Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Rookie

#1 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:35 PM

We don’t seem to have a thread. I really enjoy this show. Was not what I was expecting, with Fillion I though it would be a comedy but it’s actually just a drama.

Just found season 3 has been running since January

So with BLM I would of course expect it to affect cop shows like the rookie and even Brooklyn nine nine. That said I feel like the show is handling it incredibly poorly. No subtlety. I feel like episodes are hitting me with a sledgehammmer. It’s actually so rough at points it takes me right out of the show.

There is even an episode where Fillions character is told to be careful and that just doing a simple kind act might make him feel good but won’t really help the community. I feel that’s a wired point for a tv show to make.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

There can be only one Rookie!

Attached File  1990-the-rookie-poster1_thumb.jpg (13.71K)
Number of downloads: 0

#3 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

I agree that they are hitting us over the head with the bad cop thing. I also agree that the whole "you're a jerk because you are genuinely just trying to do something nice but you are doing it wrong" thing was a bit much. I really do like this show and I love all the characters and I agree that I pictured it to be kind of a silly comedy but it is way better then I expected.

#4 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:25 AM

OMG! We are now ina literal criminal justice and ethics class and debating defund the police!!

#5 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:01 AM

View PostBriar King, on 30 April 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

My goodness. Looking at reviews of this season has been interesting.I’ve never wanted a show I like to just be canceled so much before till now.

Oof, 23% on RT with some scathing audience reviews.

View PostBriar King, on 25 May 2021 - 01:29 AM, said:

Consider me actually very surprised. S4 is a go.

Must be a market I guess.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users