Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium 8 : Magi's Madness - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium 8 : Magi's Madness - Chat Thread

#3461 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:10 AM

The thread lives!

Also it’s clear that the winning was about to be done by me. That’s how my diary records it, and that’s how it shall be remembered.

We’re quite big into board games in our house. The spare room’s so full of them that this year we’re trying to play each one at least once in order to decide which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of to make more room.

We also finally got back to our game of Pandemic Legacy season 2. We started it four years ago, got about halfway through before stopping, started up again during the lockdowns and got to the penultimate month before stopping again. Now, four years later, we’re finally on to the last round of the game.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3462 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:25 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 May 2022 - 09:03 PM, said:

Does your wife play games with your group Tapper or is that a you thing? Does it impact your family life?

Not currently. Our daughter is three, so we either would need to host, or only one can go - plus, games are my passion, not my wife's. We (she and I) play smth like Wingspan or Everdell once a month, plus Kid's Carcassone or Ticket to Ride every other weekend with our girl, but that's about it. Heavy euros, coops and dudes on a map are not her thing so much. Finally, my game group is hosted by her manager's husband (our wives introduced us), I guess that has a minor effect, too.
As for impact: once, at most twice a week I leave early in the evening (around 18.15) and come back between 22.30 and midnight. That's pretty OK, especially since our silent agreement is that I am the one to get out of bed for the little one, if needed :)

This post has been edited by Tapper: 24 May 2022 - 08:28 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3463 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:25 PM

Wingspan and Everdell have both recently seen a lot of play in my house, very nicely designed games. We’ve also been enjoying Isle of Cats (to continue the animal theme). Over lockdown I think we played multiple games of Ticket to Ride every single day (the mobile app version, local online play).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3464 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:38 PM

https://www.dicebrea...preview-gen-con

Anyone played this?

#3465 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:48 PM

Is it even out yet?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3466 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2023 - 12:12 AM

Damn... It's been over a year since I've logged on. I see that everyone looks to have moved on. I really enjoyed paying with you all. How is everyone doing these days?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3467 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 August 2023 - 02:00 AM

View Posttwelve, on 08 August 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

Damn... It's been over a year since I've logged on. I see that everyone looks to have moved on. I really enjoyed paying with you all. How is everyone doing these days?

Somehow I survived the Muaat war sun bombardment wildfires without my house burning down, and nowadays I can even breathe normally again. Yay.

How are you?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3468 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2023 - 02:14 PM

I interpret that as you had bad forest fires in your area. We had that a few years back. Couldn't even go outside the air was so bad. My aunt and uncle had to evacuate their home but almost waited too long and had fires burning on both sides of the road as they drove to escape. My cousin's kid took video. It was some very scary stuff. Hope your experience wasn't near as harrowing. As for me I've been doing same ol same ol. Nothing terribly exciting. Did get to see my brother for the first time since before the bug. Somehow he convinced me to meet him in Vegas for a weekend when the temperatures were closer to boiling than freezing. Hot as Hell.

#3469 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2023 - 10:19 PM

It boggles my mind that you guys have to deal with wildfires. I'm going to California for a wedding shortly fingers crossed no wildfires! Glad you are back twelve. Shame we never managed to finish!

#3470 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2023 - 11:15 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 August 2023 - 10:19 PM, said:

It boggles my mind that you guys have to deal with wildfires. I'm going to California for a wedding shortly fingers crossed no wildfires! Glad you are back twelve. Shame we never managed to finish!

I'm just North of Cali in Oregon and most of our wildfires are in remote areas started mostly by lighting but the one I was talking about I think was started by some idiots lighting illegal fireworks out in the woods. Had some coworkers that had to be ready to evacuate but thankfully the wind finally shifted to allow firefighters to get it contained. Anytime I go through the passes you can still easily see the devastation. Pretty crazy.

I know California has had near record rain recently which is a nice change for once but it still dries out pretty good in the summer. What part of California? I'm assuming southern. My cousin has a cabin right across the Oregon California border that I have been going to about once or twice a year. About a 4 hour car drive down I-5.

#3471 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 August 2023 - 10:23 PM

Yeah San Francisco, big Sur and Yosemite is where I'm spending my time mostly.

#3472 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:42 AM

Canadian forest fires for me, but about the same. Was really not fun to breathe outside for a while there. Thankfully I wasn't in the really scary area where evacuations were happening.

Shame we never managed to finish!

I wonder if anyone went and bought the game to play in-person after we stopped playing here...

#3473 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:51 PM

View PostD, on 14 August 2023 - 03:42 AM, said:

Canadian forest fires for me, but about the same. Was really not fun to breathe outside for a while there. Thankfully I wasn't in the really scary area where evacuations were happening.

Shame we never managed to finish!

I wonder if anyone went and bought the game to play in-person after we stopped playing here...

Well I was woken up last night due to an emergency text alert for an immediate evacuation due to wildfires. A fire must have started up the mountain passes as the location is over an hour drive away. Woke up to hazy skies this morning. I swear all this talk must have jinxed the area.

And I would have loved to have picked up the game and played in person but I don't have a game group in the area so it would only gather dust with the Gloomhaven and Eclipse games that have been purchased in the past. I haven't played since I was eliminated from the last game.

#3474 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:53 AM

I have TI4 base game on my shelf, never played it and as a result, opted against buying the expansion. Still playing by-weekly, but we’re starting on D&D every other week and the board game week has been taken up mostly by Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood (great game, but too many scenarios).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users