Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium VII: Revelations - Chatty Thread - Malazan Empire

• 146 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium VII: Revelations - Chatty Thread

#761 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:09 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 January 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 January 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

Blend, I'd be happy to exchange alliances, as we discussed. Also, I would like to move a destroyer into Kraag - Siig. We discussed how I could do that in return for not protesting your move into the rift. Is that still acceptable to you?

We have already traded alliance PNs, we did it when I took Quann.

No prob re Siig/Kraag

alliance and your pacts would both be cancelled by activating siig/kraag fyi

#762 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:13 PM

No Trade or Diplo, interesting!!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#763 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:13 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 January 2021 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 January 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 January 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

Blend, I'd be happy to exchange alliances, as we discussed. Also, I would like to move a destroyer into Kraag - Siig. We discussed how I could do that in return for not protesting your move into the rift. Is that still acceptable to you?

We have already traded alliance PNs, we did it when I took Quann.

No prob re Siig/Kraag

alliance and your pacts would both be cancelled by activating siig/kraag fyi

This is true, but I would just give them back to Morgoth as his parking something over Siig/Kraag to score the outer rim PO was always in the cards.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#764 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

Morgoth if you play Leadership right away I MIGHT be able to do something about Khell. A lot has to go right but its it's not out of the equation.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#765 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Morgoth if you play Leadership right away I MIGHT be able to do something about Khell. A lot has to go right but its it's not out of the equation.

And if you think I'm bad on Rex, wait till the Winnu get there (and also obliterate anyone on a legendary planet and have their home system unconquerable thanks to their +50 attack skills after fighting on Rex).

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 22 January 2021 - 03:38 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#766 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 22 January 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

And if you think I'm bad on Rex, wait till the Winnu get there (and also obliterate anyone on a legendary planet and have their home system unconquerable thanks to their +50 attack skills after fighting on Rex).

It's my destiny to be forever assaulted by the dredges of the galaxy. The Winnu are much accustomed to such pressures. We are prepared for these burdens. We also gladly take on this responsibility so as to free you up for what you, Saar, are truly destined to do. Roam!Roam far and wide. Explore new and exciting places. Navigate the Stars and meet new peoples. Begin now and set yourself free.

#767 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

Blend's hero looks really fun, all the explores!

#768 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

:apt:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#769 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 January 2021 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 22 January 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's my destiny to be forever assaulted by the dredges of the galaxy. The Winnu are much accustomed to such pressures. We are prepared for these burdens. We also gladly take on this responsibility so as to free you up for what you, Saar, are truly destined to do. Roam!Roam far and wide. Explore new and exciting places. Navigate the Stars and meet new peoples. Begin now and set yourself free.

Having looked at the map a bit more I hve concluded... I have no idea what you think you can do with a first turn leadership play but I am excited to find out :p

#770 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 January 2021 - 06:06 PM, said:

Do you have a standard fee for the use of your racial tech btw blend, I can see times where I'd want that +1 to move

#771 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:58 PM

He needs the ct in strategy to research technology
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#772 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 January 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

Seems unlikely that would stop khell scoring imperial

#773 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:17 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 January 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 January 2021 - 06:06 PM, said:

Do you have a standard fee for the use of your racial tech btw blend, I can see times where I'd want that +1 to move

Haven't really thought about it. I'd say 1TG, but I'm open to any offers.

#774 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 January 2021 - 09:02 PM, said:

I never said I could stop him from scoring. I said I might be able to convince him to get off Rex this round. And Tatts called it I want the CT so I can tech.

#775 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:31 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 January 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

I never said I could stop him from scoring. I said I might be able to convince him to get off Rex this round. And Tatts called it I want the CT so I can tech.

I'm teching first round...

#776 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

I doubt khell will even be attempting to hold rex so I'm sure you can

#777 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:49 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 January 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm teching first round...

Then if I've got even a chance to pull off a Rex move this round I need Morgoth to pop Leadership as his first action. I'm not paying for it as it's probably a better move for me NOT to attack Rex but it would be fun to see what the improve Winnu can do.

This post has been edited by twelve: 22 January 2021 - 09:49 PM

#778 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:04 PM

I'll be playing construction first round, and I imagine khell is playing imperial so I guess it depends on how many strategies morgoth wants to follow to get that refresh engine of his turning.

It's going to be interesting to see what tech paths everyone decides to follow, ai development really opens up some interesting new unit upgrade paths and the new PO makes a lot more tech paths viable.

Tatts cruiser/pds path with ai development looks fun, as does my warsun/pds/destroyer path, blends deep blue path is going to be VERY different from previous games, and morgoths crazy economy path is really interesting.

No idea what the best routes for winnu and saar are with the new tech though! Sarween and dreads maybe for saar. No idea for winnu.

#779 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:09 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 January 2021 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'll be playing construction first round, and I imagine khell is playing imperial so I guess it depends on how many strategies morgoth wants to follow to get that refresh engine of his turning.

It's going to be interesting to see what tech paths everyone decides to follow, ai development really opens up some interesting new unit upgrade paths and the new PO makes a lot more tech paths viable.

Tatts cruiser/pds path with ai development looks fun, as does my warsun/pds/destroyer path, blends deep blue path is going to be VERY different from previous games, and morgoths crazy economy path is really interesting.

No idea what the best routes for winnu and saar are with the new tech though! Sarween and dreads maybe for saar. No idea for winnu.

My cruiser 2 upgrade is going to be fun when I hit that. Sustain damage will be huge for them, 6 combat, move 3 and carry 2. Its like a super dread. There's not many moves I can make though. I'm really CT starved.

I'm wondering whether taking tech was the best idea in this case. Maybe leadership a second time round should have been the way forward.

No regrets though, its a tough board for a slow race to start with.

#780 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 January 2021 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 January 2021 - 10:04 PM, said:

My cruiser 2 upgrade is going to be fun when I hit that. Sustain damage will be huge for them, 6 combat, move 3 and carry 2. Its like a super dread. There's not many moves I can make though. I'm really CT starved.

I'm wondering whether taking tech was the best idea in this case. Maybe leadership a second time round should have been the way forward.

No regrets though, its a tough board for a slow race to start with.

I was very surprised you took tech, I was sure you'd go leadership as you are so starved of CTs, and your abilities are so CT hungry. I think you are suffering from the same problem I am with this very influence poor board, with a faction that thrives off many actions. Titans are a strange race, they have some really cool abilities, and the internet seems to love them but I'm not sure how to make them tick.

Are you still going to unlock your commander this turn now mallice is in your sights?

Share this topic:

• 146 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users