Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Korabas and the House of Chains

#1 User is offline   Toccs 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 June 2023 - 08:36 AM

Just a random thought I had which had never occurred to me and that I can't say I've ever really seen anywhere before. Since the House of Chains remains in the Deck of Dragons even after the Crippled God's departure, and since the Crippled God used his chains to chain Korabas to her new barrow, is she now the god/benefactor/power behind the House?
If this is the case, it would mean that she did in fact get her desire out of the whole bargain as even though by her nature she must be contained, she would now be able to participate and "create something" as another player on the board in the same way Kaminsod was after the House was sanctioned.
I've read the whole series multiple times and this interpretation of Korabas' ending has never occurred to me before until just now, so I'm completely willing to accept that I may have overlooked some detail, but what do people think? Could I be on to something here?

This post has been edited by Toccs: 25 June 2023 - 08:37 AM

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 June 2023 - 12:46 PM

Honestly it's been so long since I read it, from what I recall it's as likely a theory as any.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   sigpig 

• Recruit

Posted 16 July 2023 - 08:10 PM

Crap - does that mean that House is now aspected to Otataral?

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 July 2023 - 02:37 AM

sigpig, on 16 July 2023 - 08:10 PM, said:

Interesting theory... can Otataral even be an aspect in that sense?
We've seen it can give powers (Rallick, Tavore), and be an influence of sorts (Heboric, but that wore off after a while ), but Korabas is an eleient, she's essentially a link between otataral and pure chaos. A House is meant to restrain or organize within rules... tricky to see how that might fit.
Or possibly glorious, could go either way.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   sigpig 

• Recruit

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:20 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 July 2023 - 02:37 AM, said:

View Postsigpig, on 16 July 2023 - 08:10 PM, said:

Interesting theory... can Otataral even be an aspect in that sense?
We've seen it can give powers (Rallick, Tavore), and be an influence of sorts (Heboric, but that wore off after a while ), but Korabas is an eleient, she's essentially a link between otataral and pure chaos. A House is meant to restrain or organize within rules... tricky to see how that might fit.
Or possibly glorious, could go either way.

Maybe "magic of negation" or some such. Maybe as a "counter" to the other houses.

Think of the new "Runts" (named after Mappo? We never saw what happened to his soul, as Hood and WJ were a "bit" distracted at the time. I wonder if Icky
"inadvertantly" caused his soul to Ascend with this name) - could one of them be Otataral on one side, and something involving T'renn on the other?
Speaking of T'renn, what does K'Rull do now that he's "retired"? Hang-out in his tavern in Darujhistan?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users