Malazan Empire: Summer 2022 Gaming announcement things - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2022 Gaming announcement things The Not-E3 thread

#21 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 June 2022 - 11:21 AM

Played about 4 levels of SHREDDER'S REVENGE last night. What a glorious and nostalgic stage-based "beat 'em up". Everything about it is a blast to play!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#22 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 17 June 2022 - 02:37 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2022 - 11:21 AM, said:

Played about 4 levels of SHREDDER'S REVENGE last night. What a glorious and nostalgic stage-based "beat 'em up". Everything about it is a blast to play!

Hell yeah, I was talking about it with a mate and I think I'm going to buy it for some awesome co-op action.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 June 2022 - 02:58 PM

View Postchamp, on 17 June 2022 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hell yeah, I was talking about it with a mate and I think I'm going to buy it for some awesome co-op action.

It's so fun! I've been trying to tempt my wife into co-oping with me!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:12 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2022 - 02:58 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 17 June 2022 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's so fun! I've been trying to tempt my wife into co-oping with me!

Have you tried dinner and a movie? Or is it all Netflix and chill as I hear the kids call it these days? ;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 June 2022 - 02:30 AM

So apparently Final Fantasy VIIR part 1 (the Intergrade) made it to Steam, and a remaster of Crisis Core is coming. Also, Part II announced for next winter, and Dragon's Dogma 2 is "in development"

Yesterday was a busy day in Japan.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 18 June 2022 - 02:30 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:50 PM

Slow goings on in games announcements since the events earlier in June. What's on the horizon for announcements/events? I'm guessing July has some planned? What up?

#27 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:55 PM

Nacon, formerly known as Big Ben, is doing a showcase thing.

I think Ubi is also re-revealing Skull & Bones later today. Apparently, the terms of that big government grant from Singapore is up, so they have to release whatever Ubi Singapore made by the end of the year. Expect a trainwreck (probably)

Last week (? we had Focus do a gameplay slice for Plague Tale: Requiem, and revealed an October release date. it looked nice.

Prime Matter did a short stream thing. Only thing of note was more info on "The Chant". It's got a nifty story trailer, I'll look for it later today.

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, I think Skull & Bones is going to be a let down. There hasn't been much to come out about it since it was announced (quite awhile now, If I'm not mistake). The last bit I saw on it looked pretty cool, but also it seemed to incorporate a lot of resource management, to the point of it being tedious. I'll still keep abreast of information about the game as it comes out, but my expectations have lowered quite considerably. Which is a shame, because I thought they had something special with the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag ocean faring/ship battles aspect and was excited to see how a game that focused on just that would come together.

#29 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:37 PM

Ha! Right after posting I saw this tweet.

https://twitter.com/...110613432696832

Release date announced - Nov. 8, 2022 (GoW Rags = Nov. 9). I'll have to check out the presentation tonight some time. I guess there were technical difficulties.. yikes. Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 July 2022 - 04:02 AM

Checked out the game play vid, which I think was about 10 mins. Not hating it, tbh. I will need to see those review sources that pull together into one place all of the top game journalist's impressions.

#31 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 July 2022 - 03:50 PM

SDCC started yesterday and runs through the weekend, so I expect some game related stuff. So far there has been TLoU 1 related information, which, meh, doesn't really move the needle for me, as I played it already on PS3. I'd like to see reviews and commentary on what a remake on PS5 brings to the title.

#32 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:17 PM

Gamescom Opening Night Live show happened. Had some neat things

-Deck 13 (the devs who made The Surge) revealed their new action RPG "Atlas Fallen". Looks pretty cool
-new Chinese Open World RPG "Where Winds Meet" looks pretty nice
-3D hack'n'slashy oplatformer, "Phantom Hellcat" looked nice
-The Baba Yaga simulator, "Nightail" has a "Winter 2023" release window. Need that Slavic fairytale goodness in my veins
-Gotham Knights had a new trailer, revealing Harley Quinn and Clayface as additional villains. Gotta say, I thing Arkham Origins had the best story of all the Batman games, so WB Montreal could be making somethign special here. Still wanna know how it plays solo before buying though.
-Callisto protocol had a new gameplay footage. Featuring Uncharted-esque setpieces with the character being carried by a torrent of water and possibly dying when smashed on obstacles.
-Lies of P, the "Pinnochio Bloodborne" had a new gameplay trailer, and it also looks good
-"Scars Above", the "tomb raider meets Resident Evil, featuring hydralisks" sci-fi game from Prime Matter that had some gameplay in their terribad "conference" last year now got a formal reveal, with a trailer and a Steam page. I remain intrigued.
-2 new civs for AoE 4- The Malians & the Ottomans
-also, the sequel to "Lords of the Fallen" is now known as.... "The Lords of the Fallen". Lol.
-Oh, and Dead Island 2 is alive. And supposedly out next Feb.

All in all, a decent show, though nothing earth-shattering. Bunch of neat stuff I am/been looking forward to, though, so definitely one of the most content-packed shows in recent memory.

#33 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 August 2022 - 07:24 PM

Gamescom delivering gampeplay snippets for loads of cool stuff.

Gungrave G.O.R.E. is coming out Nov 22nd. The publisher, Prime Matter, is really stacking their Q4, because Last Oricru (Witcher 2 in space) is slated for end of Oct, The Chant (a survival horror with magic-based combat) is out Nov 3rd, and this game end of Nov.

Outcast 2 looks basic, but nice. Being able to jetpack/glide everywhere is cool.

Both Atlas Fallen (Deck 13) and Wo Long (Team Ninja) are gonna be ditching the stamina bar, so less souls-y, more action-y. Can't say I disapprove, there's still like a million soulslikes on the horizon.

Alone in the Dark reboot also looking pretty neat.

Wanted: Dead is gonna be out on Valentine's Day 2023, and it's looking primo jank.

Some in-depth looks at the 3 games from the Xbox showcase: High on life, Last Case of Benedict fox and Ereban.

there's a new Atomic Heart trailer, but not watching that, for obvious reasons

Forspoken got an in-depth look video, and the world looks barren, and the combat looks complicated. The game's pretty, but unless I snag a 3060 this holiday season, all those particle effects will go to waste... plus Squeenix is charging 90 CAD (plus tax) for it, and I ain't paying that much for a game- not while I've got stacks of backlog and cheaper AA games to buy.

A few indie games are getting release date/windows announcements now too, which is neat. Afterimage (a super-pretty looking metroidvania) is supposed to be put this wnter, and Ghost Song (a metroid-like I played a demo for) is out in November.

Tempest Rising looks like an unabashed Tiberian Sun clone, and I'm very happy about that.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users