• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#801 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

nice to see some fellow reds

anyone watch the game against peterborough yesterday, apparently fergie played smithy in the keano role and he took to it like the proverbial duck. he'll never be the greatest striker but then again keano was never the greatest ball player, one thing theyve both got is shedloads of heart and passion. alright he'll need a fair bit of positional work etc but the more i think about it the better it sounds, maybe not permanent but keano's goin to need a fair bit of cover this season and against the lesser teams united are goin to need someone to get the team fired up and go runnin round biting kicking and generally hurtin people. anyone, and in do mean anyone, has to better than darren 'i cant actually play football, sorry' fletcher Posted Image

van der sar - good signing, park - lot of potential, ballack - would make me the happiest person in manchester Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#802 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

anyone support united? the true united?

#803 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:51 PM

not militant enough im afraid i was meaning as opposed to 'newcastle ...', 'west ham ...' or more importantly 'rotherham ...'

tho you got to agree with their principles i believe the club is defined by players and fans not some ginger old midget sat in the boardroom (thats boardroom florida by the way)

anyways with the three r's on form next season rooney ronners and ruuuuuuud we might have a chance of rediscoverin the united of 5 years ago..... Posted Image

#804 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

Yeah I heard that. Sounds like the strangest thing ever, and can't see it myself. I'll reserve judgement till I get a chance to see him in action Posted Image

I hope he does well there - I'd love for Smith to have a regular place in the team, and Keane's replacement would be the ideal situation.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#805 Guest_starnberg_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

'Chelsea will lose games.'
Ferguson December 2004 Posted Image

#806 User is offline   Skinner 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caladanbrood:
quote:
Originally posted by The Nameless Ascendent:
Saw the game this morning: 21 - 3 to the ABs! Posted Image

Dominant display and result by NZ. Shame O'Driscoll got injured though. However I doubt it would have changed the end result.

Now, that clean sweep looks promising....... Posted Image

Sure. But if you win it be such disgustingly dangerous tackles in every match, I hope you lot are ashamed of yourselves. O'Driscoll could well have had worse than a dislocated shoulder.

I've seen glimpses of the tackle incident on tv. But from what I know of the players involved, neither have a history of "dirty play", especially Umaga. I recall he once even stoped to check on Collin Charvis after he was seriously injured during a game.

From what I could see and determine, I think it was intended to be a hard tackle as Umaga had grabbed Brian's legs, and Mealamu joined in to lift him. Then Brian is lofted into the air and he falls awkwardly. But not "driven" like a spear as alleged.

I serioulsy doubt either player had the intention of injuring Brian, but rather I think it was a tackle that went wrong and was very unfortunate.

Woodward has already submitted all his analysis, replays etc to the independant citing commissioner for the match (from South Africa) and this has been found to be inconclusive. And unfortunately this decision won't clear the players in the eyes of some people.

That's my take on what I have seen (which is admittedly not much) as most of us don't have the luxury of watching the replay or freeze frame analysis of the incident.

As for Umaga, why he hasn't stopped by to check up on Brian after his shoulder was reset, I don't know. Brian is hugely respected in NZ as a world class player and as a captain, he would have deserved a visit from his counter-part (one would think!). He has every right to be pi$$ed off with the way things have turned out.

But I hope this doesn't sour relations between the teams, and the largely positive spirit that the tour and british tourists have experienced in NZ.

And of course, I still firmly believe that the ABs were the superior team in virtually all facets of the game on Saturday. The Lions were simply not competitive enough, and hardly even threaten the try line letalone the 22.

So if every Lions player who was selected for the game been playing, the end result would not have been different. Possession, territory and linesout were in NZs favour, they created and took their opportunities too. The lions never looked like being in a position to win much less stay in contention during the match.

Of course, you may have a different point of view on all this.

#807 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:15 AM

What a game! Fantastic, nail-biting finish. I think a Milan-Liverpool final will be quite enthralling...Bring it on.

#808 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

Go England.... Go England go!!! Posted Image

#809 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

Ohmigod! Brazil...sheesh, is this the team that lost to Mexico? Because thumping their nearest rival 4-1 in a final just a year before the World Cup is very, very ominous indeed. Fantastic match...Adriano, Kaka- what a glorious pair of opening goals.

#810 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:29 PM

Ballack has said that he is staying at Bayern Munich at least 'til the end of next season. Which is a bugger.

#811 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
Appiah is rubbish...

Yup. Thats why I was hopeing soPosted Image

Chelsea to retain their title, Spurs for the FA cup (hey, let me dreamPosted Image) Wigan, West Brom and either Portsmouth or Fulham relegated
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#812 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:52 AM

Anyone going to be watching the first Test tommorrow morning, or is it just me who likes Rugby Union?

#813 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:49 AM

With Mourinho baiting him like he was doing the other day, I doubt he will leave in that much of a hurry without wiping the floor with him, first.

#814 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:53 AM

bring back parker bruce pallister and irwin

#815 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

Ooh! You seen the cover? Link, please Posted Image
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#816 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

*sobs*

RIP NEC

Posted Image

Oh, and congrats to Chelski, btw...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#817 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

Oh, Champions League tonight?
Victory is mine!

#818 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:01 AM

Started crowing a bit early mayhaps, Broody?

#819 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:09 PM

So Umaga phoned O'Driscoll and apologised for the injury? I heard that too, but in his interview he was refusing to do so publicly. For the captain of arguably the greatest sporting team in history, you would have thought a bit of public diplomacy might not have gone amiss?

Run close by Bangladesh again. If I didn't know better, I'd say aussie cricket was having problemsPosted Image

#820 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

Can I just say, for the record, that I am a very happy man today (and very surprised).
Posted Image

Where is Gamet, anyway? Crying into his pint, no doubt. Posted Image

Posted Image
Grumpy is only my middle name.

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users