Malazan Empire: Purge of Ashes - out today! - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Purge of Ashes - out today! Malazan inspired novel, long time coming, out in its definitive form

#21 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

  • I sneeze warrens.
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 482
  • Joined: 03-December 09
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com, https://www.facebook.com/joel.minty, and I also wrote for TOR.com about Malazan: https://reactormag.com/gardens-of-the-moon-and-difficult-fantasy-advice-to-first-time-readers/

Posted 24 September 2026 - 01:16 AM

Pat who?

I'm actually about 80% through a list of 100 fantasy YouTube influencers, finding the ones that suit Imbalance, and asking them if they're keen - hoping Miles Cameron's blurb does the heavy lifting. Very few responses at all, mostly negative, but I did do my first interview over at Bald & Balding. I should send to the final 20%. I really... don't want to go on Tiktok. And yes, I'm not paying for ads and have already turned down an aspiring publicist.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

0

#22 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,647
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 24 September 2026 - 05:46 AM

Pats fantasy holist, Malazans favourite blog!
1

#23 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,647
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 25 September 2026 - 05:50 AM

Randomly, today's Oatmeal comic/announcement had a panel that felt relevant.
To be an author today you have to be a marketer as well
0

#24 User is offline   Tsundoku 

  • A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 5,293
  • Joined: 06-January 03
  • Location:Maison de merde

Posted 25 September 2026 - 08:22 AM

View PostMacros, on 25 September 2026 - 05:50 AM, said:

Randomly, today's Oatmeal comic/announcement had a panel that felt relevant.
To be an author today you have to be a marketer as well


Dead therapist?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker
0

#25 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,647
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 25 September 2026 - 05:01 PM

Attached File  Screenshot 2026-09-25 181953.png (250.15K)
Number of downloads: 0


New science book
1

#26 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

  • I sneeze warrens.
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 482
  • Joined: 03-December 09
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com, https://www.facebook.com/joel.minty, and I also wrote for TOR.com about Malazan: https://reactormag.com/gardens-of-the-moon-and-difficult-fantasy-advice-to-first-time-readers/

Posted 27 September 2026 - 03:46 AM

View PostMacros, on 24 September 2026 - 05:46 AM, said:

Pats fantasy holist, Malazans favourite blog!


Can't quite find how to contact them for some reason. Otherwise... I will endevor.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

0

#27 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 12,928
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 27 September 2026 - 07:11 AM

Pat posts frequently in the cheap/free ebooks thread so you might be able to PM him here.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
2

#28 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,647
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 27 September 2026 - 08:36 AM

And Wert as well
1

#29 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

  • I sneeze warrens.
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 482
  • Joined: 03-December 09
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com, https://www.facebook.com/joel.minty, and I also wrote for TOR.com about Malazan: https://reactormag.com/gardens-of-the-moon-and-difficult-fantasy-advice-to-first-time-readers/

Posted 29 September 2026 - 03:13 AM

Done and done, fine sirs!
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

0

#30 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 12,928
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted Yesterday, 10:49 AM

I started this yesterday and I already like Avery the best!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users