• 50 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#1 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:25 AM

Well Williams seem to be lacking something at the moment (not just Ralph), and Ferrari pretty much Own the season. Unlucky Sato AGAIN!!! Posted Image But that was a classic by Barrichello on the last corner overtaking Trulli for third place. Brilliant.

And Schumacher well he is pretty ubntouchable in that car of his at the moment. I wonder how much bias there will be form the commentators at the next Grand Prix. . . Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

the italian media will scream! even scored on added time! Posted Image
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#3 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:41 AM

I know- Wish we could've got him but since RVN and Kluivert hate each other, not possible. Might've though Arsenal or Liverpool would go in for him- although Baros just stepped up a level...

#4 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:48 AM

I totally agree with ya Falco, can't believe they're actually going to let Viera go. He's the Keane for Arsenal. He's the guy that made them tick. There's also rumours that Freddie could be leaving, might be the beginning of the end for that team.

#5 User is offline   moose 

• Recruit

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
same here. I playing at http://www.premierleague.com instead, but in a private league already!

Yeah, I'm playing there too. Not that anyone knows me here yet, but if anyone wants to join I need plenty more players to fill up the league... Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:26 AM

Predictions for tomorrow.... the taffs will get a stuffing! 4-0 from the mighty Eng-ur-land.
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#7 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

I still think the comparison stands (silly as this argument is) mainly because:

a) FIFA rankings are rather silly- I know for a fact that after Australia jumped some 40 places after playing a handful of games against the likes of Fiji, Tonga, Samoa etc. I'm not dissing America- I'm saying they are capable of winning the World Cup, but to do so would be a huge upset.

B) Its comparable to Greece because even though America may be a better team than Greece, Greece only faced half the world's top teams on their way to the final. The Brazils, Argentinas, Uruguays, South Koreas, Mexicos and USAs of the world were missing from Euro and thats what makes the World Cup so hard to win. I'm sorry, but to see the US lift the WC would be a comparable to Greece winning Euro.

#8 Guest_Tuftie 27_*

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:06 PM

aaah, too much football all in one place! lol, wanna talk about a proper sport like rugby Posted Image but if we hav to talk about football, come on the toons

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:56 AM

I hoped they draw. I like both teams Posted Image
so who scored?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:53 AM

Maybe. I don't know much about Carrick reallyPosted Image The strike force shouldn't be a problem, we have three enormously talented strikers... Arnesen and Levy need to buy a midfield in Janurary - keep Mendes, get rid of Michael Brown and Johnnie Jackson. I've heard happy rumours about Andy Reid, god knows why he's still only playing in the first divisionPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#11 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

while Cafu is my favourite defender (the guy just rocks!), I would strongly argue about Roberto Carlos' prowess as a defender. really. some of his mistakes in Real were so dramatic I doubt he should play as a defender at all...

also on the news, Poland beat Wales 3-2 (the second goal for Wales being scored with an arm but whatever). yay! we were losing 0-1 in the 60th minute, but the Frankowski comes in and scores, then Mila comes in and assists Żurawski on the second goal. then Krzynówek scores a magnificent goal for a comfortable 3-1. in the second-to-last minute (like 93rd) Hartson scores with his arm... I wonder why the referee didn't reach for his cards as often as he should, maybe because it would take 1/4 of the welsh of the pitch... Savage included.

6 points in two away games. couldn't have been better Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#12 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:29 AM

Clive Woodward getting ready to manage Southampton???Posted Image well, I bet no one predicted that! Saints are on nearly a manager per game so far this season aren't they?

@Gamet - of course, when slagging off Celtic's chances this season I didn't reckon for how crap all the other teams in scotland are. You should win finePosted Image Champions League could be interesting though...

Perfect startPosted Image though 1-1 with WBA? worrying.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#13 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

I think its you counting them chickens, Falco me lad... you're still 8 points behind. I don't see them dropping more than 10 more points this season, and them you'd still have to go unbeaten yourselves!Posted Image (ie - not gonna happen) Chelsea might manage it though...

Bloody hell, will we ever get decent referees in this country? Riley didn't even make the weekend's worst decision - that honour goes to everyone's favorite, Mr Dean, in the Saints-Brummingham game... Maik Taylor (Brumm goalie) runs forward to catch the ball from a long Saints throw, jumps right into the Saints player from behind (Blackstock, I think), knocking both himself and the striker to the ground. The wonderful Mr Dean gives a free kick to Birmingham, and gives Blackstock a lecture about backing in, when it was completely impossible for his to have seen Taylor's suicidal rush.
Though of course, it wasn't suicidal, because Taylor knew exactly what the result would be. The bias of referees these days towards goalies and defenders in those kind of situations (corners, close free kicks etc) is the most blatant thing in the modern game, and frankly, it disgusts me. The FA need to take a good hard look at themeselves, and eat some humble pie and learn from Rugby how to referee matches. If defenders attempt to stop a free kick being taken, be it either by picking up the ball, refusing to retreat 10 yards, whatever, should immediately result in the free kick being moved forward ten yards. It would eradicate the problem almost entirely. And drop all the soppy crap with goalies that I waxed lyrical about earlier in the post.
They need to stop wasting their efforts on booking players for celebrating their goals (Cahill scores his first goal in the premiership, is sent off for taking his shirt off. WHY!!!???!!! Lee Hendrie booked for jumping over the advert boards (ie, leaving the field of play) to be congratulated by fans after what is arguably still the goal of the season so far) and start REFEREEING THE ****ING MATCHES!!!!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://www.malazan.c.../smiles/mad.gif

#14 User is offline   Lorn 

• Captain

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:42 PM

"2-2 Nordic victory, bye bye Italia" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:42 AM

Thats the only decent thing I've ever seen Carsley do.

Also, the look on Viera's face when Mellor hit that screamer...priceless.

#16 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:50 AM

I apologise if you took offense.
"yids" being the collective term of the ethnic mix of the population of Tottenham.

#17 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:42 AM

So...who is on the final?
Victory is mine!

#18 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:36 AM

I kinda like the mancs. don't know why. must be all the old liverpool players there Posted Image
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#19 Guest_Torvald Nom_*

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

quite amazing how england managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory Posted Image
I could see it coming from the 60th minute....it was just a matter of time.

Gutting Posted Image

#20 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:57 PM

Good work by the boy wonder. We're still 11 points behind Chelski in the league- thankfully, Fergie's come to his senses and finally started picking Fletcher in the 1st team again...

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users