• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#81 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

@Farad - of course they will. our current coach is another girlyman, really. I can't stand him. plus, you have the luck that Papke is injured... again...

@BAD - aye, that was a grand team. Hagi is one of my all-time favourite footballers.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#82 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:06 AM

Who lost to chelsea? who?Posted Image

It would take a hell of a lot to run Edman and Pamarot ragged, believe me.
Sure, you're probably a better team, but I have confidence that Santini will choose the right tactics, like he did against Chelsea. Mourinho may be used to having everything his own way in Portugal, but its great when people with an ego like that loose their ragPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#83 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:57 AM

Woohoo!! Go BurnleyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Bryn, get in here nowPosted Image And you're gonna loose Watford in the Carling cup... how embarassingPosted Image

We're getting interest from Barcelona for KanoutePosted Image We're in the enviable position of having three world-class strikers who all work well with each other in any combination... I dunno who we'd buy to replace Freddi...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#84 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image thanks ashnakPosted Image

Denmark should have won that game, they were the better team for most of the match, and squandered some relatively easy chances... shame.

#85 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:32 AM

A Truly Sh1t day for Spurs tho' Brood.

Watched the Everton v Alan Partridge Rangers (Norwich)game...surprisingly entertaining in a Tramp fight sorta way!

#86 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

french players are infamous for taking their time in settling into the english way of football...
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#87 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:27 PM

The Manchester derby is on this weekend, and we need to win. Citeh have actually done quite well over the last couple of seasons, but Rooney, Smith and co. need put their shooting boots on so we aren't reliant on Ruud so much.

I love how pathetic the Gunners are in Europe. Chelsea look good enough to do the double- Jose has worked wonders at Stamford Bridge, I hate to admit.

#88 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go. I doubt he'll want to come back from Euro as top scorer just to warm the bench behind Owen and Cisse.

#89 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

okay... here are the results of a poll on a polish euro2004 portal:
question: who do you support in the quarter-finals?

Czech Republic 39%
Denmark 24%
England 9%
France 8%
Greece 2%
Holland 10%
Portugal 5%
Sweden 3%

what's it like in your countries?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#90 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:38 AM

eh? what was that? tottenham? beating liverpool? with what?! you've lost 4 PL in a row now. and by the time the game is on, we've got baros back. you are soooooo dead, we might as well just give you the gun right now.

#91 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:52 AM

Somewhat belated I know but :

HA HA HA TAKE THAT VILLA, MELLBERG YOU'RE A STAR!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#92 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:12 AM

Biggest outsider ever to win- imagine the States winning the WC...

#93 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

AT
BLOODY
LAST

Yippee, we beat them. The curse is broken.

Ranger 2 Celtic 1
Grumpy is only my middle name.

#94 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:10 PM

Well, it was in WalesPosted Image the locals can get very angryPosted Image

My sister was a steward at that match... pretty good pay apparently. Was there any crowd disturbance?Posted Image
I only saw the first half hour, but I was impressed by quite a few of the Polish players. Wales are pretty much out of contention now for qualifying - they've lost two games that they should have been hoping to get at least 2 points out of to have a chance of getting to Germany. Then again, you never know what could happen yet. We could have another attacking performance like against Azerbaijanihoscxz *sobs*Posted Image

Roberto Carlos occasionally defends very well. For exapmle, against Deportivo (i think) a few weeks ago, as soon as he came on the defence strengthened up hugely, he was everywhere making important tackles. His problem is inconsistancy...

#95 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:27 AM

YESSS! - take that Liverpool Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#96 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:22 PM

well, Mourinho did say he only wanted 21 players plus goalies... seems to be living up to his word so far, and to be honest, they don't need them reallyPosted Image

#97 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:53 AM

so hopefully a czech portugal final tyhen

#98 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:50 PM

*subs in. crawls around. sobs*

we suck.

give me every alcoholic beverage you have, and put some cyanid in it.

*dies*

#99 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:57 AM

*sigh*. I was born too late. only started watching premier league in the early/mid 90'ies. guess you know why one hates manu then? *sulk*

#100 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:58 PM

Looks like two nice balanced squads. Can't remember mine but i think its kinda crap. Good defence but crap up front.
Newcastle pulled off a great move by getting steve carr today. I might be a bit biased but he is a class act. It's a bad sign for spurs if a guy like carr is getting the hell outta dodge.
Reyes looked very sharp against MU at the wkd, could be an ominous sign for the season ahead,on the other hand smith looked good as well. should be great season

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

23 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users