#1 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

Hey all,

I need help. I have something concerning going on and need help knowing how to look up someone to see if they are a felon and for what crime. There are a lot of sites offering related services and the like, but I am naturally wary of anything offered by the interwebz. Any one have suggestions and the like?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:59 PM

If you send me 5000 USD in Bitcoin I know a guy who knows a guy.

#3 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:02 AM

It is more about some weird goings on with my ex. I am trying to figure out if my boys are safe.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:05 AM

You can always do a criminal history report via the state they have lived in/visited. Usually these are found on state law enforcement sites. Any arrests/convictions that aren't sealed or expunged are public info.

They typically are for a nominal fee.

E.g.: Indiana - http://www.in.gov/ai/appfiles/isp-lch/

Edit: These are not dubious per se. Aliases and other things of course will provide problems. However, these are always what I've had to order when I was doing official business with various state governments and applying for permits and such as an agent of a D.B.A. corp. as well as running them for potential employees.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 05 January 2021 - 02:09 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 January 2021 - 03:40 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 04 January 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

Hey all,

I need help. I have something concerning going on and need help knowing how to look up someone to see if they are a felon and for what crime. There are a lot of sites offering related services and the like, but I am naturally wary of anything offered by the interwebz. Any one have suggestions and the like?

If this is the United States, I believe you can call your counties sheriff department, ask for the records division and do a FOIA (freedom of information act) request. Some states call it slightly different wording. The problem comes in if his criminal record was in a different county and/or state. I have never made such a request but this is tangentially related to my work at the moment.

Depending on the state and the sheriff they can force you to come in person, may require you to use their specific web portal for records requests or you may be able to do it on the phone. With covid I now many sheriff departments discourage in person visits for records and should be happy assist over the phone.

This post has been edited by Cause: 05 January 2021 - 03:42 AM

#6 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:27 AM

I don’t know if your state has the same, but Illinois has judici.org, where you can search case files by plaintiff/defendants last name.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users