• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 8 Signup

#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

Depending on how many players we have, I'm likely going to pull a tournament map from Space Cats Peace Turtles, and we're going to try a 14 point game, just to see how it goes.

If we get enough signups quickly enough, we can likely start on Monday! :)

1) Morgoth
2) Tattersail
3) Khellendros
4) IH
5) Drek
6) Tapper
7) Twelve

Game Map

Alright, randomized order of play (Table Order) is: Drek > Tattersail > Khellendros > Twelve > Morgoth > Tapper > IH

You guys can start drafting now. As a reminder, we are doing a snake draft for factions and starting positions. That means Drek chooses either her starting position or her faction, then Tatts and so on until we reach IH who will choose both his faction and his starting position, then Tapper will choose whatever he hasn't chosen yet, and so on until we make our way back up to Drek.

The Speaker token will be randomized at game start.

Drek: Starting Position # 7; Hacan
Tattersail: Starting Position # 3; L1Z1X
Khellendros: VuilRaith Cabal; Position # 2
Twelve: Starting Position # 1; Mahact Gene-Sorcerers
Morgoth: Starting Position # 5; Sardakk N'orr
Tapper: Starting Position # 6; Letnev
IH: Starting Position # 4; Muaat

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 16 April 2021 - 04:02 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:37 PM

I'm in!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

In
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:51 PM

In!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#5 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:51 PM

In! Are the codex maps any good?

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:55 PM

In!

View PostBlend, on 15 April 2021 - 12:56 PM, said:

Depending on how many players we have, I'm likely going to pull a tournament map from Space Cats Peace Turtles

Are those the wild and creative type like the codex maps? Or more of a "make sure everyone has exactly 11 influence, 1 anomaly, and perfect symmetry so that only player ability will factor into the game" ?

and we're going to try a 14 point game, just to see how it goes.

Oooooooooo okay! More play time for us! ^_^

And suddenly the Arborec are looking very intriguing...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:58 PM

View PostD, on 15 April 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

In!

Depending on how many players we have, I'm likely going to pull a tournament map from Space Cats Peace Turtles

Are those the wild and creative type like the codex maps? Or more of a "make sure everyone has exactly 11 influence, 1 anomaly, and perfect symmetry so that only player ability will factor into the game" ?

They tend to be more about balance so that their tourneys are about player ability rather than dependent on faction stuff and the slice you get.

I'll see if I can dig up some tourney maps and post them.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:07 PM

Here's the 2021 tournament map that we will likely use:

Spoiler

Their tournament rules is snake draft for starting location / faction and roll for speaker, so likely we'll do that.

#9 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:26 PM

Not gonna lie, I kind of hate it. But that's what makes it fun, isn't it :p

If Twelve and Tapper both join in though you'll have to pick something else or stretch it out a bit.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#10 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:27 PM

View PostD, on 15 April 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

Not gonna lie, I kind of hate it. But that's what makes it fun, isn't it :p

If Twelve and Tapper both join in though you'll have to pick something else or stretch it out a bit.

Yeah, if Tapper and Twelve both join and we have 7 players, I'll likely pull one of the codex/PoK pre-made maps for 7 players.

#11 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:29 PM

If we have a 7-player game we'll try the "Magi's Madness" map from the Codex 2 book.

#12 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:15 PM

Would love to join, and I *think* I can manage at the edges of the day and with some provisionals.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:18 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 April 2021 - 03:15 PM, said:

Would love to join, and I *think* I can manage at the edges of the day and with some provisionals.

Hooray, Tapper's back!

#14 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:19 PM

View PostBlend, on 15 April 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

If we have a 7-player game we'll try the "Magi's Madness" map from the Codex 2 book.

I both love and hate everything about this map!

#15 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:20 PM

View PostD, on 15 April 2021 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 15 April 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

I both love and hate everything about this map!

Yeah, it looks wild!

#16 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:24 PM

Can we hide our race choices?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#17 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:31 PM

Oh man I loved how crazy the magi's madness map looked

#18 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:31 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 April 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

Can we hide our race choices?

No, it will be done in a snake draft like we usually do, for starting position and faction choices, but I'll roll the Speaker Token.

#19 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:44 PM

I love that map! Can someone remind me about hyperlanes as we haven't used them before? Does it make it just one movement to go from one end of the hyperlane to the other? Can you jump on a hyperlane at a different point, or does it have to be from the end points? Can you move into and stop in hyperlane-only hexes?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:46 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 15 April 2021 - 03:44 PM, said:

I love that map! Can someone remind me about hyperlanes as we haven't used them before? Does it make it just one movement to go from one end of the hyperlane to the other? Can you jump on a hyperlane at a different point, or does it have to be from the end points? Can you move into and stop in hyperlane-only hexes?

A hyperlane can only be entered from one end, and it moves you to the other end in 1 movement. You cannot stop in hyperlane tiles or enter them from anywhere but the ends of the hyperlanes.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users