• You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2022 Gaming announcement things The Not-E3 thread

#1 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:40 PM

E3 isn't happening, but there's a bunch of gaming-related things in early June, as is tradition.

Post your hopes, dreams, reactions, cool trailers, etc in here.

Summer Game Fest is tmorrow, PC Gaming Show and Xbox on Sunday. A bunch of small things in between.

Sony kind of did a thing with a State of Play last week that showed off Spider-Man games coming to PC, as well as Final Fantasy XVI trailer, and a few other neat things.

Since THQN is doing their own thing in August, I'm not waiting for Darksiders or Legacy of Kain news in June.

As such, I'm down to just see some neat new IPs.

How about you, fellow Malazites?

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 08 June 2022 - 05:40 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#2 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:47 PM

Just excited for what everyone is exited for I guess. Always hope to be surprised by something that comes out of left field that no one was expecting. Hopefully there is some of that, and more info on the games we know are close or will be out in 2023.

[EDIT] Forbes posted the schedule for June events - https://www.forbes.c...evolver-direct/. Not sure if it includes everything, but it has most of it I think.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 08 June 2022 - 05:52 PM

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:00 PM

Watching the Summer Games Fest now.

Got to say I'm completely out of the loop. 2020 killed my hype for games along with E3. Everything feels like it's getting delayed constantly.

There's nothing I'm really hoping to see. I think I'm mostly just waiting for something to surprise me.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2022 - 01:46 AM

I went through the highlights of the Summer Game Fest.... eh, not really anything that interests me to a level that got me excited.

- There seemed to be a space horror theme predominating at the start. I guess Fort Solis could be cool. Need to see more though to get me interested. Holy snikees though, The Callisto Protocol has Mortal Kombat levels of gore and violence.

- Is Witchfire the spiritual successor of that Doom like game from decades ago? I think it was called Heretic?

- The Rock, shilling his garbage. I've tried his energy drink, and I don't recommend it.

- Neon White has a pretty cool concept. Demons from Hell building up goodwill with Heaven by helping God kill other demons. Is that how it was sold?

- Wow, Metal: Hellsinger looks cringe worthy awful. A rhythm FPS shooter to heavy metal music? Uh, no, just stop, and reevaluate your life. It looks like a game from the 1990s. I'll take Brutal Legend every day of the week and twice on Sundays over this dross.

- The Quarry is something that I'm interested in though. I played Until Dawn and loved it. The trailer was just more of that cheesy, horror flick goodness. I think that was one of the Raimi bros at the beginning? Aces!

- Saints Row: Boss Factory. Do we really want to put this in the hands of adolescent males? Walking penises, swastika people, and explicit racist slurs to abound I imagine.

- Last of Us was the big finale? I guess I'm interested in the multiplayer thing they have been working on. At one time it was supposed to be added to Last of Us II as DLC, but I guess now it is going to be a stand alone game, huh. Also, Last of Us 1 to be remade for PS5 tech. Eh, a money grab no doubt. I would be interested to play it though and see for myself the so called enhanced experience on the latest tech.

But yeah, my overall feelings about Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest is a resounding, meh, yawn. I hope the Microsoft/Bethesda deal comes in stronger.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 June 2022 - 02:37 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 June 2022 - 06:00 PM, said:

Watching the Summer Games Fest now.

Got to say I'm completely out of the loop. 2020 killed my hype for games along with E3. Everything feels like it's getting delayed constantly.

There's nothing I'm really hoping to see. I think I'm mostly just waiting for something to surprise me.

I dunno, I'm looking forward to SHREDDERS REVENGE, and AMERICAN ARCADIA....and as an old school FLASHBACK fan, FLASHBACK 2 should be DOOOOOOOOPE.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2022 - 04:40 PM

Looked through some of the Day of the Devs presentation. Found the games presented, on the whole, were way more interesting than those shown during the Summer Game Fest event.

This one having a really cool concept.

#7 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:21 AM

Keighley lost pacing. It was all space horror and anime, until it wasn't.

Added Port Solis and Routine (which was apparently vapour-ware level title that's now back and has a publisher?) to my wishlist. A few neat strategy games sprinkled in there-- the Aliens one is by the devs behind Battlefleet Gothic: Armada series, which are supposed to be pretty good. And the ex-Blizzard folks made a trailer about young Kerrigan playing archeologist, and then a hell demon punches a mech. You can't get more Blizzard than that.
Except this new game will be F2P, which spikes many alarms. Ah well, we'll see.

Oh, and the mushroom zombies Sony game will also be coming to PC at some point. That's nice.

Day of the Devs had some neat things. Devolver's games were meh, but the presentation was amazing. Might check out the demo for Anger Foot tho.

Today we got some more good action jank from IGN Expo and Freedom Games. Wanted: Dead (the new game from the creator of Ninja Gaiden) got a steam page, so did Gungrave G. O. R. E. (with a shiny new trailer), and a few of my wishlisted games got release dates/months (mostly September that's shaping up to be an expensive month). It was good to see Broken Pieces again, and it's got a demo now!
-also, another China Hero Project game, Evotinction surfaced again. Looks like it could be a neat SciFi stealth puzzler. And good to see it has a Steam page.

Tomorrow there's Guerilla collective and Future Games Show. Both of these occasionally throw out some neat surprises, so could be worth a gander.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 11 June 2022 - 06:22 AM

#8 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 June 2022 - 09:04 PM

Nothing crazy today, though some cool demos are up on Steam now from some of my wishlisted games.

The Entropy Centre is probably the highlight, being a neat portal-like. Don't think it's a brand-new reveal, though.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2022 - 05:02 PM

Watching the Xbox event. Will be interesting to see if they have anything significant to release in 2022.

I'm hoping for something juicy that's "Available on Game pass right now".

Red fall certainly looks really cool.

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2022 - 05:08 PM

Oookay High on life looks fucked up in a good way. Can't wait to play with Knify.

#11 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2022 - 06:33 PM

Running thoughts on XBox
-Redfall looks neat. Still gotta be convinced it's balanced for single-player

- I REALLY need to go back and play Hollw Knight. I quit just after beating Hornet.

- High on Life looks awesome.

-RIot on GamePass is a big get for their engagement numbers, albeit I don't care.

-Plague Tale looks awesome. Still no release date. Bah!

-good, get the car games out of the way early... oh no, they start talking about it now.

Also, Flight Sim stuff. INcluding the Halo plane (pelican, iirc?)

Also, Overwatch 2. That's right, they own Blizzard now. Flexxin on Sony? maybe

-ooh, a new TBS. Another civ clone?

Now for your annual Beth online games updates
-tease StarField, and transition to Forza..... eh

ANd now Ark II. The Easy Allies Fans will laugh

YUS SCORN. WITH A RELEASE DATE!!!!

Hey, it's that souls-like from the people that made Ashen, that looks like GreedFall, that got revealed last monht! Is there a release date?
-ooh, floats, dashes, and cool dodges.
-Early next year. All right.

up next, a MineCraft thing. "Action-strategy"-- so like Overlord-y?

-A mech farming sim "lightyear frontier"

Okay, this platformer looks awesome "Last case of Benetict Fox"- Wishlisting that.

"As Dusk Falls"- that's an adventure game. "written like a prestige TV show"... ugh

Here's Josh Sawyer's little narrative thing: Pertinent Out in November

-and now an update on Grounded. 1.0 release in September.

Ooh, cool shadow-ninja vs robots: Ereban- Shadow Legacy.

Diablo 4- Necromancer is the last class.
eh. Diablo lost its appeal when it became an always online game. But it makes sense that it'd be here.

Sea of Thieves. okay

new announcements
-Ravenlok- a less grimdark-y Alice game

-Cocoon- apuzzle game

- ooh, a Chinese Nioh!

And here's the Persona games. ON Xbox and PC.

And Kojima. This was rumored. A cloud/online thingy.

And now Starfield? It's pretty neat, but I've never been "into" BGS games. THat's a me problem though.
-dogfighting looks sufficiently Freelancer-y. That's good.
-100 star systems with all landable planets? makes BG&E2's single system look miniscule in comparison.

-

#12 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2022 - 06:47 PM

Dang, Starfield looks ginormous. The terrestial aspect looks a lot like Fallout with a space opera skin though, which I guess is expected. I wonder how much of the new things they are venturing into will feel under baked though because they have A LOT of game mechanics/systems in play it seems.

Ha, yeah, that Rick & Morty High on Life looks insane. Like if you were doing a festival weekend and are coming down off of psychedelic mushrooms and decide to go right into three hits of LSD. Right in my wheelhouse!

Coming right out of the gate strong with Redfall was a good beginning. Looks pretty cool. Liking the variety of the co-op options you can play.

Hells yeah, Hollow Knight Silksong. Hollow Knight is hard.

Lets see, what else looks cool? A Plague Tale Requiem {check} | Scorn {check} Looks like Bioshock meets H.R. Giger. | The Last Case of Benedict Fox {check} | As Dusk Falls {eh not sure yet}. Reminds me of the movie Thelma and Louise, but with a troubled family instead. Has an interesting style it looks like | Pentiment {check in caps CHECK!} This looks uber cool. | Cocoon {check in caps CHECK!} from Limbo/Inside maker, hella cool.

Was that Hideo Kojima announcement significant?

Overall, not bad, not bad at all by MS/Bethesda. *chef's-kiss

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 12 June 2022 - 06:50 PM

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2022 - 06:47 PM

Great to finally see some Starfield gameplay. Looks familiar to Fallout but sufficiently futuristic.

Gunplay and flight looks really rough. AI continues to be downright stupid in these games which is a shame.

I am suspicious of the 1000 planets you can land anywhere on. It's like they decided to smack Star Citizen together with No Man's Sky. How procedural will it all be?

#14 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:25 PM

I've long since boxed up and put away my PS4, so if Persona 5 Royal runs okay through Game Pass on my PC I might actually finish it this time :lol:

#15 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2022 - 10:44 PM

OOH, PC GAMING SHOW HAS A PRE_SHOW
-AND THEY FIRST THING THEY ANNOUNCE IS A NEW SPELLFORCE

auto-win.

Also, a trailer for that CrossFire RTS that's in Early Access, that's also looking solid.

And they start with Soulstice. That's awesome

Aand it's out in September. Of course it is.
I will be broke AF in September with all the awesome action games.

Oh, this tactics game is looking amazing. Ractical Breach Wizards

This space adventure game "invincible" looks like it's designed for VR

Flintlock continues to look cool, with the same trailer

Space horror season continues. Now with Disco Polo.

SYstem Shock continues to look amazing.

And a new Space RTS!

ooh, Scorn deep dive!

Space Marine 2! No cover EVER confirmed!!!!!

And another Action game in September. "Deliver Us Mars"

GloomWood is amazing. That is all.

#16 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 13 June 2022 - 11:27 AM

Ah, Persona 5 Royal is going to be on Steam as well, although probably after timed exclusivity on Game Pass. I'll wait for it on there, then.

#17 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:52 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 June 2022 - 01:46 AM, said:

Wow, Metal: Hellsinger looks cringe worthy awful. A rhythm FPS shooter to heavy metal music? Uh, no, just stop, and reevaluate your life. It looks like a game from the 1990s. I'll take Brutal Legend every day of the week and twice on Sundays over this dross.

I dunno, this looks like it could be fun, whereas Brutal Legend was a combination of awful and broken.

Also retro style boomer shooter clones are making a bit of a comeback. Not necessarily a bad thing considering Call of Field and Battle Duty and Modern Bullets are all basically the same.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 June 2022 - 05:06 AM

Focus is doing a "showcase" end of the month. To make people pay attention, they will announce release date for Plague Tale there.

I'm pretty stoked, b/c Focus makes cool games; I'm hoping they finally reveal what Dontnod's been working on with Focus after Vampyr.

#19 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 June 2022 - 06:07 PM

The MS/Bethesda extended thing was what I was expecting, which means - meh. Just interviews or discussion with devs and people of import while b-rolling the trailers from the main event from Sunday. I did enjoy the Squanch Games guys discussing High on Life.

#20 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2022 - 02:25 AM

Didn't watch, but it was nice of them to put in a new S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2 dev diary update there. For obvious reasons, there's no guarantees that game will make its release before Q3 next year (given some of the key staff joined the Army and all)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users