Malazan Empire: Ye Big Bond ... James Bond Thread - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Bond ... James Bond Thread Render unto this thread all that which is Bond

#1 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:24 AM

So ... Aaron Taylor-Johnson? :ermm:

https://www.news.com...8bfa6909bda2c00

Marvel star Aaron Taylor-Johnson ‘offered’ James Bond role
Daniel Craig will be replaced in the iconic franchise after five films and now the new star taking on the role has been revealed.

Joshua Haigh

March 19, 2024 - 4:08PM

A Marvel actor has reportedly been “officially offered” the role of James Bond.

British actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been formally offered the chance to take over from current Bond star Daniel Craig, according to The Sun.

Eon Productions, which makes the spy thriller films, is on course to start shooting this year.

A source said: “Bond is Aaron’s job, should he wish to accept it. The formal offer is on the table and they are waiting to hear back.

“As far as Eon is concerned, Aaron is going to sign his contract in the coming days and they can start preparing for the big announcement.”

The next Bond movie had been delayed because of last year’s Hollywood strikes.

But insiders confirmed a script was now being worked on, with production scheduled to take place at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.

Aaron, 33, was in the running for the top job alongside actors including Oscar-winning Cillian Murphy, Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and James Norton.

When asked last week whether he would step into Bond’s shoes, Aaron said: “I find it charming and wonderful that people see me in that role. I take it as a great compliment.”

In 2022, The Sun revealed that he was in the running for the job after secretly screen testing for Bond movie supremo Barbara Broccoli at Pinewood Studios. Aaron, who is from High Wycombe, Bucks, made a name for himself starring in the Kick-Ass and Avengers movies.

He started his acting career in 2000s The Apocalypse, opposite Richard Harris, and appeared in 2008 teen movie Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging and 2022’s Bullet Train with Brad Pitt.

Insiders said Aaron’s performance as a psychopath in 2016 thriller Nocturnal Animals, which saw him win a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor, opened the door to the Bond role.

A source said: “Aaron may not be the best known in his field but he is an incredibly talented actor. His role in Nocturnal Animals showed his depth as an actor. He is the perfect person to play Bond and will pick up well from where Daniel left off.”

Craig, 56, put down his Walther PPK pistol for the final time after 2021’s No Time To Die.

It ended with a shocking finale in which Bond is apparently killed off. So with 007 seemingly dead, it is unclear where the next movie will fit in the timeline.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 01 April 2024 - 01:50 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:45 AM

It's the Sun so I'll hold off on reacting until a more reliable source mentions it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:30 PM

So after all that talk of a female or a Black or an otherwise refreshingly diverse James Bond... it's a generically handsome white guy?

They should've chosen Joe Biden---at least he's old....

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 March 2024 - 02:17 PM

it will inevitably be a white guy but i wouldn't go making 'Maximoff, Pietro Maximoff' memes just yet.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 March 2024 - 07:19 PM

Can't say I really care who the actor is, but I am curious if the execs are going to insist on making it another "reboot" or treat it more like the classics.

Also, I love how the article keeps saying "a Marvel actor" but not actually name the role he had 'cause they are so eager to grab eyes with the Marvel headline but know people wouldn't give a crap once they know it's Quicksilver.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 April 2024 - 12:45 AM

View PostD, on 31 March 2024 - 07:19 PM, said:

Can't say I really care who the actor is, but I am curious if the execs are going to insist on making it another "reboot" or treat it more like the classics.

Also, I love how the article keeps saying "a Marvel actor" but not actually name the role he had 'cause they are so eager to grab eyes with the Marvel headline but know people wouldn't give a crap once they know it's Quicksilver.

Well, dead Quicksilver anyway.
Isn't he also Kraven the Hunter? Double the Marvel!

Man, I really wish they had gone with Rege-Jean Page for Bond this time. Dude has buckets of "rizz", I believe the kids call it these days.
Which coincidentally is a prime stat for a Paladin ...

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 01 April 2024 - 12:47 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 10 April 2024 - 03:20 AM

During our spring break we went to the museum of science and Industry and what did they have ... A James Bond exhibit. 2 full galleries of Bond devices and cars. I was extremely excited. The kids were done by the end of the first gallery.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users