• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#81 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:06 AM

So ye old members of our little club...how is this Mount Fuji?
The removal of a Schumacher track must be justified damn it!
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#82 Guest_Ambassador_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Aaaaah the glory that is F1, I'm going to Silverstone this year and possibley Japan (which is good because its the last at Suzuka) Hopefully the rest of the season will be more like Bahrain rather than Malaysia as that sucked.

Schuey is a god. This is looking like a great year as long as Button and Kimi get their cars up there too. Rosberg is also a bit of a shaved knuckle. Will be interesting to see what he can do.

#83 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

button? pffffffffffffffffft. the mclaren may hold together long enough to get kimi onto the top step...but button? not a chance. schuey is not a god, but rather a very focussed mind. rosberg i think is the next big thing.

fuji is ok...just ok...i'm crying over the loss of suzuka...but at least it's not a track designed by whats-his-name, schumachers buddy.

#84 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

*passes Kallor a tissue*

I can't say what Fuji is like as I was only 10 when they last raced there :p from the looks of it Toyota have poured a lot of money into the circuit, and it has had new chicanes added to what was a fast circuit, so I suppose we will have to wait and see what the drivers think of it....there are hopes that Suzuka will still be on the calendar as the Pacific GP next year, so fingers crossed...

just been watching IRL (don't say a word Kallor, Jen :p) and Paul Dana was killed in the morning warm up, didn't know much about him as a driver, but my thoughts are with his family at this sad time...

#85 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:12 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/irl/news_sto...auto_racing-irl

just read Kettle post...indeed...:p...indeed...
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#86 Guest_Ambassador_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

Jen'isand, without faith............ what are we.

#87 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:08 AM

what are we? 90% water and 10% attitude

#88 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:03 PM

These days in F1 loyalty is not a word. Alonso and Renault prime example. However I would like to believe there is something of that present with Schumacher and Ferrari, you just don't throw aside 10years or even 14years in case of some of the team members. However these past few months there have been far too many rumours, from reputable sources at that, that Kimi is on his way to Ferrari. Now everyone who even remotely follows the sport knows Schumacher will not have a team-mate that will challenge him for suprermacy and so the only possible option is either retirement or Renault. Looking at Schumacher you just don't see retirement as an option he is considering atm, so on his way to Renault. With him, most probably, will move a host of engineers and technical staff. As as happened with Alonso's move to McLaren a few of his engineers have already jumped ship to be with him at McLaren. As much as I don't want any of this to happen with Grandprix.com paying a little bit too much attention to this story I am inclined to believe it, as they are in my eyes the only respectable F1 news agency. The post season promises to be crazier than last...
http://www.grandprix...ns/ns16629.html

#89 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:23 AM

well one thing is for sure there will be good photos been taken at the FUJI cuircut!
*cringes while everyones smacks bacK of head*

OUCH MAN!!!

should be good race....shumi should win! the track suits Ferrari conditions.
nough said!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#90 Guest_saihas_*

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:17 AM

Does Juan Montoya still race?

#91 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:07 AM

Yes. He isn't doing to shabby in the cuurent race as I post this either. better than his performances anyway.

I've stopped waitching the race though. Pretty annoyed now. Not as annoyed as Michael will be but still. :p However yay for Button getting ripped to shreds on the two restarts and then coming out of the pits. SHUTUP ABOUT HIM COMMENTATORS!!! HE IS NOT IN THE SAME CALIBRE OF RACERS AS ALONSO, RAIKONNEN AND SCHUMACHER!!!

Edit - ROTFLMFAO at Button! You got owned! In the last 100 yards! Yas! :cool:

#92 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:06 AM

The blow up has made my day...:p:p...

...the rest...:p...go to hell...and take a 3week break so you don't ruin my mood during exam weeks

punched the wall I did...didn't hurt though...

...another add on...
I feel even more pissed off than usual...because just before the crash I thought to myself "we need another SC and Michael's back in the game"...

#93 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

sorry, jen, but i only had eyes for the bmw's...4th and 6th...not bad at all, considering jacques started 19th...and i admit an errant 'whoopee!' escaped my lips when the track bit michael...michael started at benetton (now renault), so it would be cool for him to spend his final season in motor racing there.

#94 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:29 AM

Well while an errant "whooopee!" escaped your lips...a few curse words escaped mine, walls got punched and :p was the expression of my face until Button had his blow up. At which point :p and ;) and laughed and laughed...and went back :p

Bloody tyres are playing a really big role in the outcome of races these days and I hate that. I hated it when Michael won oh so much because of it and I hate it now. Now hopefully Ferrari has cleared up this engine problem and we won't have any more problems on that front the rest is up to Bridgestone. They have to perform

#95 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

well what a weekend, starting with Quali on the Saturday, (anyone else think Yuji Ide would benefit from some driving lessons?) the commentators were going all out and practically wetting themselves over Button, who I have to admit had a nice lap for pole, but we all knew he wasn't going to keep up front for long when the race started, I noticed Jaques did a sterling job getting himself in the top ten, he obviously had a lot of fuel in the car for the last session, as he was only one stopping in the race, but I reckon if he hadn't had the 10 place penalty and been lighter, he would have been well up in the top 10, and YAY he finished in the points again...

what was with Ferrari this weekend, you'd have thought a team with their experience would get the tyres right, (roll on a single tyre manufacturer and slicks) poor Massa gets taken out at the start, then Schumacher crashes out!! not a weekend they will want to remember, lets hope normal service will resume at Imola...

I had to snigger when Montoya did his little spin on the parade lap, I don't think anyone else has done that since Coulthard spun of while he was on pole in and then I had another laugh when Buttons engine blew, well he had been going backwards all day :p though it was the teams decision to retire him before he limped over the finish line apparently, to save him from incuring a 10 place penalty (gah!! I really hate this stupid penalty)...

I have to say though, I really enjoyed the race, it was worth getting up at 4.30 for, but I'll be glad when we get back to europe...

on a sidenote, it looks like Damon Hill will be the new president of Silverstone’s owners the British Racing Drivers’ Club...

#96 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

Haha 4.30 was a lay in for me. >_:p

Gah, three weeks til the next race. Stupid Easter.

PS - Also well driven Ralph. Been a while since I've said that, but he thoroughly deserved that third place.

#97 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:08 AM

a great weekend, imo...

kettle: lmao @ (roll on a single tyre manufacturer and slicks)...which made me remember a game (in various incarnatons) my brothers and i played as kids..in england it was called 'formula 1' and later, in canada, reissued (and improved) as 'speed circuit'...i have always meant to expand the rules for that game to include a series of tracks which i drew to scale from images in magazines in something of a season...it would be cool to adapt some of the variables of a computer racing game to a tabletop game...ok, it's late and i'm rambling...but i'm still pumped over jacques' performance.

bad: roflmao @ 'stupid easter'

#98 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:23 AM

I must admit, a far more entertaining race than usual. Great efforts by Ralf and Jaques, and whenever both Ferrari's crash out its always good. Massa seems to be having all the bad luck in the world.

I reackon, given a couple of years sticking together and with a bit of luck on their side, Liuzzi and Speed are gonna be a pretty decent team. Particularly Liuzzi.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#99 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:37 AM

kettle I demand to know what is this affection towards JJ...no Schumacher fan is to like him damn it!

on the Schumcaher issue. Well official explaination, tyres weren't responding before the first pit-stop and afterwards once the tyres were going well Schumacher began hauling himself back up the ranks and then that acursed brush with the wall. And naturally right before the stop he was low on fuel so those low times should've been expected.

Nevertheless I did find it amusing that he went into the Toyota garage, after trying to get back to Ferrari but with the mass or reporters following him decided to just take the back exit from Toyota. Also the fact that no one looked at him while he walked around the garage...argh...we would've done decent, infact that last safety car would've even meant he might have reached the podium!...ARGH!!! I JUST REALIZED THAT:( *runs around screaming*...

#100 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

I had wondered why Schumacher decided to take a little trip in the Toyota garage, I thought maybe he'd had one too many knocks to the head :p

as to being a Jaques fan, well I've always liked him, he's got character, he's not one for keeping his mouth shut, if he's got something to say he say's it (which usualy gets him into trouble) and all he needs now is the right car beneth him to win races again :p

I finally remembered which GP it was that Coulthard spun on the parade lap, Monza 1995, he was in the williams, team mate to Hill, and Johnny Herbert won the race in the Benneton....

@BAD, Your sig made me laugh :p

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users