• You cannot reply to this topic

Israel and Iran Looking close to hot!

#101 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 October 2024 - 03:02 PM

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 02:17 PM, said:

View Postthe broken, on 01 October 2024 - 01:35 PM, said:

Two front war is traditionally a bad thing, wonder what the idea of this is.

This isn't WW2 and it's not a war in any sense that the 'two front' thing is relevant to. Israel is bombing the crap out of children and families in the hope of hitting terrorists and others who struck at them. Israel ALWAYS bombs the crap out of children and families in the hope of hitting terrorists who launch on them. That the North group struck while they were already engaged against the Occupied Territories groups is as irrelevant as it was when Iran took a shot. That the terrorists (the ons too low ranking or stupid to gtfo) are hiding among people who had no say in the mess didn't stop either side - never does.

There won't be any ceasefire unless Hamas agrees to one.

Hamas has no reason to agree to anything. Anyone important to Hamas is sitting in another country entirely, sipping tea and gleefully watching Israel torch international goodwill as they knew they would. Hamas isn't suffering in any way that matters to it. Neither is Hezbollah.

FTFY.

Also as to torching Israel's international goodwill, well good. Netanyahu is a genocidal war criminal and he and his state should be hauled before a war crimes court.

They won't of course but I've seen enough murdered children to last me a lifetime and the less we support them the better.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#102 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 03:49 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 October 2024 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hamas has no reason to agree to anything. Anyone important to Hamas is sitting in another country entirely, sipping tea and gleefully watching Israel torch international goodwill as they knew they would. Hamas isn't suffering in any way that matters to it. Neither is Hezbollah.

FTFY.

Really?

Hamas said an Israeli airstrike Monday killed its leader in Lebanon.

Hamas said Fatah Sharif and his family were killed in the strike on the Al-Buss refugee camp in the southern port city of Tyre.

[...] a major strike on Friday [...] killed Hezbollah's longtime leader, Hassan Nasrallah.

[...] Israel hit targets across Lebanon in the past few days and killed dozens of people, with Hezbollah sustaining heavy blows to its command structure[...]

Hezbollah confirmed that Nabil Kaouk, the deputy head of its Central Council, was killed Saturday, making him the seventh senior Hezbollah leader killed in Israeli strikes in a little over a week. They include the group's founding members who had evaded death or detention for decades.

Hamas leader in Lebanon killed in airstrike as Israel kills 7th Hezbollah commander - CBS News

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 01 October 2024 - 03:50 PM

#103 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 04:10 PM

US intelligence reporting that Iran is preparing a ballistic missile strike on Israel. The attack may only use ballistic missiles capable of reaching Israel in 12-15 minutes, not the attack a while back using hundreds of slower-moving drones taking 2 hours to reach their targets which gave Israel plenty of warning.

Israel indicating if Iran does that, it will respond very heavily, with the current favourite tactic being targeting Iran's nuclear facilities.

Obviously a very tense moment.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#104 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 04:43 PM

Missile attack on Israel underway. Tel Aviv's sky is lighting up like nothing we've seen so far in this conflict.

Video footage from Isfahan showing several clusters of missiles fired, 8 in one, maybe 15 in another. It looks like the larger group was fired at Tel Aviv. Several were hit in mid-air, but several definitely impacted. The angles suggest they may have landed outside the city.

The smaller group looks like it was aimed in the vicinity of Jerusalem.

This post has been edited by Werthead: 01 October 2024 - 04:48 PM

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#105 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 October 2024 - 04:49 PM

...FTFY.

Did this

That the terrorists (the ons too low ranking or stupid to gtfo) are hiding among people who had no say in the mess didn't stop either side - never does.

Not make the same point, Tiste?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#106 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 04:53 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 01 October 2024 - 03:49 PM, said:

Really?

Actually yes, really. They have more where those came from. The guys financing them keep a stockpile.

#107 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 05:07 PM

Israeli news sources saying 140 missiles were fired and "almost" all were destroyed in mid-air.

#108 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 05:16 PM

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 04:49 PM, said:

...FTFY.

Did this

That the terrorists (the ons too low ranking or stupid to gtfo) are hiding among people who had no say in the mess didn't stop either side - never does.

Sort of but not quite. What I attempted to say puts a lot more responsibility on the evil actions of Israel whereas what I got from your sentence suggests more that Israel is more justified than I believe they are.

The actions of the terrorists are hideous and evil as well.

A few thousand dead children to take them out is not acceptable though. Israel is using the actions of Hamas to commit genocide.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#109 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 05:37 PM

Whilst the missile attack was taking place, at least 4 Israelis were killed in stabbings and shootings in Jaffa and Tel Aviv, 10 more injured. An additional report of an incident at a hotel in Tel Aviv.

Israel has called the attack "very serious" and it will merit a very heavy response. This was not a limited attack.

Iran has simultaneously said this attack is the only measure it plans to take at the moment and advises Israel not to retaliate further.

#110 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 05:46 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 October 2024 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 04:49 PM, said:

...FTFY.

Did this

Sort of but not quite. What I attempted to say puts a lot more responsibility on the evil actions of Israel whereas what I got from your sentence suggests more that Israel is more justified than I believe they are.

The actions of the terrorists are hideous and evil as well.

A few thousand dead children to take them out is not acceptable though. Israel is using the actions of Hamas to commit genocide.

'you didn't make them sound evil enough'

#111 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2024 - 05:46 PM

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 01 October 2024 - 03:49 PM, said:

Really?

Actually yes, really. They have more where those came from. The guys financing them keep a stockpile.

That's moving the goal-posts a bit---to those financing them.

From a quick glance through articles on this subject from reputable sources---even news outlets generally very critical of Israel grant that these leaders really were important to Hezbollah and Hamas; and experts seem to agree that the current leader of Hamas is probably in the tunnels underneath Gaza.

Assuming otherwise may seem logical... unless you remember that these leaders are zealots.

But yes of course it's true that many more will be willing to replace them. However, at least in the case of Hezbollah, Israel seems to have killed enough of the leadership to make that transition difficult in the short term.

And of course I don't think that justifies Israel's genocidal slaughter of civilians. Tempting as it is to want to think that the people truly important to Hamas and Hezbollah must all be safely hiding elsewhere, that just doesn't seem to be the empirical reality---unless you have reputable sources to cite that I haven't yet seen?... (beyond the recursive froth of social media bubbles)

#112 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 06:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 05:46 PM, said:

I guess if you see it that way. Israel is very much sticking to the narrative of "oh we're only trying to stop terrorists" while bombing hospitals and places that were meant to be safe. Just saying they're hitting hard at the terrorists severely underplays what is actually happening.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#113 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 06:48 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 October 2024 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 01 October 2024 - 05:46 PM, said:

I guess if you see it that way. Israel is very much sticking to the narrative of "oh we're only trying to stop terrorists" while bombing hospitals and places that were meant to be safe. Just saying they're hitting hard at the terrorists severely underplays what is actually happening.

Except that i didn't just say that. You just skipped over that part of my post. I've been clear i have zero love for what Israel is doing. Look somewhere else for someone to be angry at.

#114 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 06:55 PM

I'm genuinely not angry at you Abyss, and I figure I have known you long enough that I know you don't support a lot of what is going on. I think some wires got crossed here (most likely my fault).
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#115 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 October 2024 - 07:14 PM

Alright - consider it closed and moving on now.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users