• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#181 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:17 AM

He won malasyia this year because Alonso got screwed over in quali, fuel load error and he was forced to quali with more of it.

2nd of all if you honestly believe that Fisi is better than Michael you have no right to call yourself a Formula One fan. Love him or hate him you can't deny him his skill, ability and dedication. Schumacher at 85%...hell 70% is still better than all but 2 drivers. And I do know fisi's qualities...they are few. Hes like Ralf Schumacher, good, fast but everything has to go his way otherwise he just loses confidence and drops back. Lastly you can by no means call him a good driver after he blames his engineer for coming on the radio at a "critical" section of the circuit which threw him off balance and so he went off the track...dude seriously...
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#182 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, I know you're right... :(
But, I still like the dude... Don't know why. Maybe cuz he's got so much unused potential... He should be way better then this...

P.S. I was kidding about the Schumi thing...
And one by one the gardens died

#183 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:11 PM

maybe this thread should carry a warning about Jen being a rabid Schumacher fan :( one bad word about him and well...even the Hounds of Darkness wouldn't stand a chance....:p

IMO, there are five types of racing driver in F1, you have the brilliant talented ones like Schumacher, who given a shed on wheels would get it on the podium and most probably win the race itself, I wouldn't put Alonso in this category yet, as we need to see how he copes in another team where the car is less reliable. then you have the good drivers, who given the best car, win races and championships like Hakkinen, his '98 and '99 championships were won when the McLaren was the team to beat, from then on it all went downhill as the McLaren had reliability issues and Mika himself started making mistakes, the same with Damon Hill in '96, the Williams was the best car and he took advantage of it and won the championship (we won't mention '94 and that incident ;)) Then you have your average drivers, who despite being in the best car, never seem to make their mark and seem forever stuck in the shadow of their team mate, ie: David Coulthard, Rubens Barrichello, Giancarlo Fisichella to name a few, though they sometimes have surges of brilliance and go on to win a race or get on the podium, normally when you least expect it. then you have the mediocre drivers, they have done well in lesser formulas, but the transition to F1 doesn't work (though to be honest they are normally stuck in a back of the pack car) but they fail to show any spark and never get picked up by the top teams, sometimes it seems half the grid is made up of these drivers! and then you get the worst of the worst...the paying driver, who like Ide, should never be let near the inside of an F1 car, I hate these drivers, they are taking racing seats that could have gone to a moderately talented driver, this sort of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen in F1!!...

well there's my two penneth worth, I'm sure your all gonna disagree with me though...

#184 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

You forgot the eternally unlucky ones. And really I mean it just is luck sometimes you can't explain it otherwise. But I guess some people in other categories phase into this one. Johnny Herbert is the king of this category btw. xD

#185 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

that incident...well...*ahem* but other than that, the championship was Michael's. He was still leading Hill even though he only raced in 12 races when Hill had competed in all the races that year...albiet he missed those 4 because of his own...erm...fault (yes thats the term we shall use)

but kettle...the dude said Fisi was better than Michael...that's like saying Button is better than Ide...:eek3: LMAO sorry I could not resist. But you get my point:p
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#186 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

Jen said:

that's like saying Button is better than Ide...:eek3: LMAO

Posted Image

#187 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

Jen said:

but kettle...the dude said Fisi was better than Michael...that's like saying Button is better than Ide...:eek3: LMAO sorry I could not resist. But you get my point:p

LMAO...(sorry i don't have a cool rofl copter like BAD)...mind you I think you should be made to watch the british coverage of F1 like the rest of us, I'm dreading the british grand prix, it's gonna be wall to wall Buttonmania!!

btw, I think his Godness is pleased with the new title Jen :(

Posted Image

#188 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:39 AM

what no positive reps?:(

But yeah...the championship is now over. Sure Michael will deny it but its a done deal. Unless alonso crashes in the next two races and michael wins or comes atleast 2nd...other than that...start engraving his name on the trophy and enter his name into the youngest double worldchampion category...which btw is Schumacher for the next few months atleast.

I can't watch the british gp live anyways...I'll probably watch the timing screen on formula1.com if im crazy enuf

#189 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:03 AM

So I'm gonna say this once and for all! Last year, Alonso won the champ three races beforwe the end in a lesser machinery... Cuz McLaren were waaaay ahead of Renualt through out the seson (since Imola I would say)

And Schumi won his 5 champs (00-04) in such a superior car that I think that even Button would've won these 5 titles in that Ferrari...

So don't you speak of his "oh so brilliant driving skills.." He never was a greatly talented driver, like Hakkinen or Senna, he's just an intelligent driver, with the WHOLE team of ferrari behind him...

If you don't agree (which I know you won't) just take a look at Spa 00'... When did Schumi did a move like that when Mika passed him?

I'll tell you...
Never

The only thing he's talented in is crashing into other drivers (Hill, Villeneuve) and winning races after his teammate slows down in the finish line.... (Rubens)
:hand:
Last weekend Monaco GP showed him for what he really is...
Enough
And one by one the gardens died

#190 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

Really can't be arsed proving facts. But when people remember F1 (especially people who aren't really into it) they remember certain people (excepting thir own favourites). These people are:-

Senna, Prost, Fangio, Jackie Stewart, Nikki Lauda, Mansell and Schumacher.

So, whatever. Who cares how/why they are remembered, they are remembered. Maybe Alonso will be added to the list in time.

#191 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

Alonso won last year in superior machinery 5races into the season;) At which point it was damage limitation, in the 2nd best car in the field, and with some 20+ points cushion and renault's god like reliability it was quite easy.

The rest of ur post is so ignorant I won't even comment on it.

#192 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

Why is there even a debate over whether Schumacher is one of the greatest drivers? Yes, he was driving superior machinery for a while, but (a) he got to the team in the first place, and (:( he basically won a title with two broken legs. He's also had some absolutely genius moments - like the time he was the first person at the circuit (someone more knowledgable than me might remember details - couple of years back) who spotted the rain coming in while going flat out down the back strait. Got his crew to change his tyres, won the race by miles.

Moments like that just make the bad stuff more irritating though. Like his diving at qualification. I knew it was possible in football, even rugby, but F1?

Anyhow... Alonso is great, so why does he irritate me? There's no reason for him to.

Button, on the other hand, there is plenty of reason, having to put up with the English media mania.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#193 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

polishgenius said:

Anyhow... Alonso is great, so why does he irritate me? There's no reason for him to.

Because he's boring. He has about zero interaction with his fans. And he plays everything safe. This is not good in a World Champion (for the viewers and fans). Even the original Ice man Hakkinnen had his most moments of amusement and boring ole (McClaren bound) DC had his rants at some drivers.

#194 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

I think you've got it. He's the real world equivalent of a plot cypher. He doesn't even drive interesting, just really really fast. Fisi's overtake on the chicane last week was more exciting than anything Alonso did in the whole race.

#195 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:31 PM

well I just have to comment about Schumacher!!

Schumachers first two championships were won with Benetton - Ford which was not the car to beat, it was well down on power then the Williams of our Damon, which had the Renault engine, but Schumacher won the title by a single point in '94 (a bone of contention at the time cos of a certain incident and the fact that I was a Hill fan at the time) though who knows what would have happened if Senna hadn't died at Imola, that would have been some racing methinks (and I'll just point out here that Senna was famous for his dubious tacticts while qualifying and racing)....and again in '95 with a comfortable margin, winning 9 races in total that year, (his team mate that year was a certain Johnny Herbert, who won the British GP and the Italian, so he did have a lucky year BAD :() he then moved to Ferrari in '96, a team that had lost it's way and was living on it's past glory so to speak, he managed to win 3 races that year and get Ferrari to second place in the constructors almost single handedly (Schumacher 59 points-Irvine 11 points) this was through sheer hardwork and TALENT, and I say this as a rabid Hill fan at the time, who hated Schumacher with a passion....then apart from that slight blip in '97 when he had his other incident and got himself disqualified from second place in the championship, he's raced with exceptional talent, intelligence and dare I say personality that no one else has come close to, he's practically broken every record in F1, and I don't think we're going to see a driver like him again in a while....

phew...that turned into a bit of a rant!!

as for Alonso, BAD's right he has the personality of a wet fish he's not fan friendly and he doesn't do stupid things to win races ;)

#196 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

Aye what Kettle said...but I just couldnt be bothered with such ignorance.

But let me just point out something. Every great overtaking move in the past decade has been pulled on Michael Schumacher. Let's just point some that come to mind straight away...I was too young to remember moves from 94,95,96 but i'll comment on the ones that come to mind from 97 onwards...as few as they are

1997 - JJ on Michael on at a corner where it is next impossible to pass. I'm sorry I don't remember which race this was on I'll look it up at a later date.

2000 - Mika on Michael - Spa - I presume i don't need to remind you of it everyone was left :eek: when it happened

2001 - Juan Pable on Michael - Brazil - brilliant

2005 - Alonso on Michael - Suzuka - :eek: brilliantly executed
2005 - Kimi on Michael - Suzuka - :eek: even better a move that was planned and done over 3-4 corners just fantastic

This shows one thing and one thing alone. That to pass Michael Schumacher, you have to reach so far up your ass that when you pull something out people are going to remember it. That alone shows his brilliance behind the wheel.

#197 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1262583,00.html
Just read the first para
Posted Image

#198 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:14 AM

hahaha....he should give up the driving job and become a comedian!!

#199 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

XD
He's not that good. No better than a decent driver, hyped up by the hysterical English media.

#200 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

LMFAO!!!1

What little respect I had for him of being a pretty decent driver has no gone down the drain, washed down with faeces from a plague infected rodent.

Jenson Button sir, you are a retard. :(

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users