• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Map

#1 User is offline   yoyek 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 October 2022 - 05:29 AM

Hello all!
I am working on a website map, where the routes of main characters will be visible. At the moment I finished Genabackis GotM+MoI and hosted beta version.
Before showing it to public I wanted to speak with Joshua Butler as I am working on his map, but no response via email or forum message - anybody knows him, or can tell if I can use his map as a background?
I placed a link to his webpage on the map.

Cheers!

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:04 AM

Sorry dude, my only way to contact him is here.

Maybe he has a deviantart or similar account? Malazan Facebook or Reddit?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   yoyek 

• Recruit

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:11 AM

Well all of the message notifications are probably via email, aren't they?

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 October 2022 - 08:42 AM

I believe so.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   yoyek 

• Recruit

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:09 PM

Ok, another week without a word form Joshua. Tried via email, twitter and other social...
Today I will start to draw my own map, I am no graphic designer so it will be as simple as possible.

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:33 PM

What program(s) are you using?

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 October 2022 - 01:42 PM

View Postyoyek, on 18 October 2022 - 12:09 PM, said:

Ok, another week without a word form Joshua. Tried via email, twitter and other social...
Today I will start to draw my own map, I am no graphic designer so it will be as simple as possible.

He posts his maps on Reddit's Malazan subreddit. You might want to try reaching out to him there? He posted one not too long ago (a couple of days, maybe?)
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   yoyek 

• Recruit

Posted 19 October 2022 - 04:38 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 October 2022 - 12:33 PM, said:

What program(s) are you using?

Krita

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 18 October 2022 - 01:42 PM, said:

View Postyoyek, on 18 October 2022 - 12:09 PM, said:

He posts his maps on Reddit's Malazan subreddit. You might want to try reaching out to him there? He posted one not too long ago (a couple of days, maybe?)

Tried few of them. Maybe it is better to use my own work from the begining...

#9 User is offline   yoyek 

• Recruit

Posted 26 October 2022 - 04:40 AM

Ok, I managed to contact Joshua :)

Let me know what You think about beta version: Malazan Map

Now I am working on Seven Cities. Map doesnt work well on mobile, maybe someday I will try to adapt it to mobile version somehow.

This post has been edited by yoyek: 26 October 2022 - 12:00 PM

#10 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 August 2023 - 12:53 PM

View Postyoyek, on 26 October 2022 - 04:40 AM, said:

Ok, I managed to contact Joshua :)

Let me know what You think about beta version: Malazan Map

Now I am working on Seven Cities. Map doesnt work well on mobile, maybe someday I will try to adapt it to mobile version somehow.

This is super awesome. Do you have any updates as it would be fantastic for the 7 Cities campaigns to have available.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users