• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#21 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

speaking of overtaking, has anyone seen the proposed new 'split' rear wing configuration proposed by the inmates at the fia?

and the 248 f1 really doesn't cut it...perhaps the rumours of schumacher buying renault and running a team are more than just, well, rumours...

#22 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:38 PM

hmmm...i guess we're not the f1 fans we claim to be...

#23 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

yes we are...give time to respond:p Waking up at 6 in the morning every other sunday is proof of that...though I guess for you its even earlier

248F1...keeps breaking down:( Doesnt look like my God will be doing well again this year. :eek: He'll be out paced by Rubens...oh I can see the headlines and gloating now...Ferrari should have never restructured their team. It's like the fine tuned machine recieved a new part and everything began to fall apart

As to that Schumacher rumour...I don't see it happening. It'd be awesome if it did, I wouldn't have to go on a hunt to find someone else to support. But I just don't see him as a team principal. Yes like EJ says, he'll open a kagillion doors just by the clout of his name but drivers generally have never made good team owners. Look at Prost, he worked just as hard as Schumacher he didn't fair so well.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#24 Guest_bluesman_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

F1 isn't the same without these guys : http://www.grouplotus.com/car/

Lotus had the coolest looking F1 color. Pitch black.

Why did they quit? Money?

bm

#25 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:36 PM

The lotus did look nice. Only one I have really liked the look of in fairly recent times was the Arrows car when they had Jos "the boss" Verstappen racing in it. That was a great colour scheme, looked like an angry hornet on the road. :cool: They dissapeared though soon after. Seems like the sport doesn't like good looking cars. ;)

Haha there's always that six wheeled monster that was knocking around for a season too.

#26 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

I'd say F1 has the best looking cars of all comparable racing series.

Indy cars are just ugly and F3 cars look like lawnmowers by comparison.

#27 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

@fool...i agree, though the new cars seem to be sprouting wings on their, erm, wings...seriously, all these little bits of carbon fibre glued all over the place i just don't get; if the idea behind aerodynamics is to push your car through the air with the least disruption to said air, why complicate things with lots of little (and therefore hardly efficient) winglets? now, having said that, F1 cars are by far the most beautiful machines on earth...

...which brings up another issue...everyone knows that F1 drivers are the bvest in the world. why then do the NASCAR (nextel and busch), indy racing league, world of outlaws and champ car all lie and say their drivers are the best...drives me crazy (that must be it)...,

...and, finally, someone has recognised the truth. nigel mansell was quoted as saying he thinks jacques will surprise a lot of people this year. i was never a fan of nigel's but thanks anyway.

k, i'm done for now.

#28 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

Its because of all the wind tunnel tests they do.

They basically put the car in a wind tunnel, get a result, then glue some crap onto it and test it again and get a better result so they keep the crap.

I dont think there's a lot of theory behind it...

#29 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

I think they just liked playing with lego when they were kids and haven't got over the whole sticking extra bits on to make it look cool thing ;)

I'm crossing my fingers that the 248F1 is going to start showing some improvement, I can't see Schumacher continuing with Ferrari or even behind the wheel of another car if he has another season like last year, Team Schumacher might be the way to go, I can see VW being interested...

@ Kallor, where is this Mansell quote, I must see it with mine own eyes!!

what do you all think to Mad Max's latest suggestions?

The first is that Formula One should adopt a system of promotion and relegation between itself and GP2, along the lines that are already used in football.

Quite simply, the lowest scoring team or teams at the end of each F1 season would swap places with the best GP2 teams, the idea being to "generate more interest in the sport."

and

At the same time, Mosley has also revealed that the FIA are considering a revolutionary new format for 2011 and beyond. This would no longer mandate cubic capacity of the engines, instead a free-for-all formula would be introduced, with teams simply given a specific allowance of fuel for each grand prix race weekend and being left to their own devices to come up with a power unit that combined sufficient horsepower with the best fuel economy.

"All kinds of motors will be allowed," Mosley said, "but every car will get an equal amount of fuel. So it will be based on (fuel) consumption. Who wins will be the one who uses (the fuel) best. It is something that we will talk about at greater length on a later date."

scuse me while I just bang my head against a brick wall....:)

#30 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

@kettle...the site was f1.racing-live.com, but the article is now in their archive and unavailable unless you spend some big bucks. you can read the headline though, it's dated yesterday.

#31 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:54 PM

thanks Kallor, I have bookmarked the site for future reference....

#32 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

hey...where are you guys? there's less than 10 days left til bahrain and no one's posting...

what do you think of mad max mosley's demands that the manufacturers sign up 'or else'...will dave richards (yuck) get it together to do an F1 team?

who else wants to go to the french GP to watch both the 100th anniversary of grand prix racing AND pink floyd WITH roger waters?

#33 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:49 PM

*raises hand* me me me!!

erm sorry Kallor, I've been busy reading this little book called Bonehunters :)

god I wish someone would do something about Mad Max, how the hell did he get to be FIA president anyway? do you think he spouts off just to get the attention? we all know there have to be some cost cutting measures put in place in F1 if the smaller independent teams are to survive, also a smaller budget will attract other car manufacturers into the sport, but pushing Renault, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota and BMW into doing what he wants and signing up to the new 2008 regulations by the end of the month or else is nothing more then bully tactics, will they cave in and sign on the dotted line within the one-week window, or will they turn round and tell him to kiss their collective asses? for the sport I hope they will sign up, but it would be worth seeing the look on Mad Max's face if they told him to stick his offer where the sun don't shine :)

as to Dave Richards, I thinks Bleh!! is the correct phrase when mentioning his name;)

right.....back to Bonehunters....

#34 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:03 AM

@kettle...the one acceptable excuse...well done

seriously, though...this season promises to be as new and different as it could be...though the reduction from v-10s to v-8s has had very liitle effect on overall lap times, it has certainly thrown some chaos into the top teams and i'm sure we'll see more than a few surprises on the podium...i just hope that the next part of reaper's gale doesn't arrive at the same time as the race...meh, what are commercials for....

#35 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:13 AM

You know I would strangle you for said comments if I could...but since you live far away and I'm to cheap to buy a ticket I shall let you live...however if I am anywhere near your vacinity in the future I will be sure to drop by for a little "chat"

I'm to anxious to talk about it. No Bonehunters, F1 in 1 week, Canada Post losing my Healthy Dead parcel, making a web-site, everything...has made me regress into a fetal position just hoping it will all arrive in due time.

However as to the greatest sport on this here planet of ours all I can say is
*runs around screaming* ITS COMING! ITS COMING! ITS COMING! *puts on 7 Time World Champion Schumacher hat and black Ferrari shirt* Let the waiting begin...1 week...teams arrive thursday...practice begins Friday...speculation begins evening...qualifying Sat further speculation...Race Sunday further speculation...and once the smoke has settled and people have gone home I will find the remains of my God:(

This is the first time in 5 years I begin a season with no hope at all...
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#36 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

http://www.grandprix...ns/ns16334.html - read the last few lines

#37 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

You know I need to see more of the world….what was that Kallor?.....an open invitation to watch F1 at your house and ransack it looking for chapters of Reapers Gale if I’m ever in Winnipeg!!....*sells children and buys a first class ticket to Canada* :)

I’m really looking forward to this season, with the new V8 engines we are back to a more level pegging situation, though of course there will be one or two teams who will get it right from the start, Honda were looking good at their Valencia testing, McLaren are quick and all they need is reliability early in the season and they will have a championship winning car I think, Renault has also had great winter testing, and I wouldn’t rule out Ferrari just yet as

Michael Schumacher says the promising form of the new Ferrari 248 F1 in winter testing has been just the motivating force he needed as he tries to banish his 2005 season from memory.
and we all know what Schummi can do when motivated...

It’s all to play for, with new teams and new drivers… can’t wait :)

now I'm off back to Bonehunters, p643...so little left.....I don't want it to end...*sob*

#38 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:24 AM

Does anyone know Lady Luck's number? I wonder if we can get her to fix that armour around Schumacher's luck...

#39 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:32 AM

Or we can get oponn to push the car if its not fast enough.

#40 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

just so long as schumi doesn't get in jacques' way...else we'll see another japan 97, where schumacher tried to bump villeneuve off but ended up in the gravel for his efforts (and deservedly so)

sure, kettle, come and play hide and seek for reaper's chapters during commercial breaks of an F1 race...just so long as they don't leave the premises...you can bunk on the couch (though you may have to fight mal over it)...

jen, i'm sorry life is such a pain for you right now and that i can't give you better news regarding michael's chances (face it, he's an old man now)

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users