• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#41 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

I can't face it...that man is my Hero...nay GOD! I grew up watching him destroy everything and everyone that came in his way...it's just so hard:( however just to make the pain easier to bear...if there is to be pain...I start the season off with a pessimistic view point. So if they do fall flat on their faces again I won't be as disappointed. However...in light of the number of days left I shall now procede to perform the usual ritual ...

*runs around screaming*ITS COMING! ITS COMING!*dons Schumacher hat*

@Kallor: We do not speak of that unholy year:p

Just out of plain curisosity...how many of you folks actually watched qualifying the last 2 years or so? I'll be honest and say I didn't, partly cause I worked Saturday mornings but even if I didn't work I wouldn't have watched it. It was so boring, 1 car after the other. It was just easier to wake up at 9 read who was on pole and go back to bed
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#42 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Always watched it. 'cept when I slept in. =|

Hoepfully my work schedule now will enable me to either get up earlier than normal to watch the Qualifying/Race or I'll be back before its' started. :cool: Won't be missing the first one either:-

F1: Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying
10:30 - 12:15
Saturday, 11 March
ITV1 - UK

Is there a pre-season show on in the UK anyone? Or did I miss it already?

#43 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

you missed it already BAD, so did I cos I forgot to programme the vcr last saturday :p

I have just come to the awful realisation I'm not going to be home on sunday!! I'm going to have to record the first race of the season.....why did they have to move it to Bahrain *shakes fist*...if it had been good old Australia for the first race there wouldn't have been this conflict!!

I have to admit in the last year I didn't really watch the Qualifying, it had got so boring, I'm crossing my fingers that this new format will be exciting from start to finish.

is anyone else glad tyre changing during the race is back? hopefully we will see more charges to the front now tyre wear isn't going to be the issue it was....don't worry Jen, old Schummi still has a few charges left in him :p

and Kallor.....the couch is mine :p

#44 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:44 PM

qualifying was once so simple (and exciting), wasn't it? it was a 'second' race each weekend, a day early, something to 'pump you up' for the race the following day...now, i can't be bothered to get up and watch a chancy one-off lap that may or may not indicate the performance of a car.

btw...rumour has it that one or more of the teams have not been 'honest' in testing...that is, they have been untruthful regarding the performance of their cars...hmmm, this has the aroma of ferrari (and hopefully bmw)

go jacques, go!

#45 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

Untruthful in what sense? Faster than they are supposed to be or slower? I demand to know where it is you have heard this rumour...because if you're bringing my hopes up *shakes fist*

It begins tommorow:eek:

@kallor: who is this Jaques u speak of?
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#46 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

jen, that would be jacques...and if all is right in the universe, then schumi will be breathing his exhaust...and btw, those rumours about a team (or two) refer to making the competition think that their cars were not up to snuff...so who knows, michael may just be able to make the top ten...lol

#47 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

well soon we shall see the new quali for ourselves, though it seems a lot of the drivers are complaining about it being too complicated, I have to agree with you Kallor, why they had to mess with a perfectly good qualifying system in the first place is beyond me, though supposedly it was to give the lower running cars more screen time as the camera was always focused on the front runners, and the back of the grid sponsers wern't happy, well finaly they have realised the public arn't happy and have been switching off in droves, which isn't good for any of the sponsers! so I have my fingers crossed that we see something intresting and entertaining on Saturday....

go Jaques go :p

#48 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Well its really not all that confusing. We have some what of a mini race now on saturdays. Now had they not changed this engine rule to last one entire race, we might actually have had a mini race. But we'll see...though really its not that confusing lol 22 drivers the first time around after 15mins we drop 6 then break for 5mins the next 15mins go by and we drop 6 more then break for 5 mins. These 12 drivers don't have to start the race with the same fuel load as they finished qualifying in. Then for the remaining 25mins or so 10 drivers battle it out for 1 - 10. These 10 drivers have to start the race with the same fuel load. You know I personally can't wait to see how it turns out, keeping my fingers crossed.

Really anyone with a brain should see that its not confusing;)

#49 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

That actually sounds pretty darn good. And, IT STARTS TOMORROW!!!1 =D

#50 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

are you saying some of the drivers don't have a brain Jen?...wait a minute I think Coulthard was complainig the loudest...

I've got my place booked in front of the telly tomorrow for the quali...yipee...*does a happy dance*

#51 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

Well Max was the one that said it was confusing and mentioned how many fans would turn away cause it was far to confusing. I don't know whats so confusing personally...even today in the press confrence someone one asked about the quali system and business. Michael told him to make the fans lives easier by explaining things to us. Though I don't see what needs explaining...*-)(bah...msn emoticon) This system was infact voted in by the fans in the first place. Yes if you missed it, a few months ago Formula1.com had a pole with 3 different quali versions as proposals and most fans voted for this one. So I'm sure we understand it:p

#52 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

YOu know on further thought...I can see how its confusing. It'll be hell for the teams to come up with strategies, essentially the first few races will be all about finding the best strategy that works lol...:eek: THINK ABOUT MONACO! *runs around screaming*

:eek: Max...laughing...
Posted Image

#53 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:10 PM

hmmm u folks are going to get me into trouble:p Triple posting and such.

First...I would like perform a little ritual *runs around screaming*AHHHHHHHHHH*puts on Schumacher hat*

Second...I have now grown tired of Mclaren and want to strangle the entire design team. Sure I was happy when that happened, but that's just wrong. Kimi has suffered this for far too long at the hands of Mclaren and their ability to build cars that break down every other hour. Perhaps Mclaren should take heed of Ron's very wise words "To finish first, first you have to finish"

Third...Not as exciting as I was hoping for:( It's essentially still just single lap quali. God knows why Ferrari felt the need to show off *is still angry at Massa* It's this crazy start with the same fuel load rule, granted it creates for some stellar racing on sunday and this system is far better than the previous single lap. I still do miss the days of old

Four...Well took Michael long enough. 2years to go from 63 poles to 65...dear god.

#54 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

m/ Ferrari m/

Nice new qualifying. I like the knockout setup for the first two rounds. But the third part just seems pointless going round the track for 6-7 laps and then just 1-2 flying laps. It's just boring. They should just have another 15 minute session like the last two and then refuel afterwards. Hell, I just wish they'd go back to 12 lap qualifying. But yeah FOlken it still beats last year. Though I did like the fact that they had one chance to get it right in qualifyinh last year.

Just like to point out I hate fickle commentators and media. Last year it was all "oh schumi is finished, burnt out, he should retire, leave with grace, blahblahblah. . . " And now he's everyones favourite again. He isn't "back" he never left, just other teams cars were better and their tyres. Maybe he wasn't totally on top of his game (I seriously doubt that). But it doesn't mean he left. . . What place did he actually finish last year? Third!!! Yeah he was over. :p

Also nice job from Massa. Although it remains to be seen what the Renaults fuel load is. But their head honcho seemed a bit dishevelled while trying to seem upbeat.

PS - I hope McBoringLaren's bad luck continues.

PPS - There is an edit button Folken. Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

Have you thought of the mayhem this new quali system will cause in Monaco?!...It shall truly be fantastic!

I wonder why no one is making a big deal about Michael equalling Senna's Pole record

#56 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

has Gerhard Berger just told Max he's hired a hitman, so he can take care of his little car maufacturer problem!!

well that was a quite interesting Qualifying, compared to last years Quali thats is, you still can't beat the old system :p

your God must have heard you prayers Jen....at last Schummi equals Sennas pole position record, I can't think there's many left for him to achieve now, mind you whats the record for the oldest driver in F1? :p

so do you think Renault were playing it safe? or that they haven't quite got the handle on the new V8, as we know from last year they can qualify on pole with plenty of fuel in the car, also what happened to Barrichello? I expected more of him, nearly a full second behind Button!! c'mon Button isn't that good a driver...here's hoping he does better in the race.

#57 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

Well the only other record that really even remotely mattered, at least in my eyes, was most consecutive wins. Currently held by Ascari, and most likely to be held by him forever and ever, at 9 wins straight. Ofcourse had that jackass for a driver not crashed into Michael (or for those of you who like to see things differently, Michael crashed into him) at Monaco in 2004 that record would've been set to 14 straight victories by God alas that is one record that will remain to a giant of old.

As for the rest, like GrandPrix.com put it "Well, folks, you'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out!" Tune in tommorow indeed. I don't know what to speculate. Ferrari wasn't even supposed to be on top, by their own admission, then again Michael's always saying such things. Alonso messed up his lap, but he still set the fastest lap of the day in the 2nd session, Michael's fastest, which was 2nd fastest lap, came on his last lap of the day. So that would suggest 1 of 2 things. A) The Ferrari is insanely quick :p They're running light, oh so very light
Which one is it? I have no clue...my heart wishes A, but it is probably best to go in thinking it's B. Yes, indeed it is

Ah and yes for Button VS Rubens. Turns out RB was struggling with handling all weekend, hence his current situation. I do wish Rubens kicks Buttons rear end. Then perhaps I'll switch back to the ITV commentary as they will stop yapping about their little poddle.

#58 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

:eek:...*thud*...that was AWESOME!
Even though we got our ass kicked(just a little bit though):p

#59 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

Twas a close one especially after the second pit stops

#60 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

that was a good race :p I didn't think Alonso was going to be able to pass Schummi in the last round of pit stops as he was stuck behind all that traffic, but he pulled it off and showed us why he's world champion :p poor Schummi :p but at least it shows that Ferrari is back, were they one of the teams sandbagging over winter testing?

well done to Kimi too, love or hate him he did finish on the podium only 19 seconds behind Alonso after starting last, a solid drive from him...

Button finished 4th and blamed a slipping clutch for his poor start, which stopped him from being on the podium :p but considering he was able to overtake Montoya etc, I think that is a poor excuse. Poor Barrichello, it seems his Ferrari luck has followed him to Honda, I hope he doesn't have another season of failures and being let down...

GAH!! did you see that BMW engine blow up, Jaques was in for some point scoring too....Kallor you wern't praying hard enough!!

Rosberg did well on his first outing for Williams, scoring points in his first race, lets hope he can keep up the good work...

roll on next weekend and Malaysia....I can't wait!!

forgot to say....don't listen to ITV coverage, they still think the sun shines out of Buttons backside!!

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users