THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:59 PM

But what will happen to my comment?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:50 PM

Are the games deleted too? What is happening? I'm scared? Teens are texting satanic symbols, Oh lord won't someone think of the innocents!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:24 AM

(Already easily my favorite Olympics of all time... well, in the last few decades, at least (hasn't been any naked pankration for a while...))

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I hope all those lights are robots... or drones at least)

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 January 2022 - 09:28 AM

They're surveillance cameras. Gosh, I hope it doesn't affect our guys social credit scores. Otherwise they might end up in a "dormitory" in East Turkestan ...

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 28 January 2022 - 09:30 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:42 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 28 January 2022 - 09:28 AM, said:

They're surveillance cameras. Gosh, I hope it doesn't affect our guys social credit scores. Otherwise they might end up in a "dormitory" in East Turkestan ...

AKA a part of the divine trinity (omniscience, omnibenevolence, omnipotence) still (glacially) being born....

#8 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2022 - 04:11 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 28 January 2022 - 09:28 AM, said:

They're ghosts:

'Mohist doctrine builds on a particular quality of the ghosts: ming—the "illumination," or the ability to see things clearly. These ideas are based on the principle that, in order to be able to mete out punishments and rewards, ghosts need to be "clear-sighted"—ming, and thus capable of discerning right from wrong.

[...] "Ming gui" foregrounds the quality of ming—the principle of justice and Heaven's agency in human life. The execution of justice, which is the crucial concern of the treatise, depends on ming and not on ghosts. Humans, too, can be "illuminated" (ming) and serve as Heaven's agents meting out punishments and rewards.

[...] an illuminated sage ruler (ming jun 明君) is the one who, on behalf of Heaven, ultimately metes out just punishments and rewards, not the ghosts.

In Mozi "Ming gui" the main objective is a good government, which is based not so much on the belief in ghosts, but on a proper administration of punishments and rewards. A ming government, in turn, depends on the sage (ming) ruler, who, as seen in Mozi, possesses ghost-like qualities. Therefore, in the doctrine laid out in the treatise the emphasis is less on the dogmatic belief in the physical existence of ghosts and in their actual execution of rewards and punishments, and more on defining and understanding the quality of "discernment"—the concept of ming itself. "Ming gui," then, is not about the ghosts, but about ming—a universal concept not tied exclusively to ghosts and not limited to one function. The importance of the belief in actual agents from the spirit world in Mohist doctrine gives way to a more agnostic view of "ghosts" as a function of moral balance and retribution. Mozi's insistence on these qualities suggests a moral, politically pragmatic stance rather than an ontological one.'

https://www.cambridg...5A516F9299AA024

'Mohism [...] was an ancient Chinese philosophy of ethics and logic, rational thought, and science[...]

"If Mohism, rich in scientific thought, had rapidly grown and strengthened, the situation might have been very favorable to the development of a scientific structure. [...] disastrous upheavals again occurred in the process of social transformation, leading to the greatest social disorder in Chinese history. One can imagine the effect of this calamity on science."'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohism

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users