever comes then.

#497 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

yeah, maybe ur right. Still, a replacement is definitely required...

#498 User is offline   MagnanimousOne 

• Corporal

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:27 AM

Actually it would not be a very good comparison. The US team is now ranked the 7th best in the world. The Greeks, entering Euro were ranked 35st (up to 14th now).

#499 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:11 PM

Yeah I saw the Anfield game, and yes I must congratulate the scousers. Luis Garcia, Kewell, Gerrard, Cisse, Alonso and Hyppia all had excellent games against the understrength Monaco while Baros had a decent cameo too. We were going to lose, but and awesome fightback led by Van the Man against Lyon, now our greatest goalscorer in Europe ensured we got a point away (nontheless, Howard and Silvestre have to be dropped and now!). This was more than what Real Madrid could do, even with Walter Samuel in the team, going down 3-0 to Leverkusen Posted Image

This weekend: Liverpool vs. ManU. Bring it on Bryn Posted Image

#500 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Orfantal:
YESSS! - take that Liverpool Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

only because the ref was a c*nt and ripped us of for 2 penalties, and we didn't have any strikers worth speaking of (what the hell are we supposed to do with kewel now?!).

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

31 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users